Home

15-16 Accurate Sigs + Rookies + Offseason Updates!

This is a discussion on 15-16 Accurate Sigs + Rookies + Offseason Updates! within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2015, 01:42 PM   #73
Pro

ZakMarcin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 15-16 Accurate Sigs + Rookies + Offseason Updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
Good to see...

And idk about him seeing That...in my league where i customize every aspect....

Im still able to get loaded teams after 2to 3 years because i have cap room and bird rights....i would always sign kris middleton and tobias Harris to 8 million a year contracts and they both just got double that....

So i guess i haven't seen what he ran into in all my myleague runs....

If anything i think each players rating for money is too low on default 2k roster

That's according to him so I don't know.

I hope things work out a little better now with the offseason though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2015, 01:52 PM   #74
Pro

ZakMarcin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
Zak, I hope the roster still plays the same. I've been testing your roster (quick game guy) on HOF, utilizing a hybrid slider set of Eccentric, Shady and my tweaks here and there.

Prior to ratings update (Haven't tried it the new update yet), statistically and gameplay wise, this is my favorite roster. You have created a masterpiece and I am appreciative. The lower tier teams aren't completely useless and the heavyweights still play as they should. Balance is key and I think you have achieved it.

Only two beefs thus far:
Rudy Gay is too effective and should be a bit more streaky. Yes, HE SHOULD be one of the best scorers in the league but still hasn't proven he can do that efficiently (HOLD THAT THOUGHT; he averaged 21.1, 6 rebound and 4.5 assist per game last year) Even so, I think he needs to be a tad less effective but not as much of a reduction than I anticipated...good work.

2K's plays are good BUT the playbook in the playbook thread is pure gold, still to this day. Certain teams may have different schemes next year, but I wouldn't worry about that because that won't be revealed until the start of next season and by that time, 2K16 will be released. Also, it adds more diversity to CPU gameplay and less predictable. I think that is the last step to making your roster the most complete set on OS.

Even so, thanks again and I'll continue to update you with my findings

Thanks man, I appreciate that. I firmly believe it will still run the same as I lowered ratings in a way that allowed players to still be effective.

You mentioned something that no one else has and it is a main goal of mine: "the lower teams aren't completely useless." I want people to actually have fun playing with every team, and not feel like their struggling to play with some. Every team in the NBA can compete on any given night because they have several pretty good players.

Rudy had an All-Star caliber season like you mentioned and since joining Sacramento he's been a lot more efficient, and improved his playmaking. I feel like if it was a guy who didn't earn a bad rep in 12-13 or have the alleged "when I leave teams get better" rep (even though the Grizz were bound to be good regardless and they weren't allowed to build chemistry between stars because of injuries and Toronto just wasn't a good fit), nobody would have a problem with it. I try to focus on the recent season.

The playbooks are a future update, they're very time consuming to edit (more than usual), so stay tuned for that. There's only one team with an updated playbook so far, the Suns.

Thanks again.

Old 07-09-2015, 02:10 PM   #75
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZakMarcin
Thanks man, I appreciate that. I firmly believe it will still run the same as I lowered ratings in a way that allowed players to still be effective.

You mentioned something that no one else has and it is a main goal of mine: "the lower teams aren't completely useless." I want people to actually have fun playing with every team, and not feel like their struggling to play with some. Every team in the NBA can compete on any given night because they have several pretty good players.

Rudy had an All-Star caliber season like you mentioned and since joining Sacramento he's been a lot more efficient, and improved his playmaking. I feel like if it was a guy who didn't earn a bad rep in 12-13 or have the alleged "when I leave teams get better" rep (even though the Grizz were bound to be good regardless and they weren't allowed to build chemistry between stars because of injuries and Toronto just wasn't a good fit), nobody would have a problem with it. I try to focus on the recent season.

The playbooks are a future update, they're very time consuming to edit (more than usual), so stay tuned for that. There's only one team with an updated playbook so far, the Suns.

Thanks again.

No Problem man, well deserved.

The bold needs to be harped on a little. Sure, the lower tier teams are exactly that, lower tiered BUT if you execute correctly, you should be able to compete, just like real life. This roster set provides that in a realistic manner.

I concur regarding Rudy Gay. The only thing I would argue is his offensive consistency may need to be dropped A TAD due to FG% last year (45%). Nevertheless, it is water under a bridge since he still ranks number 10 of FG% among starting small forwards last year. But once again, I stand corrected. Two less shots per game last year compared to the 2013-2014 season, yet he averaged 2 more points per game in the 2014-2015 season.

Your diligence is appreciated and I'm done rambling Rudy Gay stats! Maybe I'm just a little salty about how he went ham on my Lakers last night.

Will you be in the roster game for 2K16?! I sure as hell hope so.

EDIT: TAKE YOUR TIME ON PLAYBOOKS! Looks like a handful
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2015, 02:24 PM   #76
Pro

ZakMarcin's Arena

Quote:
No Problem man, well deserved.

The bold needs to be harped on a little. Sure, the lower tier teams are exactly that, lower tiered BUT if you execute correctly, you should be able to compete, just like real life. This roster set provides that in a realistic manner.

I concur regarding Rudy Gay. The only thing I would argue is his offensive consistency may need to be dropped A TAD due to FG% last year (45%). Nevertheless, it is water under a bridge since he still ranks number 10 of FG% among starting small forwards last year. But once again, I stand corrected. Two less shots per game last year compared to the 2013-2014 season, yet he averaged 2 more points per game in the 2014-2015 season.

Your diligence is appreciated and I'm done rambling Rudy Gay stats! Maybe I'm just a little salty about how he went ham on my Lakers last night.

Will you be in the roster game for 2K16?! I sure as hell hope so.

EDIT: TAKE YOUR TIME ON PLAYBOOKS! Looks like a handful

That's the goal! Even if you're a skilled player on the default roster you're gonna have no chance against a top tier team unless the opponent is a toddler.

Haha just make sure to give him 50 next game with Kobe you'll be alright.

I'll be in the roster game every year, because like I said, I do this for myself first. Difference is now I actually have an audience so I'll be more precise and work even harder!

Yup, I'll provide an update as soon as they're done.

Thanks for the support, enjoy.

Old 07-09-2015, 02:51 PM   #77
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZakMarcin
That's the goal! Even if you're a skilled player on the default roster you're gonna have no chance against a top tier team unless the opponent is a toddler.

Haha just make sure to give him 50 next game with Kobe you'll be alright.

I'll be in the roster game every year, because like I said, I do this for myself first. Difference is now I actually have an audience so I'll be more precise and work even harder!

Yup, I'll provide an update as soon as they're done.

Thanks for the support, enjoy.

One last thing you need to update. Put D'Angelo Russell at the 1 and Clarkson at the 2. Unless you have more info then me, I'd imagine the Lakers would prefer Russell at the one as he is a better passer/facilitator and Clarkson is more of a scoring guard!
Old 07-09-2015, 02:52 PM   #78
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10

If a couple people tackle the play books this could be knocked out pretty fast. Just a suggestion

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2015, 03:07 PM   #79
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Just out of curiosity.....do u do tendencies in these as well or is mostly just signature??

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 07-09-2015, 03:09 PM   #80
Pro

ZakMarcin's Arena

15-16 Accurate Sigs + Rookies + Offseason Updates!

Quote:
One last thing you need to update. Put D'Angelo Russell at the 1 and Clarkson at the 2. Unless you have more info then me, I'd imagine the Lakers would prefer Russell at the one as he is a better passer/facilitator and Clarkson is more of a scoring guard!

7/9 Update:

- Luke Babbitt back to NO
- Raul Neto created and added to the Jazz
- Zaza to Dallas
- Lance Thomas back to NY
- Drew Gooden back to Wiz
- Jordan Hill to Indy
- Contracts adjusted
- Number changes
- Mirza Teletovic to PHX
- Gerald Green to Miami
- Wayne Ellington to Brooklyn
- Tibor Pleiss to free agency (likely to sign with Utah)
- Joel Freeland to Moscow
- D'Angelo Russell moved to PG
- Enes Kanter's new contract (not on Blazers, OKC will match)
- KG, Duncan, Matthews, Anthony Brown, Bass contracts updated
- Trey Lyles updated hairstyle & facial hair
- Major appearance update for Kristaps Porzingis

Last edited by ZakMarcin; 07-10-2015 at 03:36 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »