Home

Tims Complete Fiction Roster, for the PS4

This is a discussion on Tims Complete Fiction Roster, for the PS4 within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2015, 01:01 AM   #41
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tims Complete Fiction Roster, for the PS4

I downloaded the file and started a MyLEAGUE controlling all teams, but I have a few problems:
1.last time I did a 30 man association was 2k12, so I forgot some things, and if someone could just give me some tips or something, would be nice.
2. I know that you wanted to make this roster in a way that you won't make trades for example by certain players or previous knowledge, but I'm having a bad time, so if you could say which teams are "rebuilding"/"tanking" etc. it would also really help!
But except for that, i can't wait to really get into that association!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2015, 04:37 PM   #42
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoalure
Yes. I change every single coach manually. Then adjusted their settings and tendencies. Once i ran out of coaches, i fired the assistant, then hired a fake coach, then hire him as the head coach. A bit tedious but, this is a fictional league so it has to work. Lowe has steadily averaged 27 per for 2 seasons. I have had only 1 30 point scorer and thats Stanley Cartwright. My personal favorite player.
Man, you put in work. Would you mind posting the coaches/tendencies you have for each team? They actually affect record quite a bit. For example, Suns have been horrible with Hornaceck in my sims. I've seen them get to 30 wins just once but they made the finals in your sim.

& Yeah, Cartwright carries that team like AI did in 01. Speaking of the Pacers, how'd you decide on the Wilkes for Redd swap?

edit: just realized Nelson Wilkins (Magic) and Leo Wilkins (76ers) are brothers lol

Last edited by BluFu; 02-13-2015 at 05:21 PM.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:46 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
Man, you put in work. Would you mind posting the coaches/tendencies you have for each team? They actually affect record quite a bit. For example, Suns have been horrible with Hornaceck in my sims. I've seen them get to 30 wins just once but they made the finals in your sim.

& Yeah, Cartwright carries that team like AI did in 01. Speaking of the Pacers, how'd you decide on the Wilkes for Redd swap?

edit: just realized Nelson Wilkins (Magic) and Leo Wilkins (76ers) are brothers lol
Yes, Nelson and Leo are brothers. They are from NY and played High-school and college together, but the NBA split them up. I decided to trade Wilkes over to the Hornets and Redd to the Pacers to balance them out a little. I wanted Charlotte to be tougher and Wilkes is definitely a tough SOB.

I cannot post every edit for the coaches because I just got a 6 day a week 50+ hour job, but I can tell you my thought process behind their tendencies.

First, the better coaches A+ to A-, Their rotations are shorter, no more than 9 man and no less than 8. The opposite applies for the lesser skilled coaches. They can run 10 to 11 man rotations, sometimes 12. They run plays more than a coach that has less skill. So, I usually put that at 70 to 100. * I set Play Calling to Manual except for defense.

On defense, they run mostly man to man, say the most I go to is 5 on that. For the bad coaches, I am more liberal on the type of defense they run, so I can go anywhere between 25 and 60 for zone. Remember this is fictional, so I do not need to abide by what I see on TV.

I choose the playbooks based on the team and their skill set. For example, if a team has shooters on the wing, a decent PG and skilled big men, and a good coach then they are tailored for the Spurs playbook.

If I see that the team has a skilled ball handler in the SF position, for example Washington, they would run the triangle with the Knicks playbook.

Anyway, I hope that this helps. Remember to have fun, you do not need to follow my approach, I am far from an expert.

Also, for how I decide to trade players, if the teams are tanking by late December and early January, I unload them for picks and youth. Then teams that need that extra push, I find players that are unhappy and trade them to contenders. Sometimes it works, and sometimes you get a surprise like the Suns.

*PS, Wade Delgado is a complete beast. Just look at his stat lines when you play him and the Suns.

Cheers.....
Old 02-14-2015, 06:28 PM   #44
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Thanks for the tips

Quote:
If I see that the team has a skilled ball handler in the SF position, for example Washington, they would run the triangle with the Knicks playbook.
Triangle works really well with them since you added Magnus Morgan to their rotation.

Quote:
*PS, Wade Delgado is a complete beast. Just look at his stat lines when you play him and the Suns.
Definition of a stat-sheet stuffer. If there was anyone who could get a quintuple double, it would be Delgado.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:43 AM   #45
Rookie

Year 2

Mvp Shawn* Bellamy. pelicans
28.4, 8rbs and 4 ast

Roy Juluo Carter. Twolves
17.9, 4.7 ast, 1.1 stl

6th Man Boris Gatson. Pelicans
15.3, 5.1 rbs, 4.0 ast

DPY Frank Rooks, Clippers
2.3 stls, 2.0 blks

Most improved Chris Wingate, Lakers
19.4 and 11.1 rbs 1.8 stl, 1.6 blks

Coach of the Year: Elijah Samuel,
Pelicans 66-16 best record in NBA

Nba champs winning 4-2 over the Hornets, the Portland Trailblazers
MVP: Homer Cook 23.2, 8.5 rbs, 7.0 ast, 1.5 stls, and 1.0 blks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2015, 02:18 PM   #46
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

year 1 and 2 of myleague using roster Frankie Lowe was MVP twice

year 2 Homer Cook should have won MVP but got Most Improved Player with 19.8 PPG 10.9 RPG and 10.1 APG 2.1 STL and 1.1 BPG.......beast!

This roster is very fun! I was thinking with you permission, I want to edit all the regular NBA stars in the FA to 40 overalls so that teams will not sign them for those who don't want to do 30 team association. I started on the downgrading them on my own system and will only upload with your permission of course.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:46 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousOne

year 2 Homer Cook should have won MVP but got Most Improved Player with 19.8 PPG 10.9 RPG and 10.1 APG 2.1 STL and 1.1 BPG.......beast!

This roster is very fun! I was thinking with you permission, I want to edit all the regular NBA stars in the FA to 40 overalls so that teams will not sign them for those who don't want to do 30 team association. I started on the downgrading them on my own system and will only upload with your permission of course.
That would be amazing.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:33 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousOne

No problem man....

This is open platform, feel free to edit whatever you like. That goes for everyone...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »