Home

1990-91 NBA Roster Set: "Beta Testers" Needed

This is a discussion on 1990-91 NBA Roster Set: "Beta Testers" Needed within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2015, 10:00 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: 1990-91 NBA Roster Set: "Beta Testers" Needed

How are the roster and draft classes going? Love this idea, can't wait to start. It's like Madden 08 for the PC all over again. I wish all sports games had editable draft classes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2015, 09:04 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

UPDATE: I haven't gotten any work done in seven days. Just took some time off. Overall I have the majority of the 1st round for each drsft class up to 1998 done, 1991 is basically completely finished. The problem stems from lack of data from players who didn't spend a long time in the league (before 2001, when advanced shooting statistics became available.)

Another problem I've encountered is that I can only store 8 draft classes locally and share 5 on 2KShare, I haven't yet thought of a solution to this problem. If j make multiple 2K accounts on my PS4 would I be able to bypass this problem? If not I'll definitely need some people to help me undertake this project by taking some draft classes off my hands. I can complete all the data, you'd just have to make faces.

Please let me know if anyone thinks of a solution!

During play-tests eveyuone seems to play fine, some tendencies and badges will be tweaked but watching games go on is almost like watching the glory days of the NBA.

INTERESTING SCENARIOS: in one of my playthrougha, Ray Allen was drafted into the Grizzlies and the next year T-Mac got drafted. The Magic have Shaq and Penny (coincidentally), Kobe has been drafted to the Rockets and Tim Duncan is on an OKC (Seattle Supersonics) team with Shawn Kemp and Gary Payton.

After posting this I will continue to do some work. Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested in helping or have any questions. I am extremely willing (and almost begging) for assistance from anyone. The formulas are very simple and basically just need you to look at stats and compare them to the equivalent in the formulas along with watching some YouTube videos of highlights.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:08 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 1

I've been holding off on doing any mygm until someone did this...I love it!@!!! I would love to test if you still need a tester. I am not sure how you do the draft classes as I am a noob and have only done MYplayer for the past 6 years. But man this is great!
Old 02-27-2015, 10:11 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

I would be terrible at the draft classes, but when you finish the first 5, I could host them on my account if the secondary account thing doesn't work out.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:51 PM   #21
Rookie

UPDATE: I've resumed work on the project and I just figured I'll get all the ratings done in my document and then worry about how I'll distribute 25 draft classes. (I think Ive decided upon making alternate accounts on my PS4 or having some willing members simply host the draft classes for me.)

With my formulas an interesting rating is potential. Many prospects never reach their full potential due to injury, the situation they are out into or other circumstances. So don't be surprised if you see a "bust" with a decent potential. For example Darko Milicic is considered a huge bust but remember, he was drafted onto a championship-built Pistons team with a loaded front court. There were few minutes to go around and the signing of Rasheed Wallace only made it worse. Had he ended up on another team would he have faired better? Would lebron, melo, Wade, or bosh had ended up how they are now if there draft orders were changed? Just an interesting little note to consider.

If you're wondering the order im doing ratings:

1. Significant Players/Players of Note (All-Stars, All-NBA, Award Winners or just well-known interesting players) are the first ones I make.
2. Undrafted (Disclaimer: These are only undrafted players who eventually made an impact or found their role in the league. This is because these players tend to have longer careers than 2nd rounders, for example Ben Wallace went undrafted and he was a very easy player to create statistically.)
3. 1st Rounders
4. Second Rounders

After posting this I will continue to do some work. Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested in helping or have any questions. I am extremely willing (and almost begging) for assistance from anyone. The formulas are very simple and basically just need you to look at stats and compare them to the equivalent in the formulas along with watching some YouTube videos of highlights.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2015, 09:30 AM   #22
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

I have to say that I downloaded the roster (from the psn lorddark_1), and I haven't seen so much work into a roster! Sig shots for I think almost all players, fixed ages for that year, and injuries, although I'm not sure if you meant it or not. I only had one problem: Drazen Petrovic's (R.I.P) overall seemed wayyy to low, with him being considered as one of the best european players of all time, so I think he deserves to be better.
Besides that, I saw several teams like the pelicans and the grizzlies that had only players from the euroleague, so I'm guessing you're not finished?
Old 03-06-2015, 06:45 PM   #23
Rookie

DatIsraelGuy that is very high praise thank you! Wait till you see my draft classes the roster I made was just a fill in until my friend here is finished with his. Also, the Pelicans/Grizzlies/Raptors did not actually exist in the NBA in the early 90s and so in order to compensate I just tossed a bunch of mid to low level European players on teams.
Old 03-07-2015, 03:10 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 1

I downloaded this set this morning and I love it! I started myGM but might restart due to the fact I want to add some more of my custom players to take over the non-completed teams. I played one game against the Hawks and Wilkins and rivers stole the show. It was a fun game to play. I felt Dominique hesitated too much at the top of the key...when he was WIDE open...but other than that I thought the team played well and played through him. When he went out I made a run to take the lead. But once he was in he took over again...it was great.

NOTE:
In regards to Drazen I am not sure if he is over-rated or underated but I think with any star that was taken tragically from the NBA and the world should have a high "Potential" rating if that is not already in place. Just a thought.

GREAT JOB ON THIS AND THE FIRST DRAFT CLASS! I have been wainting for someone to do this for years and actually suggest to 2K they allow us to pick want generation we want to play in...you are giving this to me. thanks for all the hard work!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »