Home

Torn MCL injury duration too short

This is a discussion on Torn MCL injury duration too short within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2014, 06:23 PM   #1
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

OVR: 0
Torn MCL injury duration too short

Why is the injury duration for the Torn MCL injury something like 4-6 weeks in this years game? A Torn MCL is a season ending injury. It's what ended Nerlens Noel's college season and kept him out all year last year.

Has the reason for this been discussed somewhere that I'm not aware of?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2014, 01:28 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Torn MCL injury duration too short

Ricky Rubio tore is ACL (or MCL, don't remember which) during the 2nd game of my Timberwolves franchise and was listed as "day to day." The trainer pops in after the game to tell me he can play through it if I want him to, haha.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:35 AM   #3
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

There's a known issue with injury regression. When a lesser injury (e.g. Sore Knee) regresses into a worse one because the player played/trained through it, the duration isn't updated properly to reflect the new injury. It has been fixed for the next patch.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 11-02-2014, 07:43 AM   #4
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Great news. Thanks as always Leftos.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:13 PM   #5
Rookie

Yes, great news! But speaking of Nerlens Noel, I found an issue with him when I simmed ahead in my franchise. He appears on the Rookie All-Star roster during season 2 as well as season 1. Not sure whether he'll be there in season 3 as well since I'm playing this one myself now that I've rebuilt the Timbies into a fairly decent team through trades and the draft (plus Wiggins and Lavine have developed into absolute MONSTERS!!!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2014, 11:34 AM   #6
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmykels
Yes, great news! But speaking of Nerlens Noel, I found an issue with him when I simmed ahead in my franchise. He appears on the Rookie All-Star roster during season 2 as well as season 1. Not sure whether he'll be there in season 3 as well since I'm playing this one myself now that I've rebuilt the Timbies into a fairly decent team through trades and the draft (plus Wiggins and Lavine have developed into absolute MONSTERS!!!)
Are you talking about Stars vs Elites or the All Rookie Team? Stars vs Elites in the All Star Weekend is for both Rookies and Sophomores.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:51 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmykels
He should be there he is still considered a rookie because he did not play last season. It is the same thing as Griffin when he entered the league. He missed his entire rookie season and then his second season in the league was his rookie year.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:31 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
Are you talking about Stars vs Elites or the All Rookie Team? Stars vs Elites in the All Star Weekend is for both Rookies and Sophomores.

Yeah, he should've been on the Sophomore team during season 2 but he was on the Rookie team both seasons. Only player with that issue, everyone else bumped up accordingly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »