Home

PS4 Bleacher Report 200 Based, Injury Free Rosters

This is a discussion on PS4 Bleacher Report 200 Based, Injury Free Rosters within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2015, 09:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
PS4 Bleacher Report 200 Based, Injury Free Rosters

I've been hard at work on making some very accurate rosters based mainly of the Bleacher Report 200, a rating of the best NBA players on a scale up to 100. I've tried to stick closely to the 2014-15 rating system, but have also used last years BR 200, Basketball-Reference.com, Hoops-Hype.com, and some other info sites. These are going to be far from perfect, but I like how it's going. The best players in the league are around a 95 and those around #200 are a 64. That's a bit low for me, so I've raised all ratings by 3 points. The BR list only focuses on just the player, nothing to do with the team, wins, mvps, potential, or anything like that. Each player has an intangible rating from 0-10 and I've added back any lost points (due to injury or conduct), since those are covered elsewhere in the players profile on the game. If anyone notices any ratings that are way off, please let me know, I'm making these for accuracy for my own game. I haven't touched team ratings yet, some are a bit surprising, but these are meant to focus on the individual players ratings, injury free, so the team things should come from coaching and playing style.

I started off with the HypeDC rosters because the badges are awesome. So I owe a thanks the them.

I've made a rating cap of 95, except for LeBron, mainly because Anthony Davis would be a 99 with intangible points added back and it makes the Pelicans a top 3 team in the league. The Cavs rating is a middle of the league team, even with Love having a few extra points and LeBron being over a 95. I'm still deciding what I want to do about this, because they are way too low.

Most players I've kept right on the BR 200 rating+3, but I've also looked at last years 200, and any player with a major slump from last year to this, I've added a few points too, unless the decline is clearly just from aging. Some of the players increased a bit were Love, Lance Stephenson, Tristan Thompson (not a decline, just a playoff increase), Faried, Drummond (just too good to be an 80), Kawhi Leonard and Tony Parker (BR said both would've been higher if the whole season was included, their ratings end in mid March), H Barnes (BR had him as a PF which has rim protection as a rating, SF doesn't have that, so he would be higher), and probably a few other that I'm forgetting. Just from making them some surprises were..Durant's defense is high because BR said he graded out as well as any defender in the league, Paul Pierce seems low at a 75 I'll probably move up closer to an 80, David Lee is too high at an 82, the Suns are rated a lot higher than I expected, Harden's D is still too high, Jrue Holiday is high at an 87, but BR said if he'd been healthy he would've been a top five point guard, and Korver might be too low at 79.

If you have any opinions on those ratings or any other in the game, send me a pm or post on here. I'm wanting these to be very accurate, so any help would be awesome. I haven't done much to Lateral Quickness yet, so I could use some help there.

I've made these for my own personal My League, where I'm going to control every team and make the correct draft pick and change free agents for the second year. I'm going to make contract changes on the base roster as they occur and I'll change all players who opt in on their player options to team options, so they'll stay put. I haven't run a test on a myleague yet with these rosters, so if you do, I'd love to know the results.

I'll also be fixing the free agents and making draft classes for 15 and 16. Until I'm finished with those, I'll be changing these as soon as I have any reason to.

Also, thanks to all the people on here who have answered my questions on here. Every bit of info helps.

I haven't even touched tendencies or signatures and I don't care about appearance, so if anyone has suggestions for the first two or wants to work on any of those, go right ahead.

Enjoy!

Name JoshN125 OID JoshN521 These are for PS4

Teams finished: 76ers, Bulls, Cavs, Celtics, Clippers, Grizzlies, Hawks, Hornets, Knicks, Lakers, Nets, Nuggets, Pacers, Pelicans, Pistons, Raptors, Rockets, Spurs, Suns, Thunder, TWolves, Blazers, Warriors, Wizards

I'm doing about 3 a day now and I'm open to suggestions for who to do next.

Last edited by JoshN125; 06-06-2015 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Added more teams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 09:16 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: PS4 Bleacher Report 200 Based, Injury Free Rosters

I forgot to put that I allowed each team 1 extra rotation player for guys who played a ton during the season. I've kept the coaches rotation # the same and just added the extra player without changing anything. Houston has 2 pretty good players that aren't in the rotation, but I tried to stick with who actually played in the playoffs.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:05 PM   #3
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

I'll check these out! I've been looking for a good roster!
Old 06-06-2015, 12:38 PM   #4
Rookie

Lakers and Pacers are now finished.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:15 AM   #5
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10

Plays pretty good

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »