Home

NBA 2K16 - 2016 Offseason w/All Rookies (PS4)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 - 2016 Offseason w/All Rookies (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2016, 01:18 PM   #1
Rookie

EmbraceThePace's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K16 - 2016 Offseason w/All Rookies (PS4)

2016 Offseason Roster w/All Rookies!

Hey everyone!

My name is EmbraceThePace! As many of you know, I created a 2016 and 2017 draft class this year on NBA 2K16 that has received an overwhelming amount of support. To this day, my 2016 class has over 3.5M downloads on PS4! I want to start off by saying thank you to everyone that has downloaded my draft classes and to everyone that has left me great feedback on Twitter, YouTube and PSN. I really appreciate it a lot and it makes all the hours of research and creating worth it even more!

Now that that's out of the way, let's get in to what you're all here for.

Last year, I took on the tall task of releasing and maintaining an offseason roster that included all of the rookies. The amount of support that project received was so far above and beyond my expectations that I still think back to how enjoyable that summer was. I learned so much last year about how these rosters should be produced and what the community was really looking for. I was able to take that knowledge and apply it to my draft classes this year to truly provide the most authentic experience for MyLEAGUE/MyGM. This summer, I’m happy to say that I’ll be doing the same for my offseason roster!

RELEASE DETAILS

Release Date: June 23 (Shortly after the NBA Draft concludes)
Platform: PlayStation 4
File Name: 2016 Offseason w/All Rookies
Online ID: EmbraceThePace

ROSTER FEATURES

Ben Simmons and Brandon Ingram in NBA 2K16

simmons ingram action.jpg

All Rookies Included

Ever since October of last year, I've been hard at work creating loads of NBA draft prospects in order to create the most realistic draft classes possible. Hundreds of hours of research and film study went into making these prospects look and play the same way they do in real life. I'm happy to say that those same creations will be featured in this roster. I'm hopeful that every player that hears his name called (with the exception of a few European players that won't come to the U.S. next year) will be on their respective teams when this roster drops. If I have not created a player that gets drafted, they will be added in very, very shortly after the initial release. If there is not enough space on a team’s 15 man roster to add a 2nd round pick, he will be placed in the free agent pool until he is officially signed.

Revamped Player Tendencies

I’m excited to announce that tendency aficionado, Pete Toal, will be helping me out with player tendencies again this year. He went in and revamped a vast majority of current player's tendencies to better reflect how they play in real life. He’ll be continuing to update tendencies throughout the offseason. This roster wouldn't be nearly as authentic if it wasn't for his help, so he deserves a lot of the praise. Go give him a follow on Twitter and thank him. @PeteToal

Updated Ages/Years Pro

I have gone in and updated every single player's age and number of years they have been in the league. All players (including free agents) are now 1 year older and all have 1 more year of experience under their belt.

Updated Contracts

All of the current NBA players now have their contracts fully updated to reflect the 2016-2017 season. I went through and removed 1 year from every player's contract so they will hit free agency in the correct year when you use this roster in MyGM and MyLEAGUE. One major change we’re about to see this summer is the effects of the new salary cap. It is projected to sky-rocket to approximately 94M this year. Because of this, it is imperative that you increase the salary cap slider to 95 when you use this roster in MyLEAGUE. If this is not done, almost every team will be over the luxury tax and things will get really messy. I have conducted a lot of research on the new CBA, and have added in some projected contracts for some of the most high profile free agents. It is also worth noting that when I add the draft picks into the roster, they will all have realistic rookie contracts right off the bat.

Frequent File Updates

One of the main things I’ve focused on with my draft classes and rosters the past 2 years has been keeping them as updated as possible. As soon as I noticed a player was traded, had declared for the draft, signed a new contract or even just changed up his hairstyle, I made sure I updated it as quickly as possible. That habit will continue this summer. I'll be keeping tabs on all of the latest player movement, contract signings, number changes, etc. all throughout the offseason and making sure the file stays updated. If I ever miss anything, feel free to let me know!

I'm extremely excited to finally share the details of this project with everyone! As I stated above, version #1 of this roster will be releasing on June 23 right after the NBA Draft concludes. If you have any questions, comments, feedback or anything else to say, please feel free to post them in this thread or contact me on Twitter. I highly, highly recommend following me on Twitter. I’ll try my best to stay active in this thread, but Twitter is far and away the best place to contact me and learn about new updates.

If you would like to hear me talk more in-depth about this roster, you can watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3rlanybdI4 I'll be posting more videos about my rosters and draft classes on my YouTube channel, along with other NBA 2K content.

My Twitter: @EmbraceThaPace

Pete's Twitter: @PeteToal

My YouTube Channel: Search "EmbraceThePace" and my channel will pop up, or just click the link below this post.

My PSN: EmbraceThePace

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/embracepace

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/izomniayt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2016, 02:28 PM   #2
Rookie

mdxle4's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K16 - 2016 Offseason w/All Rookies (PS4)

Thank you for all of your hard work! All of this is so appreciated by 2k fans everywhere
Old 06-23-2016, 03:43 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

I just would like to add in that due to my previous limited schedule due to family medical concerns, that you will see many player tendencies as a work in progress. HOWEVER, over the next two to three weeks all players including rookies and Free Agents will receive a FULL Tendency update based on NBA.com stats and vast amount of hours of detailed research. I've been able to complete many players and teams thus far but they are not at 100% complete yet.

Do keep in mind that due to the 2K engine that I am only able to authenticate tendencies to a certain degree. If anyone has any questions about tendencies then please hit me up on twitter @PeteToal. Please enjoy this roster!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...DLtC7snYo/edit
Old 06-23-2016, 07:44 PM   #4
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

EmbraceThePace and pjt8405 are easily my two favorite roster editors. Loved the roster last year, and I can't wait to tailor my slider set to this year's roster once again!
Old 06-23-2016, 11:30 PM   #5
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
EmbraceThePace and pjt8405 are easily my two favorite roster editors. Loved the roster last year, and I can't wait to tailor my slider set to this year's roster once again!
Information on the slide

Last edited by jakalfc; 06-23-2016 at 11:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2016, 03:13 AM   #6
Pro

CookNBA03's Arena

How did you edit the contracts to get them up to date?
Old 06-24-2016, 05:56 AM   #7
Rookie

CyberOps's Arena

Already said it on twitter but will say it again here, Thanks guys for the hard work and please keep it update. You guys do awesome work in giving us an up to date roster. Again Thanks
Old 06-24-2016, 06:00 AM   #8
Rookie

Just notice, Ante Toni Zizic ( 23. pick ) is missing in Boston Celtics squad, also the guy from france ( i forgot his name ). I guess there is not enough room in squad. Another thing, Ivica Zubac ( 32. pick) LA Lakers, his nationality is Croatian, i mean he was born in Bosnia but he plays for Croatian national team. P.S. thanks for this amazing roster. Cheers

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »