Home

2K16: 1972-1973 NBA Roster (PS4)

This is a discussion on 2K16: 1972-1973 NBA Roster (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2015, 10:02 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 2
2K16: 1972-1973 NBA Roster (PS4)

hI guys, here we go with another roster. Maybe some of you tried and liked my 84-85 roster. This time i want to make a WILT Chamberlain season, and i decided to go with Wilt Last Stand, 1972-1973 season.
We got Chamberlain, Pistol Pete Maravich, Elvin Hayes, Connie The Hawks Hawkins, Spencer Haywood, a young McAdoo...tons of funs for retro lovers

UPDATE - UPDATE ROSTER IS ONLINE

im working right now on this roster for ps4, always using the amazing caps from freno.
Guys roster is online!

psn: crazyh16
Roster: 1972-1973

You will find the 17 teams from the 73 season:
PHILADELPHIA 76ERS
ATLANTA HAWKS
BALTIMORE BULLETS (WASHINGTON PLACE)
BOSTON CELTICS
BUFFALO BRAVES (CLIPPERS SPOT)
CHICAGO BULLS
CLEVELAND CAVS
DETROIT PISTONS
HOUSTON ROCKETS
KANSAS CITY KINGS
LAKERS
MILWAUKEE
NEW YORK
PHOENIX
PORTLAND
SEATTLE SUPERSONICS (GRIZZLIES SPOT)
SAN FRANCISCO WARRIORS
Rembember, there are just 17 NBA teams in the 73 Season. im using all the current teams spot, for presentation. but if someone want i can use the classic ones.

Right now im working on the Boston Celtics. Stay tuned. I hope to finish in short time.

Last edited by MJWizards; 01-04-2016 at 10:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2015, 10:45 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 2K16: 1972-1973 NBA Roster (PS4)

Great!!! Dave Debusschere was my favorite at that time. I was 5 and remember crying when I saw the picture of him with crutches and an injured ankle in the local sports page (grew up 20 min outside of NYC). It's a shame we can't customize the number of teams in a season. I might choose 15 of the 17 and just put them all in the east, make the west teams bad so they are a given win. Then just run palyoffs to eastern conf finals which could serve a championship??? Can't wait to see them.
Old 12-30-2015, 11:08 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJWizards
hI guys, here we go with another roster. Maybe some of you tried and liked my 84-85 roster. This time i want to make a WILT Chamberlain season, and i decided to go with Wilt Last Stand, 1972-1973 season.
We got Chamberlain, Pistol Pete Maravich, Elvin Hayes, Connie The Hawks Hawkins, Spencer Haywood, a young McAdoo...tons of funs for retro lovers

im working right now on this roster for ps4, always using the amazing caps from freno.

7 Teams are alreaday made 100%

PHILADELPHIA 76ERS
MILWAUKEE BUCKS
CHICAGO BULLS
CLEVELAND CAVALIERS
NEW YORK KNICKS
LOS ANGELES LAKERS
SEATTLE SUPERSONICS

Rembember, there are just 17 NBA teams in the 73 Season. im using all the current teams spot, for presentation. but if someone want i can use the classic ones.

Right now im working on the Boston Celtics. Stay tuned. I hope to finish in short time.
MJW, have you thought about my idea I mention to you a few weeks ago about the teams that where not in existence at the time? Using the ABA teams from the same year to replace the teams that are left out. For example: ABA had the Dallas Chapparrals...is the San Antonio Spurs...ABA Denver Rockets could be the NBA Denver Nuggets...ABA Carolina Cougars could be the NBA Charlotte Hornets and so on....I believe the ABA had 11 teams that year. You would also give access to using some great ABA players in their prime as well. Players such as..julius erving (virginia squires), artis gilmore(kentucky colonels),george irvine(uva squires),charlie scott(uva),rick barry(nets),john roche(nets).....and much,much more.
Old 12-30-2015, 11:32 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac747
MJW, have you thought about my idea I mention to you a few weeks ago about the teams that where not in existence at the time? Using the ABA teams from the same year to replace the teams that are left out. For example: ABA had the Dallas Chapparrals...is the San Antonio Spurs...ABA Denver Rockets could be the NBA Denver Nuggets...ABA Carolina Cougars could be the NBA Charlotte Hornets and so on....I believe the ABA had 11 teams that year. You would also give access to using some great ABA players in their prime as well. Players such as..julius erving (virginia squires), artis gilmore(kentucky colonels),george irvine(uva squires),charlie scott(uva),rick barry(nets),john roche(nets).....and much,much more.

Yeah,i rememeber your idea. And i like it.
Its just that its a lot of work to do, and i want to release this roster in a short time, plus a lot of team needs to be renamed but we can only change 3:
with ths 72.73 season, 1 for sure are the Sonics, then the Braves and the third one is between Kansas City and Baltimore, dont know yet.
Anyway, let me finish the 72-73 NBA Roster first, and then we see. I would love to have some ABA guys in this, so why not?
Old 12-30-2015, 01:58 PM   #5
Rookie

Played two games this morning in my 84-85 season. Had a great game with the Suns and Spurs, loss by one point. Still loved it. Blew out the Knicks with the Rockets, Sampson lead the way 24pts-18rbs-10blk. Can't wait for the 72-73 roster. Awesome work
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2015, 02:40 PM   #6
MVP

Jaiveer's Arena

This is great can't wait will u add scrubs for expansion teams and maybe replace some ABA teams that are now NBA teams?
Old 12-31-2015, 11:29 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaiveer
This is great can't wait will u add scrubs for expansion teams and maybe replace some ABA teams that are now NBA teams?
Yeah, im going to add scurbs for teams not in 73 season like Heat or Pelicans.
Just completed Celtics, Braves and Hawks, 10 teams are 100% completed now.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:50 AM   #8
MVP

UPDATE: completed Pistons, Rockets and Kansas City Kings! 13 teams are 100% ready now

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »