Home

Rewards reviews (how to spend your tokens)

This is a discussion on Rewards reviews (how to spend your tokens) within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2018, 05:38 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Rewards reviews (how to spend your tokens)

Holy Balls, how do you guys have so many tokens? I just unlocked the sapphire rewards, and I'm pissed each player now costs 6 tokens. I cannot stand playing the computer in this game, it's so boring I'd rather die, so all I can do for these tokens is grind triple threat and unlimited and hope for the best.

I've also been having some decent luck on the badge market, although it's not always easy to make much of a profit on PS4 it seems. I doubt I'll sink MT in completing collections for those token rewards, as the players I'll get will do doubt be eclipsed by new cards and aren't resellable.

Last edited by jrtitan; 09-24-2018 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:30 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtitan
Holy Balls, how do you guys have so many tokens? I just unlocked the sapphire rewards, and I'm pissed each player now costs 6 tokens. I cannot stand playing the computer in this game, it's so boring I'd rather die, so all I can do for these tokens is grind triple threat and unlimited and hope for the best.

I've also been having some decent luck on the badge market, although it's not always easy to make much of a profit on PS4 it seems. I doubt I'll sink MT in completing collections for those token rewards, as the players I'll get will do doubt be eclipsed by new cards and aren't resellable.
The only thing that's stoppimg me from finishing even just one collection is the ridiculous amount of MT the silvers go for. Makes no sense to me that i can purchase both Beal and Wall together for cheaper than Mahinmi.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:57 AM   #19
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardedaussie
The only thing that's stoppimg me from finishing even just one collection is the ridiculous amount of MT the silvers go for. Makes no sense to me that i can purchase both Beal and Wall together for cheaper than Mahinmi.

Well, the trick is to manage to get these silvers cheap

Made tons of MT off the silver market...

What rather bugs me are those expensive Amy Players and I really hope there is some crash coming soon. Even if I pick up any Giannis for 30k like today, I still hold back locking it, because I feel it's too much for a card I dont even intend to use.
Old 09-25-2018, 06:54 PM   #20
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
Well, the trick is to manage to get these silvers cheap

Made tons of MT off the silver market...

What rather bugs me are those expensive Amy Players and I really hope there is some crash coming soon. Even if I pick up any Giannis for 30k like today, I still hold back locking it, because I feel it's too much for a card I dont even intend to use.
I'm in the exact same boat with Kawhi and the Raptors. Just need him to complete Raptors and I am 16 tokens short of my 7th diamond - either Willis Reed or Paul Westphal... I know that's going to be a dilemma to choose.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:21 AM   #21
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

I planned on replacing Harden with Peja, but Harden pretty much carried my team to finally getting another 60 tokens, so he secured his spot for now. I opted to pick up Rashard Lewis as a more versatile stretch 4, so I could move Dirk to the bench and replace KP.

Worst decision I've made. I immediately throw a diamond shoe on him to even further boost his shooting. With all the boosts from coaching, he's in the high 90s for all his 3 ball stats. This card couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a pickup truck. He, for some absurd reason, has 4 of the 5 3pt zones listed as cold. He misses so many wide open shots. Even in practice. I don't know if he's one of those guys whose release doesn't time up with his meter, but if it wasn't green, chances were it was a brick.

He's got classic tweener issues. Too slow to play SF, he gets lost on defense guarding off-ball, can't beat other SF's off the dribble. His post fade is decent, but he doesn't have the strength to consistently get in position for it. He also has cold zones everywhere in the paint except the right block.

He's too weak to play PF. His height helps a bit, but if you go up against someone with a good PF with any type of muscle, you're gonna have to send him to the bench.

He needs an update, seriously. No reason for a card this hard to acquire to be this much of a liability. I've seen 2K correct hot zones in the past so hopefully this will be changed, but as of now, go with Peja. I haven't used him, but he has to be better than this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2018, 03:51 PM   #22
Just started!

Emeralds:

Frye - he was necessary for me to win in unlimited. Great PF for running pick and fade. He can't do anything else though.

Mo Pete - money release and hits three's for me all day in triple threat off of a pick

J Will and Payton - not bad PG's overall, but not great either

Bonzi Wells - good defender and decent all around offensive player

Ehlo - not a fan, too slow and couldn't hit three's at a rate that I expected from his rating

West - good on post fade, but a little too slow. I only like using him off the bench in domination

Posey - decent 3 and D wing but I like a better athlete at SF

McGee - good D in the post, solid rebounder, and decent dunker

Lee - quick and can shoot, decent all around player
Old 10-07-2018, 07:56 AM   #23
Pro

biglami's Arena

OVR: 11
Rewards reviews (how to spend your tokens)

Emerald:

MoPete- this guy just got booted off my team. The last of the emeralds.

World b free - I only just learned of him after I completed my 10 so I never used him. But I seen vids and he’s legit. Great dunker and shooter.

Sapphire:

Jared Jeffries - when you are grinding the first round of domination and difficulty is at pro, this guy is insane. There’s a glitch in his stats and how the D guards him. Pass the ball to him in the corner for a 3. Watch his guy run away and sink the wide open 3. This stops working as teams get better but when you are in your early grind, this guy can get you 40 easy. I can barely get 20 with anyone else but this guy is just sick. Silky smooth release, and at 6’11, with defenders running away from him on Pro difficulty, he’s like Dirk.

Shumpert - I don’t like his jumper - he elevates too slowly and too high so it’s hard for me to time. It’s not impossible tho; I got my shooter that are easy for me and he’s just not one of them. He’s slow with the ball too. But if you off ball and let him lock up the opposing PG then he will give them the business; and its steals and dunks all day.

Bol- he is a shot blocking machine. And he can get out backs and dunks. He’s slow tho and has no ball control. Don’t count on him for 3s unless you’re playing pro- jumper is too hard to time. I find him way more aggressive and mean than Bradley, who has similar height and shot blocking. Bradley is way too polite to enjoy any serious time with the Insane Maniacs.

Frazier- lockdown D. Tough jumper to time.

Charmers - another lockdown D, but his jumper is funny.

Ruby

Rider rider rider - this guy is a monster. I dropped a link to a 5 hour recent YouTube cast I did; and rider was the star. He explodes to the rim and dunks in traffic as well as anyone I’ve run, but that’s not saying much. Put pickpocket and bruiser on him and run the full court press and he will be almost a lockdown guy and get you some steals if you off ball with a big.

Jones - another lockdown D guy who’s jumper I struggle with. He is an awesome dunker tho- not so much in traffic but on there break when he needs to elevate to get away he will.

Pippen- I struggle with his jumper too (seeing a pattern) but he has this defense team boost thing and he’s lockdown himself so he’s seen a lot of minutes for me. He was my starting PG for awhile with grant hill off the bench. Hill has since taken over starting PG with rider as the backup. The starter is the lockdown guy; backup is the scorer. Pippen looks like he’s done now that I got dirk. We will see tho - I like pippen for his versatility - he just can’t shoot for me.

I didn’t use most of the other ruby guys - Rodman a little when I needed a stop in big games against juiced teams but usually I don’t want him around.

Amethyst

Dirk- I just unlocked him last night and he was the guy I needed to get me past some sticking points in the schedule challenges that were giving me grief. Love his jumper! So easy to time!!

Next amethyst is either Petrie or tomjanovich

—- —- —- —- —- —- —-

Budget steals on the AH / not rewards but you need to try them if you wanna win during your grind:

Rip Hamilton - lockdown D guy, and his jumper is so wet, even off the dribble. I got him for 2000 and he’s the best SG I’ve used - granted I ain’t used anyone above ruby for SG but he’s awesome . Doesn’t get a ton of steals but he will lock up his guy (just like he did when he was with DET in mid 2000s- he was one of my favorite players back then and now).

Porzingus - he’s about 8k so a bit pricier than rip. A poor man’s dirk/ shawn Bradley with offense: a bit too polite for my liking but he makes up for it with his polished offensive game.

Embid/ towns- about 7k each I think and way better than any rewards I’ve seen at ruby and below.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »