Home

Let's Talk Contracts

This is a discussion on Let's Talk Contracts within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2019, 01:15 PM   #9
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Let's Talk Contracts

Yeah much like with FIFA and NHL, I just have various squads. I use the "good" squads when needed, and splurge on unlimited contracts for those guys I know I will want all year.

If you just get even slightly good at flipping cards in any of these modes, then simple things like contracts should never be an issue because you should always have enough currency.
Old 11-03-2019, 05:52 PM   #10
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
If you just get even slightly good at flipping cards in any of these modes, then simple things like contracts should never be an issue because you should always have enough currency.
Yeah, I understand this now. I spent one day flipping, picked up Diamond Dr. J and will be never be lacking for contracts again. Thanks for the tip!
Old 11-05-2019, 02:37 PM   #11
Rookie

PleadtheFoe5th's Arena

I finally got into myteam mode at the end of 2k19's life cycle, and I was hooked! So 2k20 is the 1st time I've played myteam from the beginning. As I'm getting closer to completing the domonation mode I started to think about the contracts and basically those will be "drying up" and how that would probably cause me to stop playing myteam for the most part 😤 .... that lead me to doing some exploring, and I found the fix!!!

Hall31 , has the right idea, but (Imo) his way can be improved upon!!

Best method that I've found:

Go to your lineup page, bring up your roster/lineup (13 players) that you wanna add contracts to.
Then click on a player card and go to purchase contracts, notice the description (it says to add 5 game contracts to EACH(13) player). Renewing contracts this way gives all 13 players +5 games!! (So that's 13pX5g= 65 games!) The price is determined by how strong that specific lineup is (i.e. 13 emerald cards are cheaper than 13 amethyst cards to refill)

The price for my current lineup is 2,720mt ( all evolution cards I'm grinding. 6 rubys, 3 sapphires, and 4 emeralds)

If you buy contracts from the auction house, a 5 game contract goes for 500mt (you CAN find/buy for 300-400 once in a while if you actually watch/wait and bid on auctions) 500/5=100g (per player)

With the method I explained above, it comes out to just under 42mt (41.84) a game, per player. Or 544mt each game (for 13 players) we should all be earning (atleast)1,000mt a game by now .... so the contract issue has been solved!!
Online daily
Plan to compete in EVERY 2k tournament & join league
If interested in a tryout or have any questions lmk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2019, 03:56 PM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleadtheFoe5th
I finally got into myteam mode at the end of 2k19's life cycle, and I was hooked! So 2k20 is the 1st time I've played myteam from the beginning. As I'm getting closer to completing the domonation mode I started to think about the contracts and basically those will be "drying up" and how that would probably cause me to stop playing myteam for the most part .... that lead me to doing some exploring, and I found the fix!!!

Hall31 , has the right idea, but (Imo) his way can be improved upon!!

Best method that I've found:

Go to your lineup page, bring up your roster/lineup (13 players) that you wanna add contracts to.

Then click on a player card and go to purchase contracts, notice the description (it says to add 5 game contracts to EACH(13) player). Renewing contracts this way gives all 13 players +5 games!! (So that's 13pX5g= 65 games!) The price is determined by how strong that specific lineup is (i.e. 13 emerald cards are cheaper than 13 amethyst cards to refill)

The price for my current lineup is 2,720mt ( all evolution cards I'm grinding. 6 rubys, 3 sapphires, and 4 emeralds)

If you buy contracts from the auction house, a 5 game contract goes for 500mt (you CAN find/buy for 300-400 once in a while if you actually watch/wait and bid on auctions) 500/5=100g (per player)

With the method I explained above, it comes out to just under 42mt (41.84) a game, per player. Or 544mt each game (for 13 players) we should all be earning (atleast)1,000mt a game by now .... so the contract issue has been solved!!
Yeah I accidentally figured that out last night

I was trying to add 5 games to just one player and chose to add them to the entire lineup

Seemed alot cheaper but I wasnt too sure. Good to know it is

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2019, 07:49 AM   #13
Rookie

PleadtheFoe5th's Arena

Zack317

Yeah its wayyyy cheaper that route, after finding the out... I know longer worry about the contract situation.

Theres no reason, for anyone to not earn double (what their lineup costs) per game!!

(Now I can get back to grindin evo's!)
Online daily
Old 11-06-2019, 12:48 PM   #14
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Nice find Plead!

I watched a YouTube video about contracts that made a lot of sense. It basically said that you should never use contract cards, at least up to Diamond. You can flip them on the market and purchase contracts with MT for far less than the contracts sell. That's really good to know.

[EDIT: I'm pretty sure this doesn't work with the higher-tiered players. I tried upping Ruby Dawkins' contracts this morning and it was around 2700 MT... far cheaper to buy a contract off the market.]

Also, I just found out about the lifetime Diamond contracts. There's no way they're worth it (around 40K on the market) unless you plan on using a certain player up to the release of 2K21, but at least they are there if you have tons of MT to blow and don't want to manage contracts.

Last edited by Turbojugend; 11-07-2019 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:13 AM   #15
Rookie

PleadtheFoe5th's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
Nice find Plead!

I watched a YouTube video about contracts that made a lot of sense. It basically said that you should never use contract cards, at least up to Diamond. You can flip them on the market and purchase contracts with MT for far less than the contracts sell. That's really good to know.

[EDIT: I'm pretty sure this doesn't work with the higher-tiered players. I tried upping Ruby Dawkins' contracts this morning and it was around 2700 MT... far cheaper to buy a contract off the market.]

Also, I just found out about the lifetime Diamond contracts. There's no way they're worth it (around 40K on the market) unless you plan on using a certain player up to the release of 2K21, but at least they are there if you have tons of MT to blow and don't want to manage contracts.

Yeah finding this way to get contracts, revived myteam for me!

2700 for ruby Dawkins? Do you mean 2,700mt to give your entire lineup 5 games? (I assume that's what you mean, an if so... that's a great deal!!)

As for the infinite contracts (they've definitely gone up in price! My friend was smart and bought some when they were around 25k ) I actually liked his strategy.... he bought 3 Infinit contracts.... put them on his 💠 mikan and 2 evo's that go to 💠 .... so now he has a triple threat offline team, that he can always grind with (and never worry about contracts for them)
Online daily
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2019, 11:49 AM   #16
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleadtheFoe5th
2700 for ruby Dawkins? Do you mean 2,700mt to give your entire lineup 5 games? (I assume that's what you mean, an if so... that's a great deal!!)
I'm pretty sure it was Dawkins alone. I chose his card and "Purchase Contracts".

EDIT: You were right Plead, it was for the entire lineup. That is really good.

In any case, this thread has definitely solved an ongoing MT issue for me, lots of great advice in here. The significance of card flipping and understanding the market cannot be overstated. I've now got four Diamonds and a Diamond coach, and my collector rating has soared. I've never even owned a single Diamond player in previous MTs, I always gave up on the mode early in.

Last edited by Turbojugend; 11-09-2019 at 09:33 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »