Home

Online impression thread?

This is a discussion on Online impression thread? within the NBA 2K Basketball Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2015, 12:18 AM   #17
Rookie

Maccy46's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Online impression thread?

Played a few games and felt smooth. I like how they have tiers now and rewards us that use the lesser teams if we win but in saying that there's no penalty for those who constantly use tier 1 teams so it's kinda pointless and no incentive for people to use tier 2 and 3 teams

Sent from my HTC_0PCV2 using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2015, 02:34 PM   #18
Rookie

Played my first 3 online ranked games today. Enjoyed it a lot, on ball defense is way better in comparison with last year.

1st game: Atlanta Hawks - Chicago Bulls (me): Really nice game, won because of a great 10-0 run in the 4th quarter. Was the first time I was playing with a really, really fast PG and was able to blow past Teague. However, the home team played in WHITE SHIRTS, just as me. How the hell is that even possible, made the game very hard.

2nd game: Milwaukee Bucks (me) - Cleveland Cavaliers: Blowout game, he was just driving with LeBron James and Kyrie Irving mixed with some occasional dishes to Love for 3. After adjusting my defense he couldn't make a shot in the second half and raged in the 4th quarter.

3rd game: Golden State Warriors (me) - Golden State Warriors: Wanted to try out the Warriors Freelance motion, it was absolutely beautiful. Constant movement and played a complete different game in comparison with my opponent who was just chucking 3's with Curry/Thompson/Barnes/Green. After 50-20 he disconnected.

Conclusion, really enjoyed it. Personally I don't like MyTeam since basketball is a game of exploiting weaknesses of your opponent (which is really hard if your opponent has a lineup: CP3, Jordan, LeBron, Olajuwon, O'Neal). These Online Ranked games are refreshing after playing my main mode, MyLeague. Big thumbs up to 2K for adding a competitive aspect to Online Quick Games.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:36 PM   #19
Rookie

jcwkings's Arena

OVR: 4

Have played three online ranked games and overall it feels much smoother than last year. Playing on ball defense is very possible this year, even against the elite players(though still tough to keep guys like Harden, Curry, Kyrie in front of you, which is fair). Don't know if its the changes to the core gameplay or better overall connection/less lag(probably half and half). The worst part is still those hail marys rocket passes that are on the money, but they can be avoided for the most part if you are playing smart basketball. The cheese is for the most part gone, especially if they are using lower tier players, no more dribbling in traffic like a maniac holding down R2.

On a personal level the only thing I haven't come to grips with this year so far is the post game. I use the Kings and haven't been able to really dominate with Cousins on the block. At the same time I also admit the post game was way overpowered last year and I could consistently get 11-13 Fg's type games from Cousins by just feeding the post. Don't know if its the post game being nerfed or me just not wrapping my head around the new controls yet. BTW I run with the Kings almost exclusively, although I will probably change it up this year and go random, since most teams play very differently from what I have seen.

Game 1: Lakers vs Kings (loss)- This was a very sloppy game, this was actually the first full game I played of 2k16 and probably for my opponent also. A lot of turnovers from dribbling in traffic and not being able to get Boogie off were my downfalls here. Opponent was very sloppy too but hit a groove in the 3rd running pick and rolls with Russell and Hibbert/Randle that I couldn't figure out. Ultimately I figured out how to stop it and came back but fell just short losing by 4 pts. What I liked is that my defense was the reason for my comeback and even though I lost I was impressed I was able to stick around in a game I had no business winning and probably would have been blown out in in 2k15. My offense was that bad.

Game 2: Kings vs Heat (win)- After learning a lot from that first game and playing against CPU various times it was time to get back online and this game fared much better. Opponent played a very basic game, mainly sticking to Wade isolations, was pretty easily able to contain him with McLemore(who isn't even rated good defensively). Cousins fared much better here mainly using him in the high post to take Whiteside out of the paint. Rudy Gay was money from all over the court hitting midrange shots, some corner threes and some nice dunks on the break off of good defense. He stuck around for a while but game was decided by the end of the 3rd, easy 20 pt blowout.

Game 3: Kings vs Rockets (win)- My first meeting with a textbook cheeser from last year. This guy pretty much used Harden non stop every possesion, with an occasional Lawson pick and roll, but really nobody else on the court was a threat. I did a pretty decent job guarding Harden 1 on 1 with Mclemore and forcing him into the help of Cousins. Still Harden made some crazy runners and heavily contested close shots. This kept him in the game through three quarters as I rarely double cheesers because they tend to shoot their stars out of games by the 4th. Which is exactly what happen here, I also played Cauley-Stein and Cousins together in the 4th and combined with the fatigue and length of those boys, Harden was rendered useless. Stein had a sick block too hitting it off the glass leading to a breakaway dunk for Gay.

Last edited by jcwkings; 09-30-2015 at 11:38 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:38 AM   #20
Rookie

Coldbilly's Arena

My Online games have been Great!! Glad They have toned down tha three's except with GS I understand that tho but all in all tha game plays great. My Only beef with 2K16 Is why tha heck you can't see what color Jersey your opponent is Wearing!! I have played many games where me and person i am playing will wear white Jerseys Making tha game impossible to Play!! Thats my One nd only Gripe Besides that online 9.5/10 to me!!!
Old 10-01-2015, 09:50 AM   #21
Rookie

Coldbilly's Arena

And one more Thing out of 16games 8-8 i only use my Favorite team"Knicks" tha only teams i Faced so Far are GS,OKC , Cavs nd tha Spurs once!! That of sucks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 01:41 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 9

I like the game online as well but a big one again and again after offical release just as i thought it would be the servers gone bad again. It was all good and neat and i played like it's offline before offical release so you understand that their dedicated servers are not enough and so it lags when more people online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2015, 11:56 PM   #23
Rookie

Maccy46's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldbilly
And one more Thing out of 16games 8-8 i only use my Favorite team"Knicks" tha only teams i Faced so Far are GS,OKC , Cavs nd tha Spurs once!! That of sucks
That's my biggest issue with the game online. Using my Magic all I've played is Cavs, GSW, LAC and Spurs. There's a reward for us if we win great but there's no penalty for the guys using them when they lose to us tier 3 team users.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:23 PM   #24
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm not having too much issue this year with the delay/lag, but that may be because I upgraded my food to a higher tier. My biggest problem with the online gameplay is that I get losses when my opponent quits or lags out. These were two reasons that I only logged about 20 games online with 2k15. Really pisses me off that they are rewarding dudes who quit and/or pull the plug..

XBox One GT: rawdog805

Twitch: dufflebag_ran

Steam: rawdog805

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Online »