Home

5 out still an option?

This is a discussion on 5 out still an option? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2018, 07:36 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
5 out still an option?

Hey guys. Probably some of you maybe remember me. I played up until I got pd Duncan at 2k17 mostly due to 5 out. 2k18 due to easy difficulty and 5 out I played less than 10 games in my team.

I read that difficulty is superstar which is great. But what about 5 out? Is it still a thing?

I won't play against Cousins who stick in the corner waiting for a split out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2018, 01:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 5 out still an option?

The worst I've seen is pick and fade with everyone standing at the 3. So yes. I'm not sure about 5 out with an isolation though.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:31 AM   #3
Rookie

I believe 5 out has been removed.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:39 AM   #4
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

All sets have been removed, if thats a good or bad thing everyone has to decide for himself...

New favourite seems to be pick & pops with stretch bigs yeah, some people play it exclusively.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:47 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ShowTime2
All sets have been removed, if thats a good or bad thing everyone has to decide for himself...

New favourite seems to be pick & pops with stretch bigs yeah, some people play it exclusively.
All sets? So how do you employ a 4 out 1 in set? You need to find a specific playbook?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2018, 10:10 AM   #6
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
All sets? So how do you employ a 4 out 1 in set? You need to find a specific playbook?

I can only say that I wasnt able to select anything so far in any online game. In the coach settings it also says "unavailable" for that option.

It may be that you need to unlock it? Would not surprise me...

Thats why I said if thats a good or bad thing you have to decide yourself. I like to play sim and if thats 2k's solution to the 5out cheese from last year its pretty much the worst option and a surrender to the cheesers by 2k...
Old 09-21-2018, 11:26 AM   #7
Rookie

You can still select freelances online, but it doesn't work with the D-pad at the moment, you need to call a timeout and use the coaching menu. So far, I can't tell exactly if 5out is still an option or not, I played the game for the first time today.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:39 PM   #8
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defconxx
You can still select freelances online, but it doesn't work with the D-pad at the moment, you need to call a timeout and use the coaching menu. So far, I can't tell exactly if 5out is still an option or not, I played the game for the first time today.

Oh thx for the info. I could swear that I looked in the timeout coaching menu and clearly saw "not available" or something like that. Must have overlooked it...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »