Home

PSA: Important Roster Update Coming 10/10 1AM Pacific

This is a discussion on PSA: Important Roster Update Coming 10/10 1AM Pacific within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 01:33 PM   #1
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13
PSA: Important Roster Update Coming 10/10 1AM Pacific

Just wanted to let everyone know that I highly recommend basing your custom rosters and draft classes on the official update scheduled to come through Friday, October 10th, 1AM Pacific.

Two issues were reported by the community that we fixed as soon as possible:
- The draft pick assignment needed to be corrected and updated.
- Generated players had the same play-types and play initiator setting independent of position and player type.

Any rosters, draft classes and gamemode saves started using the official update scheduled for release tonight should have both of those fixes. Unfortunately, we can't fix existing rosters, draft classes and saves retroactively.

You can keep an offline copy of the official roster update (as well as any roster) by going to Options > Roster Creator > Create Roster, selecting it, and giving it a name to be saved locally with.

I also recommend you create and save locally a base draft class based on tonight's roster update, so that you can make sure that when you create a draft class in the future, it has the generated players fixes mentioned. Once you save that base draft class, you can use it as a base for a new draft class by choosing it after selecting "Create Draft Class". That will create a new copy that you can customize and save separately.
Novato, CA, USA

Last edited by Leftos; 10-09-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PSA: Important Roster Update Coming 10/10 1AM Pacific

I thought this happened already? Did i miss something?
Old 10-09-2014, 02:18 PM   #3
Rookie

Quick question: will some generated players have headbands after the update? It looks as though some players were designed to have them, and have an invisible headband line through their hair instead. I know headband editing might be unfeasible, but was curious about this.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:18 PM   #4

The draft pick assignments are fixed in the roster update currently live, but the play-type fixes didn't make it in time, so they'll be in the roster that goes live tonight at 1AM.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 10-09-2014, 02:19 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
The draft pick assignments are fixed in the roster update currently live, but the play-type fixes didn't make it in time, so they'll be in the roster that goes live tonight at 1AM.
Thanks for the clarification
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 05:52 PM   #6
Pro

Little confused about the draft class part I thought that only effected cpu generated drafts not the custom ones because we change the play types our selves?
Old 10-09-2014, 05:55 PM   #7

Of course. You can go in and edit all the play types and this wouldn't affect you. This fix will affect auto-generated draft classes, which act as a base for custom ones too. If the play-types make sense in the generated class, less work for a custom class, and no fixes needed for people that use auto-generated ones.

If you're one of the people that goes in and edits all 150 players' play-types, you're good already.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 10-09-2014, 06:47 PM   #8
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Just wanted to let everyone know that I highly recommend basing your custom rosters and draft classes on the official update scheduled to come through Friday, October 10th, 1AM Pacific.

Two issues were reported by the community that we fixed as soon as possible:
- The draft pick assignment needed to be corrected and updated.
- Generated players had the same play-types and play initiator setting independent of position and player type.

Any rosters, draft classes and gamemode saves started using the official update scheduled for release tonight should have both of those fixes. Unfortunately, we can't fix existing rosters, draft classes and saves retroactively.

You can keep an offline copy of the official roster update (as well as any roster) by going to Options > Roster Creator > Create Roster, selecting it, and giving it a name to be saved locally with.

I also recommend you create and save locally a base draft class based on tonight's roster update, so that you can make sure that when you create a draft class in the future, it has the generated players fixes mentioned. Once you save that base draft class, you can use it as a base for a new draft class by choosing it after selecting "Create Draft Class". That will create a new copy that you can customize and save separately.
Any updates on the Euroleague rosters? I enjoy playing with them and I am planning on starting a Euro MyLeague. If no updates are coming I will just start now with what I have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »