Home

No "After-Draft" Rosters

This is a discussion on No "After-Draft" Rosters within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2014, 01:30 PM   #1
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
No "After-Draft" Rosters

One of my favorite things in the past was watching the draft, downloading a good roster with all the rookies and trades, and playing Association...

This year I'm even more excited because I'm a Sixers fan (obviously).

That being said, I assume no one's found a workaround for not being able to create players and add them into the roster? Right..
Doesn't hurt to ask even tho I'm pretty sure there's no way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2014, 02:38 PM   #2
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: No "After-Draft" Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
One of my favorite things in the past was watching the draft, downloading a good roster with all the rookies and trades, and playing Association...

This year I'm even more excited because I'm a Sixers fan (obviously).

That being said, I assume no one's found a workaround for not being able to create players and add them into the roster? Right..
Doesn't hurt to ask even tho I'm pretty sure there's no way.
You already know the answer. Smh
Old 06-26-2014, 07:36 PM   #3
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Check in the rosters forum instead.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 06-26-2014, 10:45 PM   #4
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24

The ONLY way I can come up with to be able to do this on NextGen is find look-a-likes from Europe and Classic teams, edit their height, weight, body type, ratings and all that, then place them onto teams.

They won't have their names...but if you turn off player names and commentary, and remember who is who...it would work.

I'm in the same boat. I have done the exact same thing since NBA2k8 and it almost looks like I am going to have to go back to PS3. Either PS3...or this.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:18 AM   #5
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
The ONLY way I can come up with to be able to do this on NextGen is find look-a-likes from Europe and Classic teams, edit their height, weight, body type, ratings and all that, then place them onto teams.

They won't have their names...but if you turn off player names and commentary, and remember who is who...it would work.

I'm in the same boat. I have done the exact same thing since NBA2k8 and it almost looks like I am going to have to go back to PS3. Either PS3...or this.
Why task urself with something so trivial? 2k15 will be out in no time, just builds up the anticipation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2014, 09:36 AM   #6
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Why task urself with something so trivial? 2k15 will be out in no time, just builds up the anticipation.
My thoughts exactly.

I made a seperate thread for this idea, spent a little time doing it....then decided it wasn't worth it.

Ps3 here I come until 2k or Live 15.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:44 AM   #7
MVP

hoopla32's Arena

OVR: 12

So is there going to be CAPs in 2K15 for sure? This is the type of thing that makes me mad about selling my PS3 when I bought my PS4. Aside from some "distraction" type games, 2K is a game I generally play year round. And, like most of you, I really enjoy the freshness of a new summer Association after finding a good roster on 2K Share that has all the rookies on their correct teams. Heck, even if I couldn't do that I could just start an Association with 30 team control and draft all the rookies to their correct team. It's ridiculous that on a next gen console neither of these (CAPs and/or 30 team control) are options.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:10 PM   #8
Rookie

juduking's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopla32
So is there going to be CAPs in 2K15 for sure? This is the type of thing that makes me mad about selling my PS3 when I bought my PS4. Aside from some "distraction" type games, 2K is a game I generally play year round. And, like most of you, I really enjoy the freshness of a new summer Association after finding a good roster on 2K Share that has all the rookies on their correct teams. Heck, even if I couldn't do that I could just start an Association with 30 team control and draft all the rookies to their correct team. It's ridiculous that on a next gen console neither of these (CAPs and/or 30 team control) are options.
Your best bet is to grab the PC version fairly cheaply if you want the best rookies with their faces and proper bio. Complaining about something we can't change will get us nowhere fast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »