Home

TIM'S FICTIONAL LEAGUE PS4

This is a discussion on TIM'S FICTIONAL LEAGUE PS4 within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2015, 07:01 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: TIM'S FICTIONAL LEAGUE PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaevee
Hi Tim
  • Bo McCalebb is has a noticeably quick first step, even against starting point guards. I like what you've done with his quickness (and presumably league wide.) I thought he was a superstar -- but I think he's the back-up.
  • A few too many backdoor cuts without any action for my liking. This may however be a slider or more systemic issue beyond your ratings/tendencies.
  • Accessory colours were a bit inconsistent. I know it's OCD, but if the majority of players have white knee sleeves, then all players should have white knee sleeves etc. For example, #12 Hall of the Celtics has green knee sleeves and #8 Jordan has a green arm sleeve when every other Celtic player has a white colour scheme.
  • The battle of the boards was incredibly realistic. Offensive rebounds were very hard to come by and only if you had good position and a quality rebounder. I appreciated this.
  • Computer penetration was fair and effective. I never felt like I was blown by without it being a lapse in judgement or a better player.
  • Fouls were realistically frequent.
  • Speeding past a defender seems like it was a bit too easy. A couple of times I simply turbo-ed my way past a defender and got the riding-the-hip animation and continued past him for an easy lay-up. Not a noticeably huge issue though. May have to play a couple more games to see if this is a trend.
  • I saw one of the most boneheaded defensive plays in this game. One player was defending a guy on the weakside wing, then sprinted away from his man to the ballhandler who was receiving at the centre of the 3pt line for no reason whatsoever -- leaving his man completely wide open for a corner three. Don't know about that play.
  • Atlanta just manufactured a back door play from nothing to bring the game within two. Smells like CPU-cheese.
Hope this helps. I'll try and do some more trials over the weekend.

Thanks so much for responding... I hope you enjoyed the roster and I liked reading your comments. I will take everything under consideration. As far as the speed of the players, I wanted the smaller guards to be faster than the bigs and I wanted the players that were fast to make a difference and to be noticeable in game. In other words, I want speed to mean something. If every player is fast than no one is fast. The bigs that have speed will have more value.

The teams will be mixed throughout the league. No team will be the same and the league will have parody. I want this to be for MyLeague, so this will not be a clone of the real NBA.
Old 10-24-2015, 05:58 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey Tim

Just did another playthrough tonight. Box score and comparison below.

Clips (me) v Jazz (CPU). I played like junk and lost by 9. I also didn't realise how much I run the offense through one guy when I don't know the players on the team. Few thoughts:
  • #7 Smith just brought up the ball to start the second half. Was this intentional (like a Lamar Odom)? I had a quick look at his shooting stats and he didn't seem like an outside scoring big guy.
  • The speed issue I mentioned in my last post, that PGs could seemingly turbo past their guard at will, wasn't a problem. It might have been just an exceptionally fast guard I was using last night. Great job on this, Tim.
  • No noticeable backdoor cheesing tonight.
  • Couple of accessory aberrations on the Clips e.g. Rooks with white away leg sleeves, while everyone else is wearing black.
  • Also, as a general question, are you changing the playbooks and default freelance options for each team? Or are they retaining their original plays?

Glad my last post helped. Again, I was a big fan of your roster last year so figured I owed you some input for this year's edition.

I'm looking forward to playing with your full roster on MyLeague for sure!
Old 10-24-2015, 06:52 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
  • #7 Smith just brought up the ball to start the second half. Was this intentional (like a Lamar Odom)? I had a quick look at his shooting stats and he didn't seem like an outside scoring big guy.
  • The speed issue I mentioned in my last post, that PGs could seemingly turbo past their guard at will, wasn't a problem. It might have been just an exceptionally fast guard I was using last night. Great job on this, Tim.
  • No noticeable backdoor cheesing tonight.
  • Couple of accessory aberrations on the Clips e.g. Rooks with white away leg sleeves, while everyone else is wearing black.
  • Also, as a general question, are you changing the playbooks and default freelance options for each team? Or are they retaining their original plays?

Glad my last post helped. Again, I was a big fan of your roster last year so figured I owed you some input for this year's edition.

I'm looking forward to playing with your full roster on MyLeague for sure!

Yes, Willard Smith is a bit of a Lamar Odom type player. Not exactly the same but, he has good playmaking skills and very good at getting to the basket. If it doesn't make much sense I will remove him from taking the ball up the court.

The PG for Atlanta is one of the fastest in the league, so that is what I wanted to try to make in the league.

I will clean up the accessories for each team. I am OCD but, not concerning accessories.

I know that I can change Playbooks but how do I change freelance for the teams?

As always, thanks for your insight...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2015, 06:55 AM   #36
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoalure
Yes, Willard Smith is a bit of a Lamar Odom type player. Not exactly the same but, he has good playmaking skills and very good at getting to the basket. If it doesn't make much sense I will remove him from taking the ball up the court.

The PG for Atlanta is one of the fastest in the league, so that is what I wanted to try to make in the league.

I will clean up the accessories for each team. I am OCD but, not concerning accessories.

As always, thanks for your insight...
You don't need to change the freelance for the teams, you just choose the freelance you want in a match
Old 10-25-2015, 07:02 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Perfect. Just wanted to make sure. I crossed up a guy with him so it makes sense and is a nice touch. I like the diversity. Definitely keep it in.

Quote:
Good question. I'm not sure. It would be great though wouldn't it? Having say the Celtics run the Hawks motion. I know you can obviously manually adjust it, I'm just not sure about changing their default freelance. I'll have a look around next weekend.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:07 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy
You don't need to change the freelance for the teams, you just choose the freelance you want in a match
I hear your point. But my thinking was that, if it's possible to change a team's freelance offence, the computer could be running a different default set and motion. I think that would add some more fiction to the roster, especially given that the players will be obviously different and a particular set might not apply to them. What do you reckon?
Old 10-25-2015, 08:26 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
I hear your point. But my thinking was that, if it's possible to change a team's freelance offence, the computer could be running a different default set and motion. I think that would add some more fiction to the roster, especially given that the players will be obviously different and a particular set might not apply to them. What do you reckon?

I agree, if I were able to change the default play styles of each team to how they relate in the fictional roster, that would be a tremendous help to the roster. However, I do not believe that they gave us the options to do that this year. I think 2K was like, "look what we came up with, but you can't mess with it."
Old 10-27-2015, 12:29 AM   #40
Rookie

The "not so bad anymore" 76ers have been added to the Test Roster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »