Home

Custom Roster Question

This is a discussion on Custom Roster Question within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2022, 12:22 AM   #1
Pro

ZakMarcin's Arena

OVR: 0
Custom Roster Question

Sup guys, just trying to do some planning for 2K23. Does anyone know of any way to trade picks via custom roster? I’ve thought about scenarios, but not sure how that would work as I’m constantly updating my roster.

I tend to start working on a roster post trade deadline every year so picks are at least updated to that point. It’s also why I typically release an offseason roster, but I’d like to try starting way earlier and have a public roster out all year round.

Problem is, I’d like teams to have all the picks they’re supposed to. Has anyone solved this? Or is there still no way? I can’t afford the time to do multiple rosters as in-depth as I go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2022, 01:37 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Custom Roster Question

sucks that 2k STILL has no implemented draft pick trading into roster creation.

only was to do this I think would be to import your roster into a franchise file and do the draft pick trades there. then share the franchise file (i think this is a thing?)
Old 08-05-2022, 01:42 PM   #3
Pro

ZakMarcin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckfoston824
sucks that 2k STILL has no implemented draft pick trading into roster creation.

only was to do this I think would be to import your roster into a franchise file and do the draft pick trades there. then share the franchise file (i think this is a thing?)

Fr. Problem with that is I update my roster so frequently that the file would get outdated fast. I bet you this isn’t even on their radar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2022, 05:53 PM   #4
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZakMarcin
Fr. Problem with that is I update my roster so frequently that the file would get outdated fast. I bet you this isn’t even on their radar.

Just continue to update the roster in MyNBA instead of in the roster creation file. Then continuously update the scenario as you update the roster.
Old 08-06-2022, 12:53 AM   #5
Pro

ZakMarcin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleachercreature22
Just continue to update the roster in MyNBA instead of in the roster creation file. Then continuously update the scenario as you update the roster.

that helps the trading picks part, but then presents an issue when I’m trying to simulate the offseason and I can’t freely release players without it counting towards the team’s cap, puts them on waivers, etc.

just tried to do the Rudy Gobert trade as well, and you can’t even add all the players and picks for a big trade like that. ran into the problems I mentioned trying to release and move the extra players without forfeiting assets. seems like there will always be a catch

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »