Home

RapboY's 2015 Draft Class and CAPs (PS4)

This is a discussion on RapboY's 2015 Draft Class and CAPs (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2014, 12:42 PM   #41
Pro

Zane3490's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: RapboY's 2015 Draft Class and CAPs (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
ElPanandero, I appreciate you putting in work and uploading a draft class already.
I was just curious what you based the ratings on though as they don't seem to align with Draft Express's rankings that well. Or is there a combo of rating and potential that makes the in game mock drafts rank the prospects in alignment with real world Draft Express rankings/mock drafts?

ElPanandero, why don't you start your own thread for YOUR draft classes not advertising them on rapboys that way people can ask you questions there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
ElPanandero, I appreciate you putting in work and uploading a draft class already.
I was just curious what you based the ratings on though as they don't seem to align with Draft Express's rankings that well. Or is there a combo of rating and potential that makes the in game mock drafts rank the prospects in alignment with real world Draft Express rankings/mock drafts?
Uh I based a lot of it on my previous experience, because I follow drafts pretty closely, and a lot were based off what I read/watched last year, which isn't totally accurate I know, I used ESPN's board because they updated like last week with new analyses, and others were based off what skills they actually have. For example, Cliff Alexander is rated high, but in real life he has very few offensive skills, and fewer that will translate, in my opinion, to the NBA. So I made him a low rating, with a high ceiling because he's high on boards for his potential. Guys like Stanley and Justice are very limited offensively, but are tremendous defenders, so they fall a little but in rating because of how inflated offensive stats are. Jahlil is NBA ready now, hence the 80's rating, but his cieling is fairly low, he's gonna be a good not great player without a whole lot of room to improve, so he's high rating, low potential. Guys like Kelly Oubre are high on boards, but aren't refined yet, so they take a slight hit. Since they haven't even begun college yet, a lot of reports are based on how well they'll do in college not nessecerily NBA, so I did a little personal projection of how they'll adapt to college, then NBA.

Some are personal preferences, like Ron Baker.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:45 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane3490
ElPanandero, why don't you start your own thread for YOUR draft classes not advertising them on rapboys that way people can ask you questions there.
Fair enough, I don't really think mine are that good, I just figured I'd share them with Rapboy as sort of something to bounce them off, and something for people waiting for Rapboys to play with in the mean time. I don't see mine as long term ones, but something to tide everyone over while Rapboy does his, but I see your point.

My bad for jacking your thread Rapboy. I'll refrain from discussing them here. PM with questions I guess guys.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:20 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
I noticed in your class that Ilimane Diop has his name spelled 'Doip.' I know this is this because Diop gets flagged for inappropriate language BUT Ilimane Diop is actually already in the game. He is rated a 57 and plays for one of the Euroleague teams. Maybe he can just be put on free agency and taken out of the draft class if his proper name can't be implemented that way.

EDIT: It's a weird name to flag seeing as there is already Desagna Diop in the NBA and the euroleague player.
Yeah that's quite a problem. I have mine spelled Ilimane Diiop. That's my work around for now. Oh and since we're on the subject, I had to change Rondae Hollis-Jefferson's last name to Holis-Jefferson because it doesn't fit. What's weird is that 2K lets you input Hollis-Jefferson, but when you go to the menu it will become Hollis-Jefferso.

2K just likes to mess with us.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:28 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane3490
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPanandero
Fair enough, I don't really think mine are that good, I just figured I'd share them with Rapboy as sort of something to bounce them off, and something for people waiting for Rapboys to play with in the mean time. I don't see mine as long term ones, but something to tide everyone over while Rapboy does his, but I see your point.

My bad for jacking your thread Rapboy. I'll refrain from discussing them here. PM with questions I guess guys.
Thanks Zane, though I really didn't mind at all. And I know ElPanandero is just trying to help lol. But yeah, I think it would be better if you just make your own thread as it might get confusing for others.

Last edited by RapboY; 10-20-2014 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Mistakenly quoted myself instead of editing post :(
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2014, 02:10 PM   #46
Pro

Zane3490's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapboY
Thanks Zane, though I really didn't mind at all. And I know ElPanandero is just trying to help lol. But yeah, I think it would be better if you just make your own thread as it might get confusing for others.

Yeah. I wasn't trying to be a jerk, sorry! I just think it'd be easier and then he can get some movement on his too.

I've actually been using those!

Sorry man, I just can't stand hijacking threads. My apologies.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:23 PM   #47
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPanandero
Uh I based a lot of it on my previous experience, because I follow drafts pretty closely, and a lot were based off what I read/watched last year, which isn't totally accurate I know, I used ESPN's board because they updated like last week with new analyses, and others were based off what skills they actually have. For example, Cliff Alexander is rated high, but in real life he has very few offensive skills, and fewer that will translate, in my opinion, to the NBA. So I made him a low rating, with a high ceiling because he's high on boards for his potential. Guys like Stanley and Justice are very limited offensively, but are tremendous defenders, so they fall a little but in rating because of how inflated offensive stats are. Jahlil is NBA ready now, hence the 80's rating, but his cieling is fairly low, he's gonna be a good not great player without a whole lot of room to improve, so he's high rating, low potential. Guys like Kelly Oubre are high on boards, but aren't refined yet, so they take a slight hit. Since they haven't even begun college yet, a lot of reports are based on how well they'll do in college not nessecerily NBA, so I did a little personal projection of how they'll adapt to college, then NBA.

Some are personal preferences, like Ron Baker.
Thats cool. The reasoning makes sense. I was just asking to try and figure out what the base is. Good job too. Its a ton of work getting all those prospects rated that quickly.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 10-20-2014, 06:28 PM   #48
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapboY
Yeah that's quite a problem. I have mine spelled Ilimane Diiop. That's my work around for now. Oh and since we're on the subject, I had to change Rondae Hollis-Jefferson's last name to Holis-Jefferson because it doesn't fit. What's weird is that 2K lets you input Hollis-Jefferson, but when you go to the menu it will become Hollis-Jefferso.

2K just likes to mess with us.
Yea I def noticed the Rondae thing as well. Maybe you can just use one of his names? I personally changed it to Rondae Hollis.

"Diiop" isn't a bad work around. You can also put an ' symbol and make it "D'iop" maybe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »