Home

My "MyGM Ready" Roster

This is a discussion on My "MyGM Ready" Roster within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2013, 05:27 AM   #1
Pro

skow05's Arena

OVR: 9
My "MyGM Ready" Roster

Hey guys -

So I spent some time editing 2k's base roster to use for MyGM. My hopes with these are to push the CPU in the right direction in terms of setting up rotations. And maybe they will help out with CPU trades and personnel decisions as well.

The main thing I was going for, since the CPU usually sets the rotation up based on overall ratings, was to make sure the depth chart of the actual NBA team matched how the players were rated on the roster. I also went through and did some shot tendency/touches and player role edits. I did not touch rotations for the most part, mainly because I edited rosters for 6-8 hours today and had an epiphany that it was idiotic to be spending my first PS4 hours inside of 2k's roster editing function.

Anyways, I just figured I might as well share in case someone else can squeeze some enjoyment out of them as well.

PSN: Skow
Roster Title: MyGM Ready

P.S. - I didn't create these with the sole intention of community consumption, so keep in mind that these are my own personal edits and you might not agree with every decision I made.

Edit: Well, I'm getting an error code every time I try to start a new MyGM with the further roster editing I completed. No issues starting one with the base 2k roster. So I guess my roster is corrupt. Yayyyyyy.

Cowboys

Knicks
PSN - Skow

Last edited by skow05; 11-16-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 06:03 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: My "MyGM Ready" Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by skow05
Hey guys -

So I spent some time editing 2k's base roster to use for MyGM. My hopes with these are to push the CPU in the right direction in terms of setting up rotations. And maybe they will help out with CPU trades and personnel decision as well.

The main thing I was going for, since the CPU usually sets the rotation up based on overall ratings, was to make sure the depth chart of the actual NBA team matched how the players were rated on the roster. I also went through and did some shot tendency/touches and player role edits. I did not touch rotations for the most part, mainly because I edited rosters for 6-8 hours today and had an epiphany that it was idiotic to be spending my first PS4 hours inside of 2k's roster editing function.

Anyways, I just figured I might as well share in case someone else can squeeze some enjoyment out of them as well.

PSN: Skow
Roster Title: MyGM Ready

P.S. - I didn't create these with the sole intention of community consumption, so keep in mind that these are my own personal edits and you might not agree with every decision I made.
Have u checked to see if the cpu resets rotations when in mygm. All previous versions would pretty much say "eff you" to your rotation edits. Like puttin ginobli and j terry in starting lineup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2013, 06:28 AM   #3
Pro

skow05's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsjones84
Have u checked to see if the cpu resets rotations when in mygm. All previous versions would pretty much say "eff you" to your rotation edits. Like puttin ginobli and j terry in starting lineup.

I just started my first go of "MyGM". I couldn't find a way to look at other teams rotations within the mode itself. But I'm starting a game vs the Bucks right now so I'll post back and let you know how their rotation played out.

Here's to hoping all that time spent editing wasn't a lost cause!

Cowboys

Knicks
PSN - Skow
Old 11-16-2013, 06:50 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
I just started my first go of "MyGM". I couldn't find a way to look at other teams rotations within the mode itself. But I'm starting a game vs the Bucks right now so I'll post back and let you know how their rotation played out.

Here's to hoping all that time spent editing wasn't a lost cause!
Alright. Thanks alot

Old 11-16-2013, 07:59 AM   #5
Pro

skow05's Arena

These were from a game I just played in MyGM:

Concerning on the Knicks side: (My substitutions were left on Auto and I hadn't touched the rotation once I entered the mode) J.R.'s lack of minutes. His role is listed as "Sixth Man", and in my roster he is 1 overall point higher than Shump. So the rotations stuck with the roles I had listed going into the mode, and didn't auto-populate J.R. as the starter. (Which is a good thing) That would have happened in Association's of past. This is a easy fix in my situation, since I'm controlling the Knicks, but kind of sucks knowing it didn't quite work as I had intended.

Concerning on the Bucks side: Nothing really. I just wish the minutes weren't allocated in such a top heavy manner, and that the CPU wouldn't be so insistent on playing the entire bench. I was really hoping that Wolters would get the bulk of the backup PG minutes and that Pachulia/Henson would have played more. But there's really no getting around that as far as I know.

General Concern: Melo had 4 fouls with 9:00 left in the 3rd Quarter and Woodson didn't bench him. From what I remember, the same issue was occurring for the PS3 version.

Cowboys

Knicks
PSN - Skow

Last edited by skow05; 11-16-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

rotations look like same flawed logic from past 2k where every team has the same coaching AI and give almost all starters around 34-35 minutes with a rare exception here and there.

In past 2k its like all the cpu teams have the same coach handing out all the minutes.

I also notice the same AI with 12 players getting minutes- 1 game, i know, but looks like they changed nothing with rotation AI

I would be interested to see the minutes from other teams/games and see how those minutes end up.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
These were from a game I just played in MyGM:

Concerning on the Knicks side: (My substitutions were left on Auto and I hadn't touched the rotation once I entered the mode) J.R.'s lack of minutes. His role is listed as "Sixth Man", and in my roster he is 1 overall point higher than Shump. So the rotations stuck with the roles I had listed going into the mode, and didn't auto-populate J.R. as the starter. (Which is a good thing) That would have happened in Association's of past. This is a easy fix in my situation, since I'm controlling the Knicks, but kind of sucks knowing it didn't quite work as I had intended.

Concerning on the Bucks side: Nothing really. I just wish the minutes weren't allocated in such a top heavy manner, and that the CPU wouldn't be so insistent on playing the entire bench. I was really hoping that Wolters would get the bulk of the backup PG minutes and that Pachulia/Henson would have played more. But there's really no getting around that as far as I know.

General Concern: Melo had 4 fouls with 9:00 left in the 3rd Quarter and Woodson didn't bench him. From what I remember, the same issue was occurring for the PS3 version.
Thanks for the post. May be playin a lot of exhibition games haha. Cant wait to check it out thursday night tho

Old 11-16-2013, 08:44 AM   #8
Pro

skow05's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamalam
rotations look like same flawed logic from past 2k where every team has the same coaching AI and give almost all starters around 34-35 minutes with a rare exception here and there.

In past 2k its like all the cpu teams have the same coach handing out all the minutes.

I also notice the same AI with 12 players getting minutes- 1 game, i know, but looks like they changed nothing with rotation AI

I would be interested to see the minutes from other teams/games and see how those minutes end up.
I simmed ahead a bit in a test MyGM and looked at the box scores. All starters are getting 33-38 minutes. The most bench minutes I saw in a simulated game was 20 by Ramon Sessions.

It is what it is, I did my best to make the mode enjoyable for myself. And I'll still have a blast with it. It's just a tad disappointing that the A.I. hasn't changed much when it comes to handling rotations. You'd think it would at least factor in the stamina rating. <--- Speaking of, If anyone wants to test that, I'd be gracious. I have to get a little bit of sleep so I don't zzzzz away the opportunity to play (erm...I mean edit rosters ) all day today.

Cowboys

Knicks
PSN - Skow

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »