Home

NBA 2K23 My Era Mode Rosters | Draft Classes | XvClutchOz

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 My Era Mode Rosters | Draft Classes | XvClutchOz within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2022, 03:45 PM   #33
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA 2K23 My Era Mode Rosters | Draft Classes | XvClutchOz

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbroke
It had been years since I had purchased a NBA game, but this one pulled me in. Without any knowledge I got it on my Xbox without realizing that it wouldn't have as much community support. Now seeing all the fine work Clutch and others are going to be doing, I double dipped and bought it on the PS5. Hated dropping $70 twice, but gonna be worth it in the end.
I was debating on which to get myself. I prob will get it for xbox down the road so i can upload my sliders onto them as well

working on something special this year
Old 09-13-2022, 01:32 AM   #34
MVP

Clutch0z's Arena

OVR: 0

91-92 Cleveland Cavaliers

-Fixed Shoes
-Fixed Contracts
-Fixed Accessories
-All Missing Players Added
-Fixed Sig Shots
-Fixed Coaches

Old 09-13-2022, 03:26 AM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbroke
It had been years since I had purchased a NBA game, but this one pulled me in. Without any knowledge I got it on my Xbox without realizing that it wouldn't have as much community support. Now seeing all the fine work Clutch and others are going to be doing, I double dipped and bought it on the PS5. Hated dropping $70 twice, but gonna be worth it in the end.
My best friend ask me why buy on PS5 when everyone in my circle got a Xbox. Because of this reason alone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2022, 06:58 AM   #36
MVP

Clutch0z's Arena

91-92 Warriors Complete

-Sig Shot Fixes
-Accessories Fixed
-Shoes Fixed
-All Missing Players Added

Old 09-13-2022, 08:08 AM   #37
Rookie

Nah
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsc025
You should set the rosters to what they were at the start of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Sent from my SM-G981U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-13-2022, 08:21 AM   #38
Rookie

A lot of the changes in gameplay you would be hopeful for can come from some changes on sliders.

For those corrections and ELITE Simulation play I'd recommend "THE POPBOY." I've tried so many sliders. schnaidt's is also solid.

Popboy doesn't create rosters, he changes how the game plays by the way players react and it's spot on for simulation.

Pipboy can manipulate the game to a level where it does look and react near identical to real basketball. Watch some of his videos showing how he changes what defenders do. It's pretty epic what his changes make the game look like.

I use POPBOY PRO and POPBOY ALLSTAR. He has settings in every 2K game practically made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspire21
I ask this in the nicest way. Not being ungrateful because I know from experience that this is a ton of work.

You’ve been very generous with handing out higher tier badge levels for the historical rosters. With gameplay being unique for each era in terms of where the defense will pick you up, how a defense defends the p&r and offensive tendencies is there any chance those things will be toned down? For example Larry Bird should not have any HOF or even Gold 3pt shooting badges because it will drastically inflate his in-game numbers for users because of the way defenses sag off. Same for the 90’s era and even 00’s era. The defenses sag way off of the 3pt line and I’m afraid that as a user if I’m using a perceived shooter and they have high badges that those players will be OP.

Again, asking this out of concern. Not in a rude way. Thanks as always for the effort. I use your rosters yearly.
Old 09-13-2022, 08:35 AM   #39
Rookie

This is solid as if you notice when you take badges away or add them it changes player ratings. That's because badges are simply a representation of the numbers attached to them. Hypothetically, Instead of you seeing a +5 rating for rebounding by adding a badge to a player with an 85 rebound, it would still say 85 but having the badge really would make it something closer to a 90.

Start taking the badges away and it takes away animations tied to them and suddenly players aren't even doing moves they used to in real life. Instead you made them some generic roster player that does absolutely nothing animation wise that the real life counterpart did.

I have played rosters built for lure simulation as real as you can get it, they remove all badges pretty much and only elite defenders get clamps...usually bronze level. The players have their verticals reduced etc. Dunking barely happens... It looks more like NHL hockey at times with the contact. You can barely move without being rubbed.

In short it sucks, the whole thinking taking badges away one might as well rephrase it to "Hey, I have a great idea, how about we delete most of the animations in the game so all the players pretty much do the same thing?"

Leave the badges in for sure or this roster will be horrific.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch0z
If you want me to be honest with you i usually leave the badges the same that 2k made them but what i do is i usually add Playmaking badges to alot of the guys....Like ill put "Handles for days", Combo Dribbles. Quick First step" for Guards or SFs so when using the player they do not feel like they are walking in mud or slow af to dribble past anyone....

But if the badges really make a player OP i will look into that and see how i can fix this after the roster is fully complete and i have time to edit details with testing out gameplay....Thanks for the heads up though man.
Old 09-13-2022, 08:45 AM   #40
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16

ClutchOz I'm so incredibly excited for these rosters man. Thank you for all your hard work! Holding off on starting my Jordan era MyNBA until the roster and draft class is done. Rosters are looking mint so far!

Sent from my SM-S908E using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »