Home

NBA2K14 online - The Most Frustrating Game I Ever Played!

This is a discussion on NBA2K14 online - The Most Frustrating Game I Ever Played! within the NBA 2K Basketball Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2014, 11:33 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
NBA2K14 online - The Most Frustrating Game I Ever Played!

There is just so many flaws in this game, it feels like an unfinished product...a last thought, last minute thrown in. I question if 2K ever test this online because if they did, they would have known. And if they did, they probably don't have time to fine-tuned it and had to rush it. What a shame. Here are the things i hated about this game:

1. In bounding the ball. I have to tap (count them) 5 or more freaking times just to get the ball in bound after the opponents scored. I can't do it quick? Why? Or to make matter worst, sometimes i had to wait for my teammate to finished the turnaround animation before he can pass me the ball lol. This is so stupid. My hair just about to be pulled...it's so damm frustrating. Look, if it's in the game, put it in the game. NBA teams scored and inbound right away to do a fastbreak all the time. Why can't this game do the same? Purposely disallowed it because there is flaw in the game? Exploitation? C'mon man, clean this up in the next version.

2. How many times do you see a through pass or icon pass right to your player without connecting them? Even though they're open and there is no pressure from the opponents guarding the dude i am about to pass the ball to. Seriously, this is a serious flaw...a major one. This is no difference than the long football passes that mysterious failed to connect 99% of the time.

3. The heavy use of animations for almost all part of the gameplay is one of the most frustrating part about this game. If I am guarding player A and went over to double player B, but as soon as I reach my hand to try to steal or something, why does it take forever to recover from the "REACHING ANIMATIONS"? As a result, player B will always ALWAYS get that wide open look. C'mon man, this ain't real. Why can't i commit a slight reach or fake reach-in and then went back quickly to cover player B? Again, this is not real true to real life NBA...so get rid of this crap please. It's so frustrating. It's not fun and it's true to life.

4. The layouts during game time. Please clean this up as well, I don't want to see pop up screens out of no where telling me how great certain player is compare to a legend. This prevent me to do things such as setting up strategies or substitution. You had to bypass that screen in order to do anything. Oh and once it's bypassed...oops it's game time now...there is NO TIME to select anything. Do 2K even play online? I mean all these layouts scores and standings are cools and all but can't you make it so that you don't prevent or interfere with the users ability to select or set up strategy or doing sub? That's the whole purpose of the game, to make it intuitive easy to use and fun to play. This game failed in almost all parts of it. I question whether 2K take priority of fun factor over simulation because it doesn't seem like it.

FINAL thoughts, one more thing I need to add: I feel ashamed for playing this game online. This is the ONLY game that does this to me because it violates my skills as a gamer. I consider myself a pretty good smart gamer. I feel it doesn't seem to dictate a user skills in the game due to the uncertainty of the gameplay. When i play online, I KNOW some of the players i play against on the other side are not very good players or even just a kid. And yet, the game allows them to be able to compete because it is heavily rely on computer assist and not much of human skills and I already notice this as I played on. Pretty shameful really. The uncertainty part of the gameplay that I mentioned above (such as heavy used of animations as game play) have violated so much of my skills as a gamer that i have to constantly fight with this freaking game and it's very frustrating. 2K needs to realize this and change the way they design their gameplay. I know for a fact that THIS is the ONLY basketball video game out there and there isn't much competition. Therefore, it automatically makes 2K game a success every single year by default. But that doesn't mean that this game is great. It simply means there isn't much competition. It didn't help EA sucks at their game too.

Last edited by reptilexcq; 04-18-2014 at 11:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2014, 04:48 PM   #2
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA2K14 online - The Most Frustrating Game I Ever Played!

This game is just a mess of heavy input lag, uncontrollable players, animations that always favour the offensive player and zero defense. It hardly matters if you know anything more about the game than to press turbo, A and X when appropriate.

When I play FIFA or NHL, I can actually steal bad passes. In NBA 2K, those passes to the paint go right through your defender, who in most cases go into a 2-5 second 'attempted steal' animation or a bumping animation to make way for the offensive player.

When I play FIFA or NHL, I can actually stay on my man if he doesn't make a surprising deke. In 2K, I can't even stop at where I want when there's no pressure, never mind move precisely when the opponent actually has the ball.

In FIFA or NHL, I can pressure the opponent. In NBA 2K, I will slide off my opponent and give him an open lane.

I could go on but you get my point. Now every game is a bad experience win or lose. It didn't used to be like this. Better stick to offline.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:06 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12

NBA2K has always been poor online?

Going back to previous generations?

NFL2K too?
Old 07-16-2014, 04:36 PM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0

Nba 2k14 Class Action Lawsuit. I had to post here because I can't make my own thread. I want to take steps to let them know we won't settle for a broken product. I can’t play online ever, without getting “A network error has occurred” Just the most basic online game I can’t play. I always say, well I'll wait for a patch. I've been waiting since last year. No matter what they do, it won't work. I'd be willing to bet that the modes where you can spend money work just fine. Blacktop, MyTeam. They don't take us seriously. Even if nothing comes of it, they need to know we're willing to take some action. After I see how many people are willing to be involved, we can have a discussion as to the attorney we will contact. 
Old 07-23-2014, 02:56 PM   #5
Rookie

CHarrington6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash41594
Nba 2k14 Class Action Lawsuit. I had to post here because I can't make my own thread. I want to take steps to let them know we won't settle for a broken product. I can’t play online ever, without getting “A network error has occurred” Just the most basic online game I can’t play. I always say, well I'll wait for a patch. I've been waiting since last year. No matter what they do, it won't work. I'd be willing to bet that the modes where you can spend money work just fine. Blacktop, MyTeam. They don't take us seriously. Even if nothing comes of it, they need to know we're willing to take some action. After I see how many people are willing to be involved, we can have a discussion as to the attorney we will contact. 

I can guarantee you that will not work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2014, 05:31 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash41594
you must live in California
Old 11-20-2015, 09:26 PM   #7
Just started!

∑강동건마≪Opyo01.CoM≫ 【오피요】 べ평택오피』평택건마∈오산건마

Old 11-22-2015, 04:31 AM   #8
Just started!

∑홍대오피≪Opyo01.CoM≫ 【오피요】 い평택건마ん분당건마こ신촌건마

∑홍대오피≪Opyo01.CoM≫ 【오피요】 い평택건마ん분당건마こ신촌건마 ∑홍대오피≪Opyo01.CoM≫ 【오피요】 い평택건마ん분당건마こ신촌건마 ∑홍대오피≪Opyo01.CoM≫ 【오피요】 い평택건마ん분당건마こ신촌건마 ∑홍대오피≪Opyo01.CoM≫ 【오피요】 い평택건마ん분당건마こ신촌건마 ∑홍대오피≪Opyo01.CoM≫ 【오피요】 い평택건마ん분당건마こ신촌건마

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Online »