Home

NBA 2K16: Ratings/Tendencies Discoveries Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: Ratings/Tendencies Discoveries Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2015, 10:21 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16: Ratings/Tendencies Discoveries Thread

@nogster
Ryan Anderson 85 "Touches"? Why so high? I didn't realize New Orleans ran plays for him like that.

To everyone: Should we include Rotations stuff in this thread? I think that can be just as important as ratings/tendencies.

And for guys who are the biggest scorers on their teams but they also play off the ball (screens and stuff-- Curry, Harden, Durant), do you have to set more of their teammates to "Play Initiator" so the game knows they can have the ball in their hands while the players run off screens?

Last edited by RyanFitzmagic; 09-28-2015 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:00 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicmage
Have you been able to confirm this for 2K16? With the new ACE system that has been instituted this year, I would not rely on any previous games for what Touches, or Run Plays for that matter, actually control.
Playing the game and testing it. It was the first thing I went to and the first thing I tested. Its the quickest most efficient way to improve the cpu's behavior in regards to getting the stars and bigs even more involved. I don't have time to completely edit rosters anymore, Nor do I feel its needed in this game. [thankfully].

In regards to me raising Ryan Andersons touches to 85.
1. He is a big, so unlike guards or swingmen, he won't receive the ball as much, and thus won't be as involved as he should be if his touches are not elevated.

2. The first team I tested was N.O as I wanted to see if Davis carries the team. and he wasn't like he should due to the guards Touches being too high. and then Anderson was not being involved either. So even though N.O don't really call many plays for him, this is a computer game and you need to give the A.I a nudge to make Anderson a more featured player who will keep the opponent on their toes.

3. He is a 6th man that will have the green light to shoot. especially under Gentry who loves stretch 4's. [I also raised his mid range tendency by 5 or 10 clicks and his 3pt tendency to 95]
Old 09-28-2015, 05:41 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogster
3. He is a 6th man that will have the green light to shoot. especially under Gentry who loves stretch 4's. [I also raised his mid range tendency by 5 or 10 clicks and his 3pt tendency to 95]
That would be shot tendency more than Touches, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 06:10 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
That would be shot tendency more than Touches, though.
Yes, but as he is a big, He will not get the space or touches to let his tendencies take over unless he is actively involved, and that is touches. If he played guard or small forward it would be a non issue. In fact I would probably have to lower his touches and probably tendencies as he would probably be too involved and shoot too much. [if he was a SG/SF.]
Old 09-28-2015, 07:33 PM   #13
Rookie

What about Wiggins tendancies? He is only at 70, mesnwhile KAT has 74, Martin 80 and Pekovic 80.
And his potential is A- while KAT has A. Actually many top draft picks this year have A or more.
Wiggins is supposed to be the next big thing and a great scorer. Do 2k developpers even know about that?
Old 09-28-2015, 09:42 PM   #14
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

I have a question about pick and roll tendency.

The Roll vs. Pop I thought it was 0 = Roll 100 = Pop and 50 = mix.

Now that I'm looking at the 2k roster I'm noticing DeAndre Jordan's stat = 100. Do I have my idea of the tendency backwards?
Old 09-28-2015, 09:52 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345

Now that I'm looking at the 2k roster I'm noticing DeAndre Jordan's stat = 100. Do I have my idea of the tendency backwards?
Yeah, I noticed Steph Curry's was at 0.

Maybe it should have been phrased "Roll as opposed to pop."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 09:53 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345

Yes you do have it backwards.
100 is roll [slashers], 0 is pop [shooters]. 50 is balanced. [all around]

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »