Home

2015 PS4 Draft Class (71 Prospects)

This is a discussion on 2015 PS4 Draft Class (71 Prospects) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2014, 10:52 AM   #33
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2015 PS4 Draft Class (71 Prospects)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBlom13
I'm looking to make a big list of all the draft classes we can use on PS4 here -- http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sses-list.html -- Let me know if I have your permission to add your class(es) to the list.

thanks!
Cool idea. Sure thing
Old 10-27-2014, 10:54 AM   #34
Rookie

BBlom13's Arena

OVR: 3

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Follow my Twitter! @thatBeebo

PSN- WindyCityFlyerr
Old 10-27-2014, 12:28 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 2

dwayne, check your private messages my friend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 01:50 PM   #36
Rookie

Fruit Pastilles's Arena

Thanks, man. Finally gonna start MyGM with the Celtics and I'll be using your draft class.

If you're making a 2016 draft class, will you be including Thon Maker?
Old 10-27-2014, 07:10 PM   #37
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Pastilles
Thanks, man. Finally gonna start MyGM with the Celtics and I'll be using your draft class.

If you're making a 2016 draft class, will you be including Thon Maker?
Really Thon Maker and Dennis Smith Jr. are the only people who I've researched from a potential 2016 class that excite me atm.

Also TBH I think Marcus Lee from Kentucky will be a 2016 lottery pick instead of 2nd round late 1st round project pick this year. He won't get any minutes behind Karl Towns, Willie Cauley, Trey Lyles, or Dakari Johnson unless one of them get injured and he's only a sophomore. I personally just wanted him in my class though.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:29 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
I've noticed something very interesting after going through 2 test drafts (one in MyLeague and one in MyGM)

It seems as though the game tries to throw draft class curve balls.

The leader in the combine sprint and vertical tests were 56 or lower rated players who have sub 60 ratings in speed quickness and vertical.

The draft mind-set was great aside from Philadelphia drafting horribly In my MyGM Philly drafted Trey Lyles, Jarrell Martin, Krstaps Porzingas, and Montrezl Harrell with their 4 first round picks. All of those guys are Power Forwards. Trey Lyles, who is rated in the middle of the pack around a 73 in my draft class mysteriously had a 76 rating after Philly took him with the 4th overall pick.

There was plenty of draft day deals happenning and most of them were very sensible.

1 Minny - Emmanuel Mudiay
2 Orlando - Kelly Oubre
3 DC - Cliff Alexander
4 Philly - Trey Lyles
5 Bucks - Jahlil Okafor
6 Philly - Kristaps Porzingas
7 (I forget as I don't have the game in front of me right now)
8 Boston - Karl Towns

All in all it was fun and interesting how the game handled the draft.
Part of the Philly thing is what I believe to be a lack in how previously selected draft prospects are factored into the roster.

So essentially what's happening (I believe) is the computer runs whatever tests it does that tells it that they really need a power forward so they select Trey Lyles, then when it gets to its next pick it runs the same tests internally, but doesn't factor in Trey, so they pop out an identical need at PF and so on and so on. Teams don't account for the player they drafted, likely because they don't show up on the roster until a contract is technically signed which is post draft.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:23 PM   #39
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPanandero
Part of the Philly thing is what I believe to be a lack in how previously selected draft prospects are factored into the roster.

So essentially what's happening (I believe) is the computer runs whatever tests it does that tells it that they really need a power forward so they select Trey Lyles, then when it gets to its next pick it runs the same tests internally, but doesn't factor in Trey, so they pop out an identical need at PF and so on and so on. Teams don't account for the player they drafted, likely because they don't show up on the roster until a contract is technically signed which is post draft.
That makes a lot of sense. I think it's only this way for teams with multiple first round picks and only 1 major hole though, because with the 1st pick in the 2nd round they did FINALLY select a 2 guard.

I'm going to test the logic this weekend when I'm back home (unless someone wants to test it before that for us). I want to take a team and give them one obvious hole and 3 first round picks. Then take another team and give them TWO obvious holes at different positions and give them multiple first rounders. The point is to see if this is an isolated thing or if it's the norm.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:13 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
That makes a lot of sense. I think it's only this way for teams with multiple first round picks and only 1 major hole though, because with the 1st pick in the 2nd round they did FINALLY select a 2 guard.

I'm going to test the logic this weekend when I'm back home (unless someone wants to test it before that for us). I want to take a team and give them one obvious hole and 3 first round picks. Then take another team and give them TWO obvious holes at different positions and give them multiple first rounders. The point is to see if this is an isolated thing or if it's the norm.
I don't know if that would nessecerily fix it, just because if they run the internal test the second time, theyll still register that hole at the first spot.

For example, take a team with a hole at the 2 and 3. With the first pick they run the test and take a 2, then at their second pick, they'll run a second test but still produce holes at the two and three, so if they pick a 2 or 3 it won't necessarily prove or disprove this theory.

On the bright side, I think the last update fixed the logic a little bit, 9 of the top 10 were gone two different times I drafted today and it was the same class that last week the number one prospect fell to the second round and went unsigned.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »