Home

Auction House Prices

This is a discussion on Auction House Prices within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2019, 06:23 AM   #1
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0
Auction House Prices

Can anyone tell me why the prices are so ****ed up? I can get emerald players on average for 1000. On the other hand, if I want to complete a set (pacers in specific) I have to pay well over 10k for all these bronze and silver players.

I actually sold Robert Williams, a 71 rated silver PF from the Boston Celtics, for 11800. What is up with that?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2019, 04:59 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Auction House Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
Can anyone tell me why the prices are so ****ed up? I can get emerald players on average for 1000. On the other hand, if I want to complete a set (pacers in specific) I have to pay well over 10k for all these bronze and silver players.

I actually sold Robert Williams, a 71 rated silver PF from the Boston Celtics, for 11800. What is up with that?!
For cards below Ruby tier rarity is more important than ratings, because a team set=20 tokens the rarer cards in the set have a much greater value. Also rare cards have greater value because of collector level rewards.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:51 PM   #3
MVP

Pack drop distributions are wack. Emerald, Sapphire, and Ruby drop at much greater rates than Silver and, generally, Bronze, and maybe even many or most Golds.
Old 02-07-2019, 05:16 AM   #4
MVP

jk31's Arena

Okay, so 2ks fault, because they just give out good cards way to often in comparison to bad cards?
Old 02-08-2019, 03:54 PM   #5
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
Okay, so 2ks fault, because they just give out good cards way to often in comparison to bad cards?
Less the "good cards" and more the mid-tier ones. Those rubies, sapphires and emeralds are generally not the cards that people want, as there are better ones out there even on the amethyst level.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »