Home

My Park/Jordan Rec. Center Experiences

This is a discussion on My Park/Jordan Rec. Center Experiences within the NBA 2K Basketball Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2014, 09:02 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 19
My Park/Jordan Rec. Center Experiences

Figured I'd throw this up as a place to talk about some of your experiences (good and bad) on the street courts or at the rec center.

I've been hit or miss with my athletic center on the street courts but finally got in some games today in the rec center. Winning 3 in a row and getting a double double (points/rebounds) in two of those three. Its crazy. How quickly you can rank up in those wins.

I went to the stage last night and won a game one the 4,500vc 2v2 court. We were down 9-3 and I was awful so I let the other guy just take over, he single handedly carried us to a victory.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2014, 09:25 PM   #2
All Star

Re: My Park/Jordan Rec. Center Experiences

The wait is long sometimes to get on at the rec center but it is well worth it in the overall style of play and the payout. I wish they would add the clock for those who are waiting for the next game so they know how long they can walk away from the console for if they want to do so.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCoffey
The wait is long sometimes to get on at the rec center but it is well worth it in the overall style of play and the payout. I wish they would add the clock for those who are waiting for the next game so they know how long they can walk away from the console for if they want to do so.

I wish they had that too. I always just guestimate with the score. If it's in the 50's, it's more than likely in the late 3rd-early 4th quarter unless it's a high scoring game or a blowout.

As for my experiences, I've posted some around the board but overall it's been a real fun experience in the JRC. I play alone so it can be hard to find a game and the right JRC with enough open courts and players that are in the same group. I asked this in the MyPark thread on the main 2K Basketball section but does anyone have any tips for raising rep? I put up a 14 point, 7 assist game and only got "fair" but we did lose the game so if that has something to do with it, it would make sense. I also leveled up to Pro 1...then went back down to halfway between rookie 3 and pro 1. I don't like that you can rank down, if you reached the rank you should stay there and the meter should just stay empty until you start to do better.

If I have a lot of time to play, I'll hit up the JRC. More shorter, I go with the Park. The Park isn't bad unless you face a team that chooses to cheese the game but the JRC is where it's at.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:58 AM   #4
All Star

Yea, I was shocked at how much rep a win gives compared to having good numbers in a loss.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:17 PM   #5
Rookie

Cwb917's Arena

OVR: 3

In case this isnt widely known I wanted to share. We have been having crazy input lag on offense playing in the rec center. Defense would be crystal clear and then the camera flipped (2k cam) and offense was very sluggish.

If you play on broadcast view the Jordan Rec Center is very smooth with no lag. I hate broadcast view but you do what you have to do to play a lag free game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 02:29 PM   #6
All Star

Nice, thanks for that. I'll have to give that a try next time I'm on.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:44 PM   #7
All Star

Wow, just had the worst game/connection ever. Got an F and dropped a rank. Turrible.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:28 PM   #8
Rookie

rickypro's Arena

OVR: 4

I have had great games in the rec center but it irritates me that you can have 5 guys on got next ready to go and stand there for 10 minutes and a squad come in at the last minute and get in the game and leave you out of luck. I can see it if one of the 5 random guys exits out but if all 5 are there and ready to go I think they should get the court.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Online »