Home

2k17 Roster Making Brainstorm Session - Ps4, Xbox, Pc

This is a discussion on 2k17 Roster Making Brainstorm Session - Ps4, Xbox, Pc within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2016, 09:57 AM   #65
MVP

Jaiveer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2k17 Roster Making Brainstorm Session - Ps4, Xbox, Pc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachjosh21
I dubbed the name of our collaboration For the Love of the Game. It's the name of the basketball program I run. It just came to me that I could use that name and logo for our roster projects like sim world does. I think the name says it all when it comes to why we come here and spend time creating rosters. Hope everyone is cool with it
Yeah sure it's good
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2016, 01:57 PM   #66
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaiveer
For the Spurs thing, I was thinking 07 and 99 is good because 2014 is too current and prime Tim would be good to play with this team or 05 Spurs, what do you guys think?
Just reading all of the posts in this thread and still working my way through it, but I just thought I would leave a quick reply here. The '03 Spurs were very formidable and could be a nice way to get both Tim and the Admiral on a team with Tony and Manu. Manu was a rookie but stepped up his game in the playoffs and Finals. The '05 era team obviously has prime Tim, Tony, and Manu, but I just thought that I would leave my thoughts. The '03 Team always seems to get undervalued in historic discussions.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:19 PM   #67
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

I think every historical roster should be released as two separate versions: an opening day roster and a playoff roster.

The opening day roster would have all rosters as they stood on day one of the season, complete with injuries with durations that represent the exact number of games (not days) that that player missed from day one onward through the season. Salaries would be accurate, adjusted accordingly to match the salary cap for that year; I have a spreadsheet that already calculates this adjustment if you guys need it. This would be for MyLeague players.

The second roster would be the playoff roster, with lineups (and injuries) accurate as of day one of the playoffs. Salaries not important, as this would purely be for quick game matches.

Obviously the split would be one of the last steps in the roster creation process, but I think this is a critical step to take.

Thoughts?

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
Old 05-05-2016, 06:21 PM   #68
MVP

Jaiveer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodypoo
Just reading all of the posts in this thread and still working my way through it, but I just thought I would leave a quick reply here. The '03 Spurs were very formidable and could be a nice way to get both Tim and the Admiral on a team with Tony and Manu. Manu was a rookie but stepped up his game in the playoffs and Finals. The '05 era team obviously has prime Tim, Tony, and Manu, but I just thought that I would leave my thoughts. The '03 Team always seems to get undervalued in historic discussions.
I wanted them but everybody was saying 2007 or 1999 so I was like we can do these. Too many Spurs teams lol
Old 05-05-2016, 06:21 PM   #69
MVP

Jaiveer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMage
I think every historical roster should be released as two separate versions: an opening day roster and a playoff roster.

The opening day roster would have all rosters as they stood on day one of the season, complete with injuries with durations that represent the exact number of games (not days) that that player missed from day one onward through the season. Salaries would be accurate, adjusted accordingly to match the salary cap for that year; I have a spreadsheet that already calculates this adjustment if you guys need it. This would be for MyLeague players.

The second roster would be the playoff roster, with lineups (and injuries) accurate as of day one of the playoffs. Salaries not important, as this would purely be for quick game matches.

Obviously the split would be one of the last steps in the roster creation process, but I think this is a critical step to take.

Thoughts?
Yeah that's a good idea, I don't really know maybe if everyone wants we will do it
Old 05-05-2016, 08:14 PM   #70
Pro

OVR: 9

Me personally, I only play playoff rosters so that's a good idea to me.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:49 PM   #71
MVP

VizzyXV's Arena

OVR: 2

If it's a season roster I prefer opening day lineups

But if it's like best of teams roster it should be playoffs or end of season roster, in my opinion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2016, 01:59 PM   #72
Rookie

After looking through some of this years posts for the new roster box I see that people have been collaborating all year. Teams of 2-3 people usually get the job done while people that try to go solo end up losing interest or just want to spend time playing the game. Understandable of course but there are some really great roster ideas that will never see the light of day.

I've seen tons of fictional roster projects, most of them completed which is good.

I've seen many projects updating 2ks 2016 rosters for current season. I understand some people have their own opinion on how players should be scaled and have the self motivation to do it alone. But people are doing double the work. If we can all agree on a ratings scale or just use Sonics scales were applicable we will save time.

I've seen people make rosters for the same season or rosters with many of the same players and they didn't even know about each other. Other roster makers (especially draft makers) are even competitive with each other which is counter productive with the limited amount of people and time we have in a release cycle. We could have future drafts of 100-150 players spanning a least a decade but instead we have several people all working on CAPS for 2016 still.

Another thing I've witnessed while going through these threads is there are actually several threads where people are sharing caps, sigs etc. but it's not organized. Reading thru hundreds of pages is not ideal when I think the op should the keep first post updated with their findings. Or better yet, an editable spreadsheet where everyone can share their findings in one document. So many sigs and Caps will be lost in the shuffle and then will end up being recreated by a second person just because no one noticed the work was already shared on page 32 of a massive thread.

SonicMage says that he will need help at release time of 2k17. He needs every rating and tendency inputted into a spreadsheet with numbers taken directly from the roster that comes with the disc. This will help him calculate any new formulas and changes that 2k17 has. In turn, he will post the new ratings and tendencies for decades worth of players based on his results. The sooner he has working spreadsheet, the sooner we can complete rosters. I think this should be priority number one when 2k17 drops at the end of September.

After I complete the roster box and get further progress on the finals project spreadsheet, I think my next task is rounding up all the roster makers from this past year. Just make a checklist of who's in or not and try to get as many people on board as possible.

Some people enjoy the process of making rosters and will want to go it alone which is fine, no hard feelings. But I think a majority are like me who are limited on time and just want to play the game. And yet it would be nice to have completed historic rosters including players like Rasheed, Barkley and Miller. Of course, quality is still important too. What fun is it to play against 95 Shaq if he doesn't play like 95 Shaq? And so that's why we make rosters. And why 2k allows creative editing to its video game because editing 1000's of players (and paying for the rights to use them) for a small minority of customers is a daunting task. But the goal should be for many of us to work together, get the projects done quickly and then enjoy our rosters for the remainder of the year!

Last edited by Coachjosh21; 05-06-2016 at 03:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »