Home

1990-91 NBA Rosters - FINISHED - Including 1991 Draft Class (PS4)

This is a discussion on 1990-91 NBA Rosters - FINISHED - Including 1991 Draft Class (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2015, 04:46 AM   #17
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 1990-91 NBA Rosters - FINISHED - Including 1991 Draft Class (PS4)

But you still can't fix the age of Malone and the other legends right?
Old 04-12-2015, 11:01 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefmaster
I did what Grazz1 suggested and made the Raptors and Pelicans into more "expansion" teams. Just took higher ranked people off the free agent list, no real thought to it, other than to get it done. Also, I went through and fixed the players ages on all of the normal teams. Some were a year off, other were 6-8 years off. Now I can't decide who to start a franchise with...
Thanks - I like to think of it as though the NBA expanded back then but no other team had to lose players to build the franchises.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:37 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefmaster
I did what Grazz1 suggested and made the Raptors and Pelicans into more "expansion" teams. Just took higher ranked people off the free agent list, no real thought to it, other than to get it done. Also, I went through and fixed the players ages on all of the normal teams. Some were a year off, other were 6-8 years off. Now I can't decide who to start a franchise with...
Has this been uploaded? I can't see it. Plus, thought about changing the rosters so it's how they were at the end of the regular season? This means the playoffs are accurate and 1991-1992 season starts with more realistic rosters.

Thanks
Old 04-13-2015, 07:46 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus09
But you still can't fix the age of Malone and the other legends right?
Yes sir, fixed them as well. There is no year listed, but you can still move left and right to get their age where you want it. Sorry, my PSN is Thurmanator
Old 04-18-2015, 08:56 AM   #21
Rookie

Thanks - great roster.

Last edited by Grazz1; 04-18-2015 at 09:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2015, 08:15 PM   #22
Rookie

I went ahead and updated the rosters to represent the start of the 1991 playoffs. Some players that were waived during season had to stay on the roster to fulfill the 13 player rule. I edited all rating on the pelicans and raptors to under 60's so of you start a franchise they won't be signed as f.a. I added free agents to both the pelicans and raptors, as the same concept of the grizzlies as expansion teams. The roster is titled 9091 and my user is is rdbsr45. Credit to the creator on these terrific rosters.
Not changing this until the tigers retire #45 for Cecil Fielder

Psn: rdbsr45
Old 04-23-2015, 01:34 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcf250
I am happy to say that after five months of work, a full 1990-1991 roster set is now available for use in any game mode (everything is configured to work best in MyGM/Franchise mode, but you can certainly playsingle games if you prefer that!). I have also completed the 1991 draft class for use with this roster; I’m at work on the 1992 draft and hope to do at least 3-4 years of classes in the end.

The main file is entitled 1990-91 NBA RosterShared. The draft class is 91Draft. Both are best found by searching for my username (ferrfs), but please note that there are other files that I’ve uploaded; these are test rosters or otherwise unfinished – they won’t do you much good.

The main features of the roster set include:

· All 27 teams that existed in 1990-91, includingthe player list for each team as it was on Opening Night 1990 (so trades thathappened in-season are not reflected in this roster set. Players are generally accurate with regard toheight, weight, age, years pro, and contract (though contracts are scaled to reflect inflation). Some of the pre-existing classic players will not be accurate with regard to age because you can’t edit the birth dates of such players – nothing to be done about that, I’m afraid!

· The three teams that did not exist in 90-91 have been handled in three different ways. The Pelicans are replaced with the roster of the 1974-75 New Orleans Jazz; the Raptors with the 2004-2005 Raptors. The Grizzlies are an “expansion” team – the roster is made up entirely of players who were not on an NBA roster as of Opening Night 1990 (either because they were in Europe, a free agent, or recently retired at the time).

· You’ll need to put the ’95-’96 SeattleSupersonics in place of the Oklahoma City Thunder in all MyGM/Franchise situations.

· The free agent list has been edited. There are about 60 free agents who werereal-life free agents at the beginning of the 1990-91 season; they are all rated at 60 or above. Anyone rated below 60 is not intended for use in this roster.

· Ratings were derived from a spreadsheet taking into account objective measures of performance (ie, stats). Generally, there is a wider spread of ratings from top players to weaker players. Anybody between 60-65 is a fringe player; 66-70 is usually a rotation player or somebody with one or two useful skills. 71-75 is a solid starter; 76-80 is aborderline All Star. Anybody in the 80s is usually All Star caliber, while 90 and up is MVP candidate. Above 95 is the absolute best of the best, and there are very few of these.

My next few posts will briefly outline the teams in the league, including overall ratings for key players. I’ll close with an overview of the first draft class.

Huge thanks are owed both to freno and lorddark for their contributions to this roster in terms of CAPs and draft classediting. PLEASE let me know if you haveany feedback or ideas on how I can make this roster set more useable – but in the meanwhile, I hope it’s fun to play!
Just as a tidbit, I've found that you can change the age of the classic players even if it seems like you can't. Hover over that setting in edit player and use the dpad left and right and exit out and you'll see that it does in fact change. Just find out exactly how many presses you need to get the desired result.

I used this to put a 50 year old MJ on the Hornets.

Edit: Seems like someone above already said this is possible
Old 04-26-2015, 06:15 PM   #24
Rookie

I am still working on every draft class from 1991-2014. This is a very extensive project and I'm currently just putting faces Into the game. If you would like to assist please email me [email protected]

THIS WILL NOT GET FINISHED WITHOUT HELP, there is only so much I can do by myself. However I assure you the process is actually very simple, if I could get maybe 3-5 helpers working at their best daily this could easily be finished in at most two weeks. For more information check out the other topic on the roster forum with the 1990-91 Beta Testers Needed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »