Home

Coach Profiles

This is a discussion on Coach Profiles within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2015, 11:55 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Coach Profiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Interesting.

I noticed you didn't set any teams to run in transition. Is this to prevent offensive boards against?

What did you do for the other coaching sliders like run plays, bench, offense-defense etc.?
I was also going to mention this, was a little surprised that not even Golden State wasn't set to run in transition.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:49 PM   #18
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

In a lot cases, there's no clear cut answer to what the POE should be set to (unless you've personally discussed this with certain coaches lol). For GSW; sure they were top in fastbreak points but they were also 4th in the league in defensive rebounding. You have to take that into consideration.

Limit/Run In Transition, Crash Off/Def Glass represent coaching POE extremes (I like to think of it as leaning left or right). The GSW do not represent this extremity.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:47 PM   #19
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
In a lot cases, there's no clear cut answer to what the POE should be set to (unless you've personally discussed this with certain coaches lol). For GSW; sure they were top in fastbreak points but they were also 4th in the league in defensive rebounding. You have to take that into consideration.
But theyre also third to last in opponent offensive rebounding and first in the league in transition plays. Trust me, they're looking to run, not get back and rebound.
Old 11-20-2015, 05:43 PM   #20
MVP

BluFu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicmage
But theyre also third to last in opponent offensive rebounding and first in the league in transition plays. Trust me, they're looking to run, not get back and rebound.
With the Warriors running teams off the line (as well as not having many great individual defensive rebounders), they're subject to offensive rebounding. "Some Crash" still has guys running in transition... it's not an "all hands on deck" approach. It's the best of both worlds.

Of course, if there was a "Crash Defensive Glass then Quickly Push Ball Up Court" option I would've picked that. Just working with what we've got.. and to make GSW a good defensive rebounding team (like they are in real life) some guys have to be crashing the glass.
Old 11-20-2015, 06:27 PM   #21
MVP

BluFu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragula15
Interesting that you used Fouls to determine aggression. Haven't seen that idea yet.
Ha I'm not sure how I came up with it, but it makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Interesting.

I noticed you didn't set any teams to run in transition. Is this to prevent offensive boards against?

What did you do for the other coaching sliders like run plays, bench, offense-defense etc.?
I've got none of the other stuff. Was just adjusting POEs for better sim stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
With the Warriors running teams off the line (as well as not having many great individual defensive rebounders), they're subject to offensive rebounding.
*GSW was 26th in opponent points in the paint per game

Last edited by BluFu; 11-21-2015 at 12:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2015, 10:26 PM   #22
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey bluflu I think you're forgetting that players skill plays a role in rebound stats. If you set GSW to run in transition it doesn't mean they won't rebound well. If they have good rebounders (i.e. Bogut, Barnes, Iggy, Speights, and Dray) they will still not be outrebounded with run n gun style of play.

If you played GSW's real style of play and had different players up front you'd have major rebound troubles.

I use Run in transition for that reason.

Have you checked how these affect sim stats in MyGM/League?
Old 11-23-2015, 06:42 PM   #23
MVP

BluFu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
Have you checked how these affect sim stats in MyGM/League?
I'm getting around the same results in Defensive rebounding & Points Off Turnovers for both.. pick whatever you want
Old 11-27-2015, 03:02 AM   #24
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

OVR: 0

I posted my POE sets in this thread http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047864116

Check out the images I uploaded, you guys might find it works for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »