Home

Stop playing 2k pro mode with your <60 characters

This is a discussion on Stop playing 2k pro mode with your <60 characters within the NBA 2K Basketball Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2016, 08:59 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Stop playing 2k pro mode with your <60 characters

Every time some loser jumps into 2K pro mode with his < 60 my career player, it causes half his team to leave.

Build your players up before playing that mode. This isn't government assistance where everything get's handed to you in life, you actually need to build your player's level up instead of getting a hand out like you're use to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2016, 12:49 AM   #2
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

Re: Stop playing 2k pro mode with your <60 characters

As soon as the 60 overall gets a pass he'll chuck up a 3 and miss horribly causing his team to leave very early in the game. This has happened sooooo many times to me.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:38 AM   #3
Rookie

theman824's Arena

Yes this can be annoying.

At the other hand, there's these 90+ rated self-proclaimed super-studs that want to do it all by themselves and tend to destroy the game. I'm not sure which are worse.

And i have played with < 60 OVR guys that actually did pretty well and knew their limitations and just played solid basketball.

So i'm not sure if you can tie it to the OVR rating. There's just good and bad experiences all over the board, regarding the other player's OVR ratings.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:17 PM   #4
Pro

^^ YUP

I agree. You really can't tell much by overall.

I shudder equally whenever i see a 55-65 ovr or a 95+ show up. The former simply don't have the attributes, the latter are often (you can tell by the way they play) those guys who did the foul out thing before it was patched and/or the rookie/casual way to get badges.

Most of the 88 overalls are the ones who just bought vc and have no badges. Which isn't necessarily a problem but you can tell a lot of them have no basketball iq whatsoever. Then again, of course you see low iq players at every possible overall.

I wish i could just make 4 clones of myself to form a squad with. Too many "non-basketball" minds online. I don't see why it's that hard, just read the court. Pass to the open man, move when you're covered, get post position if you have a size advantage, PASS from the post when you're double/triple teamed, play defense, STOP doubling full court, make cuts to the basket, MOVE without the ball, set picks, box out, if a cutter has an open lane pass the ball BEFORE he's already at the basket, shoot when you're open don't wait 1-2 sec for your defender to catch up and then shoot, get back on transition defense and leave the off reb attempt to the center and whoever's closest to the basket, etc, etc. Basketball is so easy and surprisingly all of this works in pro am, unlike park and myteam.

Last edited by Lord Bonium; 01-23-2016 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:57 AM   #5
Just started!

Sorry to hijack this thread for my stupid questions. Is there anywhere a tutorial video or page where every aspect of ProAm is explained?
I'm having heaps of fun playing Walk-On games (even with the many problems) and I have built my player slowly from 55 to 80 rating.
But are there any statistics saved when I play only Walk-On games? If yes then where can I see them (PS4). If I enter through the main menu then it goes straight to the dressing room. If I enter through MyCareer then I also don't seem to find a place for statistics etc.
And how to join a team? Only via invites or can I apply somehow somewhere?

Again sorry for the noobish questions
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Online »