Home

Three and D 2K League(PS4)

This is a discussion on Three and D 2K League(PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Online
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2018, 05:11 PM   #1
MVP

Cavsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 5
Three and D 2K League(PS4)

We're recruiting for 2k19, we will be a sim league playing 29 game seasons for the cycle. After reading the rules, if you're interested DM me or post here and we'll go from there.

League Settings
29 game season
12 minute quarters
Sliders tbd

Player Positions
Players are allowed to play their primary and secondary positions.

Offense
The majority of your offense should be through playbooks. With 2k including freelance offenses for every team,it should make things easier for those not used to calling plays. Varying your play calling is important, do not just call plays for your best player.

Quick plays will be allowed, but should be varied. You shouldn't just quick play for one player.

Overall shot attempts should be realistic for players, the league average usually hovers around 17-19 for teams #1 option, Westbrook led the way with 21.

Teams can start a fast break after long defensive rebounds, turnovers,or after shots are blocked.

Your PG, SG, or SF should be the primary guys pushing the ball,*but there are some 4s who can push the pace, like Draymond Green, some SFs playing small ball 4, etc.

Defense

The majority of the game, you should be defending on the ball.

Some exceptions would be defending the pick and roll/pop, where you can defend it how you see fit, but would have to go back to defending the primary ball handler.

Pressure on defense

Defenders can press the primary handler full court if they want. Offensive player will be allowed to push the pace in this instance.

Trapping should be a change of defense tactic, you shouldn't trap teams defensively for long stretches of the game. Even if you are down big in the 4th, trapping should not be your go to tactic defensively.

Double teams are allowed, but like trapping should not be used for long stretches.

Zone Defense
We rarely see it used much nowadays, especially with the switch defense that has gotten more popular. Like trapping and doubling, use it sparingly to give the opposing offense a different look.

Rebounding

You can only user rebound as the player you are currently controlling on defense.

Rotations

Use your benches to spell your starters throughout the game. Typically regular season, guys play around 33-37 minutes as starters. During the playoffs, naturally rotations shorten and guys play more minutes. Players shouldn't be playing the majority of the game though. Overtime will be taken into account as well.

Rosters
We use a custom roster with the goal of a more balanced, consistent, scaled and true experience than that of 2k's roster as well as correcting some minor gameplay flaws that would otherwise require slider adjustments.
The roster was rerated top to bottom according to the 2017-2018 season. Rookies were tweaked but not overhauled from 2k's ratings. Besides ratings, user vs user relevant tendencies (i.e. spot up/cut, block, etc), badges, contracts, potential, peak start and end ages, CAPs, positions, play initiator, and more were all redone. Also included are custom contract and progression sliders to provide the most realistic offseason possible.
Updates will be made here and there throughout season 1 to reflect the real life NBA. In season 2 ratings will be locked once progression kicks in.
We also use custom draft classes by the same roster creator. 2019 will include the 40 real life prospects from Infamous's draft class as well as 35 fictional prospects made to fit in with the rest of the league. I.e. no more cavemen from Colgate with headbands and 56 speed and 92 acceleration! 2020 and beyond will feature original full 75 man fictional classes.
Draft
To add to the intrigue in the rookie classes, before the season starts, we will have a random lottery to determine a handful of break out players from "summer league and preseason." Unfortunately MLO does not allow for 2 way contracts, but it still might be worth hanging onto those 2 round picks and taking a look at undrafted free agents with our system.

Free agent/Waivers
All releases and signings need to be told to myself or Miike

Pauses/Timeouts
This will an adjustment for everyone, but try to keep pauses at a minimum in game. You can game plan and set adjustments before your games, use pauses to make quick adjustments or if you need a minute for real life situations. Use your timeouts to make major adjustments like substitutions or gameplan changes

Overtime Rules

Are the exact same as regulation rules except one thing, it’s OK to go over the shot limit.
However that does not mean that your best player gets free reign on shot attempts. You still need to run an offense.

Trades

3 trades in season(Star players(88 Ovr+) will be tougher to move mid season.

5(including one draft day deal) trades in the off-season. Stars can be moved at any time.

Draft Picks

Protections will be reviewed on a case by case basis. You will also be limited to 2 draft protections a season(preseason to next preseason).

Scheduling

Flex Scheduling, playing a minimum of 2 games a week or maximum of 3.

Playoff scheduling
We are doing best of 3 series.

Scheduling games

Contact teams via Discord, PSN, OS, as well as the scheduling threads.

Include the days and times you can play, be specific as possible. Please don’t say you will be available all day, night, etc. Give out times that work and go from there.

League Punishment

Quitting a game is automatic removal unless there is a reason why, such as an emergency.

If so, both parties would have to agree to reschedule their game within 24-36 hours.

If the game is a blowout for either side, we can force win that game.

We would have to make sure this can't become a common theme, especially if it happens during blowouts.

If you have a problem with your opponent, do not tell a commish first, contact your opponent either through discordor PSN. Let them know that you have an issue with what they did and it's against the rules.

If it continues throughout the game, contact a commish and let them know the situation.

3 Strikes and you're out

We want this to be a great OS league that represents basketball. If you're interested, message us and we'll go from there! We currently have 15 members ready for 2k19.

Last edited by Cavsfan4life; 10-30-2018 at 01:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2018, 07:15 PM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Three and D 2K League(PS4)

I'm starting a league as well.. our rules are almost identical to yours besides quarter length..

Our league has a cash prize of 200$ for the champion each season.. its free 2 play in as well!

in addition to that.. we also have big goals of turning it into a whole nba 2k universe.

I will elaborate on that more if you're willing to talk, but it essentially means utilizing the ridiculous control NBA2k19 Online my league will give us this year.. (running a college teams league, a drew league tourney, a classic teams league, fantasy draft league, fiba world cup, etc..)

we plan to have a fully functional professional website after a few successful seasons of running the NBA online my league for a few seasons. From there we can add on these other things to our "universe" this is truly something that we believe will be revolutionary.. it could be something huge for basketball gaming.. I hope you andd your crew would want to be apart of it.. (could even possibly provide profitable side hustles in the long run for those willing to help out as staff)

Chat with me more on discord if u want: BIGWAVY1856
Old 08-12-2018, 01:08 PM   #3
MVP

Cavsfan4life's Arena

We just want to make our own league, please post elsewhere and don't clutter up this thread.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:32 AM   #4
MVP

Cavsfan4life's Arena

We are sitting at 18 teams currently. Please continue to dm me if you have any questions.
Old 08-20-2018, 11:23 AM   #5
MVP

Cavsfan4life's Arena

Up to 20 with a few solid rebuild teams as well as contenders available.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2018, 07:31 PM   #6
MVP

bateman11's Arena

OVR: 14

Pm’d

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-23-2018, 12:29 PM   #7
MVP

Cavsfan4life's Arena

8 teams remaining, look at the rules and PM me if you want to join!
Old 08-23-2018, 02:32 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Very interested in the league but new to the site and it won't let me private message.

PSN is t8nts_Windchill

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Online »