Home

Old 11-28-2020, 08:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Defensive settings in MLO

I'm in a MLO that doesn't allow switching to an offball defender unless guarding the PnR and doesn't allow zone. I have tried all kinds of variations of the defensive settings and can't seem to find any good ones. I'm not the best at staying infront of the ball handler so looking for a little help in the paint so i don't have to give up sp much room to guard the passing lanes then get beat by the 3. Any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2020, 04:41 PM   #2
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Defensive settings in MLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AphillyatedProcess
I'm in a MLO that doesn't allow switching to an offball defender unless guarding the PnR and doesn't allow zone. I have tried all kinds of variations of the defensive settings and can't seem to find any good ones. I'm not the best at staying infront of the ball handler so looking for a little help in the paint so i don't have to give up sp much room to guard the passing lanes then get beat by the 3. Any ideas?
The defensive settings donít work well. Hopefully, Czar patches this. My advice is to always gap 3 of the 5 players off ball. If you have some long and athletic defenders you should be able to recover to get a good contest on 3s most of the time. Additionally, use that help defense button (L1). That will bring a defender over to stand in help position. They added it this year, its an option to use.

I avoid 100 on ball leagues for the same reason. The defensive AI is horrible, and always guarding the ball is above my pay grade. Hope this helps.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 12-01-2020, 07:22 AM   #3
Rookie

So you're saying do the individual settings per defensive player and the 3 that are worst at shooting gap them essentially? I use L1 plenty thats for sure I have been doing decent using tight and tight catch hedge no in stay attached switch guards and help on screens but not drives but still having a tough go since I'm not a good shooter either but i will definitely try these recommendations thank you.
Old 12-01-2020, 09:18 AM   #4
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AphillyatedProcess
So you're saying do the individual settings per defensive player and the 3 that are worst at shooting gap them essentially? I use L1 plenty thats for sure I have been doing decent using tight and tight catch hedge no in stay attached switch guards and help on screens but not drives but still having a tough go since I'm not a good shooter either but i will definitely try these recommendations thank you.
Yes you have to gap 2 to 3 people otherwise the court has to many driving lanes.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 12-12-2020, 08:23 PM   #5
Rookie

I feel like I do better personally when I use these settings but the game comparison says otherwise lol. Guys routinely shooting 60% on me in a league with the toughest sliders I ever used.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2020, 11:05 AM   #6
Rookie

TyreeCreates's Arena

Its definitely broken

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Online »