Home

2015 PS4 Draft Class (71 Prospects)

This is a discussion on 2015 PS4 Draft Class (71 Prospects) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-15-2014, 09:06 AM   #57
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2015 PS4 Draft Class (71 Prospects)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistaXthug
I just went through the draft and the top 15 were:
1. Mudiay, 2. Okafor, 3. Towns, 4. S. Johnson, 5. Oubre, 6. Cauley-stein, 7. Alexander, 8. Winslow, 9. Hezonja, 10. Dekker, 11. Looney, 12. T. Jones, 13. LaVert, 14. T. Rozier, 15. Powell.

Later on in the draft the picks were a little stranger. Kristaps Porzingis didn't get picked until the 28th pick despite his good potential. And Myles Turner didn't get picked until the 25th pick, which I think is low.
Yea that's low for Kristaps and Myles. I had Kristaps getting picked in the lottery before my most recent update. I'll raise him back to a 72.

Thanks for that
Old 11-15-2014, 02:15 PM   #58
Rookie

QuestGAV's Arena

Dwayne I used a version of your draft from a few weeks ago and am loving it. Your players fit the league better than in any other draft class - and I downloaded about 10-15 others for comparison. No one else was close to realizing how these players should fit in with the rest of the roster and you deserve a lot of credit for that.

The low OVR high potential guys are actually a significant problem. They get drafted in the 2nd round and then cut or not drafted at all. Because of their potential they then get signed to huge contracts in that first offseason (3 years, $18-24M). I don't think any of those teams are going to get their money's worth for them. I don't think the AI is capable of evaluating these players.

WCS - I drafted him at 13, not sure where the AI would've taken him.
Porzingis - went 6, but he was already rated 72 in this version.
Dekker - went 26th

Played a few games with Mudiay, Towns, and WCS and am really enjoying trying to figure out how to use all 3. They all feel like good players but I'm not going to win the MVP with any of them their rookie year which is great.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:56 PM   #59
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestGAV
Dwayne I used a version of your draft from a few weeks ago and am loving it. Your players fit the league better than in any other draft class - and I downloaded about 10-15 others for comparison. No one else was close to realizing how these players should fit in with the rest of the roster and you deserve a lot of credit for that.

The low OVR high potential guys are actually a significant problem. They get drafted in the 2nd round and then cut or not drafted at all. Because of their potential they then get signed to huge contracts in that first offseason (3 years, $18-24M). I don't think any of those teams are going to get their money's worth for them. I don't think the AI is capable of evaluating these players.

WCS - I drafted him at 13, not sure where the AI would've taken him.
Porzingis - went 6, but he was already rated 72 in this version.
Dekker - went 26th

Played a few games with Mudiay, Towns, and WCS and am really enjoying trying to figure out how to use all 3. They all feel like good players but I'm not going to win the MVP with any of them their rookie year which is great.
Thank you this is much appreciated because making them fit with 2k's rosters was my main focus during this whole process.

I personally had the same issue's with the CPU signing Anjesz and Marcus Lee to big contracts which is why I was trying to get their overalls high enough to be 2nd rounders but not high enough to be immediately effective on a winning team.

I'm going to get those 2 low ratings high potential guys up to draftable ratings to see if that helps.

I liked where Kristaps is getting picked before I dropped him to a 70 so in my new iteration I brought him back up to 72 which should match the version you have.

I've seen WCS go in the top 10 in some of my test seasons. Interesting thing with him is that I gave him some weak body parts durability wise and even when I scouted him 100% the scouts didn't flag him for injury proneness.

Basically my thinking is that if 2k is rating Reggie Evans and Ryan Hollins at 74 then anybody going in the 1st round is going to be in the 70's.

Again. Thanks for the feedback. It really helps to see how these guys are working in actual seasons where your actively trying to build your team. Most of my test franchises were me simming through the year focusing only on scouting players.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:43 PM   #60
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

2016 class

I am making real progress on a draft class for next year. Currently I have 27 made real prospects. Using the same attention to detail as I did in my 2015 class.

I have added Thon Maker and Dennis Smith Jr. because I want them in my Franchise mode and I know I won't be making a 2017 class. You can take them out if you want after you download.

The Draft Class is named "2016 + 2" (with spaces)
Online ID: dwaynehenry
Old 11-23-2014, 11:58 AM   #61
Rookie

Re: 2016 class

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
I am making real progress on a draft class for next year. Currently I have 27 made real prospects. Using the same attention to detail as I did in my 2015 class.

I have added Thon Maker and Dennis Smith Jr. because I want them in my Franchise mode and I know I won't be making a 2017 class. You can take them out if you want after you download.

The Draft Class is named "2016 + 2" (with spaces)
Online ID: dwaynehenry
What are some of the other top players in yours? Just a general word of advice when doing 16 classes, all the scouting reports are for how they'll translate to college, not NBA. So a guy like Malik Newman who is generally been 3-5 on most scouting lists has a good college skill set but is small for an NBa guad (6'4 at best) so I always have him in my 6-10 range because I don't see his skill set translating as well. In my class I think I have Ben Simmons as the best (after my inflated thon of course) because he's just an athletic finisher with nba size already

Last edited by ElPanandero; 11-23-2014 at 12:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2014, 12:37 PM   #62
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPanandero
What are some of the other top players in yours? Just a general word of advice when doing 16 classes, all the scouting reports are for how they'll translate to college, not NBA. So a guy like Malik Newman who is generally been 3-5 on most scouting lists has a good college skill set but is small for an NBa guad (6'4 at best) so I always have him in my 6-10 range because I don't see his skill set translating as well. In my class I think I have Ben Simmons as the best (after my inflated thon of course) because he's just an athletic finisher with nba size already
Word. Yea I got Malik Newman at a 74 right now. Rating wise that puts him tied for 6th best prospect. But 74 in NBA 2k is middle of the road or one skill set players (As Ryan Hollins and Reggie Evans are rated 74 by 2k). So I got about 5 guys at 74 and 5 guys above them.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:52 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
Word. Yea I got Malik Newman at a 74 right now. Rating wise that puts him tied for 6th best prospect. But 74 in NBA 2k is middle of the road or one skill set players (As Ryan Hollins and Reggie Evans are rated 74 by 2k). So I got about 5 guys at 74 and 5 guys above them.
I just downloaded it and it looks pretty dope, interesting seeing Malik as a PG, I hadn't considered that before, also are you adding Thon into future releases because I didn't see him in there, so I threw my own Thon in haha

Also, so many props for finding Zhou Qi, I've been on him since he was like 15, I love his game and no one even knows who I'm talking about when I bring him up
Old 11-23-2014, 07:31 PM   #64
Rookie

Gamecock14's Arena

For your 2016 class check out Daniel Hamiliton who is a freshman for UCONN. His brother is Jordan Hamiliton and Daniel is a 2/3 who has good athleticism and a good shooter so far this year

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »