Home

Friends, what is your take on MyTeam for 2k19 compared to 18?

This is a discussion on Friends, what is your take on MyTeam for 2k19 compared to 18? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2018, 06:42 AM   #25
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Friends, what is your take on MyTeam for 2k19 compared to 18?

MyTeam 2K19 is better than last year because there are more game modes. I also like the card collection rewards. However, a budget baller will never get to 1500. Some of the collection rewards are junk as well. 500 to be able to create jerseys, come on! Ruby Greg Oden???
It's still a major cash grab. That was evident when they released a PD before the season even started. At this rate there is going to be be 5 or 6 Diamond or better before the end of the season.
Pro - I love the many options/ game modes, tokens is a great idea. Diamond contracts and shoes in the auction house are such a great thing (why it wasn't there before was stupid).
Con (sort of) I wish there wasn't such a release of Diamonds and Pink Diamonds so early. We already have Amy's in the 2019 collection (which is great), but they are only creating these higher cards so we spend money to get the next version of the same player. Unlimited Tourney seems okay, but the tickets is a punch in the junk. Waste of time.
Terrible - Matchmaking is a train wreck. Servers have only dropped me out of 3 games, but loss of contracts sucks. Still cheesy game play. The Paul George challenge was completely stupid and a major waste of time (and contracts). The worse thing about this game are the contract sucking games.

2K19 is good, but not great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2018, 03:13 PM   #26
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

It's much better than last year, but that's not saying much. I think MyTeam 2k18 made NBA JAM look like a true basketball simulator.

But 2k is still continuing to promote 5 out basketball (aka bad basketball) by having the 3pt % success rate extremely high, and awful cpu PnR defense.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:10 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 12

This game is definitely a major money sucker so for those who don’t want to get dragged into that, stay away.

That being said I’ve had the most fun I’ve had with a 2k game since 2k11 with 2k19 and a lot of that has to do with the thrill of this mode. It’s constantly dangling some sort of reward in front of your face to keep you motivated. Whether that’s the next reward level, finishing some challenges/domination for reward tokens or just piling up MT to be able to grab some better players.

Working the auction house is a ton of fun, getting a feel for what’s a good price and how the market flows up and down is super fun to me.

Gameplay itself is ok, they’ve tweaked the game to make defense less effective and that’s frustrating. At launch steals where overpowered in some situations but quick defenders felt quick and bad defenders felt slow, everything feels a bit more sluggish and less responsive now but I’m still having a good time. You just have to adjust. Great shooters will drain it in your face but contesting shots properly will cause ok and poor shooters to miss enough to effect the game.

I’m usually a MyLeague player once the season starts but I can’t get myself to get into the mode because MyTeam keeps calling my name.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-29-2018, 04:33 AM   #28
Rookie

Mortiis's Arena

on what difficulty is myteam set?
pro,all star or superstar?
Old 01-01-2019, 04:16 PM   #29
Rookie

Mortiis's Arena

i've quit this mode for good after playing just two games...this is pure arcade mode and have nothing to so with basketball simulation (like my league online when u put it on superstar or hall of fame)...
i'm still very angry that i even waste few hours on this stupid mode...hitting threes from every where....game speed is ridiculously fast...pure arcade!
Old 02-05-2019, 07:04 AM   #30
Just started!

I hate both 18 and 19. I miss the purity of 13 and 14, no over the top fantasy cards. Much more skill based. Sure they had some gameplay issues as well but which 2k doesn't.

I realize the mode is a huge cashcow and therefore the nonsensical (pink) diamonds will stay. And that's fine, some people love cheese. Let the children have their fun. However, why not introduce a barebones mode next year. Only regular current and historic cards, no fantasy, no badges, no shoes, superstar difficulty, pure user skill. Preferably some lineup restrictions as well, max 2 or 3 superstars etc. You get the idea.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:37 AM   #31
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecatmonkey88
However, why not introduce a barebones mode next year. Only regular current and historic cards, no fantasy, no badges, no shoes, superstar difficulty, pure user skill. Preferably some lineup restrictions as well, max 2 or 3 superstars etc. You get the idea.

There are people doing open myteam leagues/tourneys with real hard caps. So if you are into that look out for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2019, 11:14 AM   #32
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

I really feel like this game will only improve when the Moments card model is abolished. Every player in MyTeam should be rated equivalent to their rating on the regular rosters, period, end of story. These can fluctuate up and down during the season, that's great. Heck, they can even go up temporarily based on a run of good play (sort of like The Show's Inside Edge), but these incremental changes in rating are just plain dumb and serve no purpose other than to flood the market with cards.

Now, that having been said, there is definitely still room for historic cards herein. A rookie LeBron with crazier athleticism and a less refined skill set would be welcomed, an MVP LeBron with the dude playing at his absolute peak would be great too, but having 4 different cards for a guy like Kuzma, who's having a great season but is by no means worthy of a rating even with the likes of Hakeem, is insane. Having FEWER cards and card options for current players would, I think, actually be better than starting out with neutered versions of stars so that you can release a flashy pink diamond later in the year. It'd balance the game so much better, imo.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »