Home

2k Classic Team Draft League (PS4)

This is a discussion on 2k Classic Team Draft League (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2015, 01:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
2k Classic Team Draft League (PS4)

Hi all. I'm looking to put together an online league with all classic teams.

This league would replace all current teams with classic teams, generally the 80's to early 2000's version of their team. The handful of teams without classic teams would be replaced by teams with multiple classic rosters.

I would like to fill out this league as much as possible with mature gamers who enjoy playing simulation style, realistic basketball. I'm not going to set up specific restrictions on shooting 3's, running fast breaks, and playing on-ball defense, but if you are the type of player who likes to take 90% of your shots with 1 player, force 3's all game, play zone defense, trap constantly, and full court press the entire game, please move along. This is not the crowd I'm making a league for. If you are going to stop playing because you lost some games, don't play either.

I will be setting up a chat room for the league (recommendations for a good free one appreciated) to coordinate the draft and talk about the season. If multiple people complain about your play style, and I see a trend in your game stats, expect to be sent away. If no one enjoys playing against you, don't expect to be around long.

I intend to run 6 minute quarters on Superstar Simulation. I'm thinking a 29-58 game season with best of 3 playoffs. I don't want to aim too high and have people lose interest in a long season, so I am going to err on the side of caution with the first season in hopes of finding competent, reliable, and active players that can finish a short season.

The draft day and time is debatable, and I will do what I can to appeal to the majority. Drafts can take a while with a 30 team draft, but I would at least like as many people as possible to be able to pick a starting 5, and auto draft if they want to the rest of the way. I am in the US, Mountain Time, and to keep things consistent and not laggy, please be in the US.

Here is the set-up I have planned.

Atlantic
01 76ers
08 Celtics
95 Knicks
86 Celtics
00 Raptors

Central
85 Bucks
96 Bulls
90 Cavs
89 Pistons
04 Pistons

Southeast
86 Hawks
06 Heat
93 Hornets
95 Magic
91 Bulls

Southwest
00 Blazers
03 Mavs
08 Rockets
94 Rockets
98 Spurs

Northwest
98 Jazz
94 Nuggets
96 Sonics
04 T Wolves
91 Blazers

Pacific
07 Cavs
01 Lakers
87 Lakers
05 Suns
91 Warriors

Please send me a PM if interested with your PSN name, and if you have an idea on best form of communication to use for the league, that would be great. I would like to get as close to 30 players as possible before we start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2015, 01:34 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: 2k Classic Team Draft League (PS4)

I just read the *warning* about "off-site leagues" being advertised a little more thoroughly and still am not sure if this is a no no or not. Please delete if it is. I really am honestly not sure.
Old 10-17-2015, 01:41 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: 2k Classic Team Draft League (PS4)

I'm thinking this is against the rules, but don't see an option to delete the thread...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Online »