Home

Hot Kidd XB1 'superstars roster'

This is a discussion on Hot Kidd XB1 'superstars roster' within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2014, 03:30 AM   #1
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Hot Kidd XB1 'superstars roster'

Im currently doing a roster. It should be out in less than a week. Im 12 teams done. My goal is to do a roster that highlights superstars strengths. Ill run through some strengths and weaknesses of the upcoming roster.

STRENGTHS
1. It uses Vann's playbooks.

2. Im inputting the sig shots of the best sig shot makers on this site. Check out the sig style thread. Those dudes know their stuff.

3. Increasing 3 point tendencies (usually by 30 clicks) of shooters.

4. Increasing standing dunk tendencies of big guys who can dunk.

5. Giving post players their true tendencies. Minimising fade tendencies of Griffin/Dwight etc. I dont want to see them fading. Increasing thre jab step/up and under etc of post demons like Jefferson and Randolph. Giving Blake his spin post move etc.

6. Increasing quicker big guys speed. Griffin and Davis are very fast in straight lines in the open floor. Im boosting this on select players.

7. Ill get rotations and team POE as accurate as possible.

8. Ive got as focus on stars to highlight what they do best.

9. Adjusting tendencies to reflect player changes. eg Trevor Booker getting a shot, Demare Carrol shooting more. Also turned down shooting tendencies of plkayers who shoot too much in game (Matt Barnes, Im looking at you).

WEAKNESSES

1. Accessories. Me no care.

2. End of the bench guys dont get as much from me as they should.

3. Im not doing this scientifically. I know that certain players do certain moves, but Im increasing the tendency as a guesstimate, more than a scientific, mathematically proven value.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2014, 11:39 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Hot Kidd XB1 'superstars roster'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Im currently doing a roster. It should be out in less than a week. Im 12 teams done. My goal is to do a roster that highlights superstars strengths. Ill run through some strengths and weaknesses of the upcoming roster.

STRENGTHS
1. It uses Vann's playbooks.

2. Im inputting the sig shots of the best sig shot makers on this site. Check out the sig style thread. Those dudes know their stuff.

3. Increasing 3 point tendencies (usually by 30 clicks) of shooters.

4. Increasing standing dunk tendencies of big guys who can dunk.

5. Giving post players their true tendencies. Minimising fade tendencies of Griffin/Dwight etc. I dont want to see them fading. Increasing thre jab step/up and under etc of post demons like Jefferson and Randolph. Giving Blake his spin post move etc.

6. Increasing quicker big guys speed. Griffin and Davis are very fast in straight lines in the open floor. Im boosting this on select players.

7. Ill get rotations and team POE as accurate as possible.

8. Ive got as focus on stars to highlight what they do best.

9. Adjusting tendencies to reflect player changes. eg Trevor Booker getting a shot, Demare Carrol shooting more. Also turned down shooting tendencies of plkayers who shoot too much in game (Matt Barnes, Im looking at you).

WEAKNESSES

1. Accessories. Me no care.

2. End of the bench guys dont get as much from me as they should.

3. Im not doing this scientifically. I know that certain players do certain moves, but Im increasing the tendency as a guesstimate, more than a scientific, mathematically proven value.
I like were you're heading man. I pretty much edit the same way. Just superstars and known role players. I'll defiinetly download your roster once it's through.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:49 AM   #3
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

26 of 30 teams done. Im also addressing the issue of big men lacking stamina.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:34 PM   #4
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Just finished.

In addition to the 1st post Ive done the following things.

Done team rotations.

Included the new contract extensions.

Upped some big mens stamina, lowered guards stamina.

The focus has been on bringing out the star' traits, I wasnt really concerned with the bottom 3-4 guys on each roster. And no, I didnt bother with accessories.

Vann's playbooks were a huge help as were all the boys on the sig style thread for their sig shots. Rip, woody etc.

Gamertag: Smirkin Dirk
File name: vanNOEDITS
Old 11-15-2014, 04:14 PM   #5
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Just simmed a few seasons to see stats.

Spurs finished with a 25-4 record. Ive never seen a 2K team with a record as good as that.

Top scoring team has 111 ppg. 13 teams over 100ppg. Lowest were the 76s at 90ppg. Indy and Memphis in the bottom 5. Defensively, best was Memphis at 89ppg. Chicago, SA, Indy and Charlotte in top 5.

Teams have shot between 47% and 40%. On 3s, the spread was 40.2% and 30.1%

Rebounds seem high. The spread is 44-51.

A few teams are shooting too many 3s. Cleveland, for example avged 31 across the season.

Sim FT's are nice. The spread is 21-30 per game

Looking at player stats, Im seeing some really nice things. The best players are reflected in the stats.

The only major issues with sim stats are some teams shooting too many 3s, and too few blocks. Ive messed around with coach sliders and didnt see an effect. The other issue is low sim blocks. Davis for instance leads the league with 2, Ibaka next at 1.9. Im not sure how this can be fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2014, 06:15 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey man. I appreciate your work. Nicely done. Might be a dumb quoestion im wondering wether the edited playbooks will transfer in a new started myLeague season. I jumped about something like "playbooks are a not transferred into a myleague or mygm season" at os a while ago. Is there anything into that? Im looking to start my myleague with your roster!
Old 11-15-2014, 06:42 PM   #7
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashmaster
Im looking to start my myleague with your roster!
I'd hold off. I committed the cardinal sin of not playtesting every team. I played 3 halves against Charlotte and AL Jeff was getting it. But he was too reliant on his fallaway even though Ive minimised it in his tendencies.

I played 3 halves against the Clippers and despite the fact Griffin's shot tendency and touches are nearly maxed out, he was barely involved, and I dont know why.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:37 PM   #8
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Interesting. I went back to sim sliders and saw the tendencies I wanted to create.

Blake went 6/8 in the 1st half and scored off a couple of spins, a jump hook and a jumper.

Crawford was pulling up I saw a standing dunk (!) from DeAndre.

I also a good number of 3s and fouls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »