Home

2K16 Bulls Playbook: An In-Depth Look

This is a discussion on 2K16 Bulls Playbook: An In-Depth Look within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2015, 02:02 AM   #9
Rookie

jattnanga's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 2K16 Bulls Playbook: An In-Depth Look

5 Out Series

Reversal with a dribble at and DHO on the weakside with floor spread.

5 Out
Give 53 Swing 2 (handoff) – call for player in weakside corner (requires 5 as trailer)

TIP: Watch the defenders because something can open up along the way and you may not even need to get to the DHO.

This is really nice if you have a 4 man who can shoot because it will be his man's help on any attack on the paint.

FLOW EXTENSION

5 Out to Quick
Give 53 Swing 2 (handoff) for 2 man → Punch 12 Give 14 (low post) for 5 man

Creates a lot of perimeter motion and is useful if you have 5 guys out there who are versatile offensively.

- Ricky Rubio quoting Magic Johnson

Last edited by jattnanga; 10-16-2015 at 02:44 AM.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:12 AM   #10
MVP

cdk10's Arena

OVR: 15

Very nice breakdown. Insightful and put together well.

Xbox - CK11
PS4 - The_One_CK
Old 10-16-2015, 11:18 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 0

Great series of posts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2015, 03:00 PM   #12
Rookie

MCGREGOR__'s Arena

Where do you have your coach sliders?
Old 10-16-2015, 03:50 PM   #13
Rookie

jattnanga's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGREGOR__
Where do you have your coach sliders?
Coach sliders on the defaults. Which I think for the Bulls is still 99. I didn't touch any of that because they don't apply as I am controlling all of the action.

So I get possession, take a look at the spacing and call something right away based on who is where.

Who is the trailer and who is the strong side wing is what I'm looking for right away.

However, come to think of it, this may have a beneficial impact on 2K Smart Play. I'll look into that and get back to you.

Old 10-17-2015, 05:49 PM   #14
Rookie

jattnanga's Arena

So from what I've tested, the 2K Smart Play feature takes into account the spacing somewhat but is inconsistent in terms always picking the best action for the spacing.

I noticed the trailer and post big swapping out a lot, but the wings didn't cross as much. It may have to do with the fact that I keep the points of emphasis on get shooters open as a good chunk of the actions most true Hoiberg's offense are midrange plays.

Manually reading the spacing is probably the way to go to flow into something quick. You ideally want that first pass made with 17-18 seconds on the shot clock so you have time to extend into a second action if the first one fails to create an advantage.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:09 PM   #15
Rookie

Will you be doing other teams as well?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2015, 10:28 PM   #16
MVP

BrianU's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jattnanga
So from what I've tested, the 2K Smart Play feature takes into account the spacing somewhat but is inconsistent in terms always picking the best action for the spacing.

I noticed the trailer and post big swapping out a lot, but the wings didn't cross as much. It may have to do with the fact that I keep the points of emphasis on get shooters open as a good chunk of the actions most true Hoiberg's offense are midrange plays.

Manually reading the spacing is probably the way to go to flow into something quick. You ideally want that first pass made with 17-18 seconds on the shot clock so you have time to extend into a second action if the first one fails to create an advantage.
Your entire post is fascinating to me, as a guy who doesn't know much about the NBA or its strategy. I use the Bulls exclusively so this post was like a dream! I am still unclear on a few things though..

I wish you explained a little bit more basic knowledge to interpret this post. I feel you need a decent amount of understanding before reading it. One thing in particular, what is a weave?

I love the videos and if ever possible I'd love to watch a full game of yours and see how these plays integrate with each other in a game setting. How often do you call a play? How often do you iso or pick n roll? Those type of things.

That's interesting about smart play. I don't feel I have enough knowledge to know what play to call in what situation. When I call plays manually I tend to use the same couple, I am not very diverse, so I like letting the CPU call plays for me or smart play. Could you look at putting offensive playcalling on Auto and seeing if that is the same thing as using Smart Play frequently? Does Auto offensive playcalling give the same results?

Another big thing I don't get. Is it possible to control who the trailer and the strong side wing player are? The strong side wing in particular. Sometimes it's Butler and sometimes it's Dunleavy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »