Home

1991-2014 Draft Classes

This is a discussion on 1991-2014 Draft Classes within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2015, 08:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
1991-2014 Draft Classes

As an extension to the 1990-91 roster made by frffs I started to make every draft class from 1991 to 2014. The purpose of this beginning post is to let you know the project is not dead, however at this moment I'm working alone and you can imagine how difficult it can be to do this by yourself. I have however made a decent amount of progress as draft classes 1991-95 are completely finished. I will post further information later in the day.

my email: [email protected]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2015, 07:39 AM   #2
Rookie

bake502's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: 1991-2014 Draft Classes

Willing and able to do minimal grunt work needed for these draft classes as this could entertain me for a very very long time so I'd love to see a finished product. I have experience in research and ratings as well as face work minimally but also could become strapped for time if project runs further and further until completion.
Chelsea FC
Portland TrailBlazers
Old 05-21-2015, 08:27 PM   #3
Rookie

((For the most part the following posts are just reposts from another thread I used to update people. Will keep people updated, currently finishing up 1997. Will host 97, 98, 99, 00 and 01.)

PS4 Gamertag: lorddark_1

Assuming there are 60 players per draft class and 24 draft classes I need to create, that equates to 1440 stats and faces I need to create. If anyone is interested in the link to the google document where I store all the ratings and statistics please email me! All the help I can get would be great, the formulas for creating ratings are very simple. The quicker we can finish these, the more enjoyable the 90-91 roster set will be to play with.

With my formulas an interesting rating is potential. Many prospects never reach their full potential due to injury, the situation they are out into or other circumstances. So don't be surprised if you see a "bust" with a decent potential. For example Darko Milicic is considered a huge bust but remember, he was drafted onto a championship-built Pistons team with a loaded front court. There were few minutes to go around and the signing of Rasheed Wallace only made it worse. Had he ended up on another team would he have faired better? Would lebron, melo, Wade, or bosh had ended up how they are now if there draft orders were changed? Just an interesting little note to consider.

If you're wondering the order im doing ratings:

1. Significant Players/Players of Note (All-Stars, All-NBA, Award Winners or just well-known interesting players) are the first ones I make.
2. Undrafted (Disclaimer: These are only undrafted players who eventually made an impact or found their role in the league. This is because these players tend to have longer careers than 2nd rounders, for example Ben Wallace went undrafted and he was a very easy player to create statistically.)
3. 1st Rounders
4. Second Rounders

I am still working on the draft classes. However it is becoming more difficult since now each draft class requires me to make each player since information is available. I'm going to release 1999 and onwards as V1 and V2. Version 1's only have essential players so that it is playable from the beginning then eventually I'll release the rest.

HOSTERS: (where you can find the draft classes)

1: thestotzkys (1991-1995)
2: lorddark_1 (1996-2000)
3: Empty
4: Empty
5: Empty

These will be accurate at around midnight eastern time. I am still making some final touches. If you are interested in helping me complete this project faster (for the most part I am still working alone) please contact me. I assure you this is not difficult at all, just looking at stats and inputting them as attributes.

My email is [email protected]
My psn is lorddark_1

After posting this I will continue to do some work. Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested in helping or have any questions. I am extremely willing (and almost begging) for assistance from anyone. The formulas are very simple and basically just need you to look at stats and compare them to the equivalent in the formulas along with watching some YouTube videos of highlights
Old 05-22-2015, 12:06 AM   #4
Pro

iRepOklahoma's Arena

OVR: 8

Oh my! Thanks for doing this. Looking forward to this!!!
Old 05-27-2015, 08:13 PM   #5
Rookie

WOW! Came onto this forum specificially looking for something like this. Granted I wanted one from NBA merger but still. Now this will also make it easier for me to tank certain seasons or make crazy trades for team picks. It's like coming back from the future with all this information, I will be the greatest GM of all time!

Thanks for putting in the effort you have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2015, 11:55 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8

I remember I tried this with some others a couple years ago but predictably failed. What draft classes are done? I think the 20-25 best players in each draft class should be adequate.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:49 PM   #7
Rookie

Thanks all for the work on this. Just some input: the ratings (especially the potential) are very high. When playing multiple seasons, all of the draft players become way too strong.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:44 AM   #8
Rookie

School is winding down for me so I will be able to do more work. Just want to say the project is not dead. I am still looking for as much help as possible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »