Home

SimWorld Presents: "The League" NBA2K17 Fictional Roster (for Xbox One)

This is a discussion on SimWorld Presents: "The League" NBA2K17 Fictional Roster (for Xbox One) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2016, 12:15 AM   #25
mqt
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreece
The only thing with that proposal is I'm pretty sure Utah have no interest in giving up Wallace who is bigger , younger and just as athletic and still on a rookie contract. For a max level contract guy who's proven not to be a winner. But whatever scenario works for the user let it rip!
That's fair. I was just looking for a fit, and the Jazz seemed like a team with both the assets to make a move and the incentive to add the best scorer in the league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 10:12 AM   #26
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: SimWorld Presents: "The League" NBA2K17 Fictional Roster (for Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hushroom
Last year was the first year I used SimWorld and it was the most fun I've had playing 2k with a MyLeague with the Rameek Toole-led Brooklyn Nets. Did Detroit Johnson retire yet?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Funny you should mention the Brooklyn Nets.

BROOKLYN NETS TEAM PREVIEW

Last Year’s Record:
59 – 23

Postseason Results:
Eliminated in Eastern Conference Finals by Washington Wizards

Awards/Accolades:
PF TaShawn Sullivan 1st Team All Rookie

Who’s Out:
PG Detroit Johnson

Who’s In:
PF Andrew White
SG Joseph Taylor (Round 1: Pick 28)
PG Pernell Wells (Round 2: Pick 28)

Who are the Brooklyn Nets?
“A team that wants to prove last season was no fluke”

A look at the quote above will show you exactly what a lot of people thought about the Nets last year. Everyone knew that they would be GOOD but nobody thought that they would finish above a Whakil Blackshear or Chris Bishop led team. Well, that is exactly what they did last season to the tune of 59 wins. In a league full of talented 2 guards, Rameek Toole is making it hard to not mention his name in the top 5 or maybe even the top 3. Glenn Braxton finally hit the big 30 but he isn’t showing any signs of slowing down and SF Deitrich Castillo is a great third option. PF Tashawn Sullivan has also shown that he is the PF of the future in Brooklyn. Unfortunately, the loss of veteran PG Detroit Johnson to the Clippers will hurt but PG Petros Laskaris looks to be at the very least, a solid short term answer.

But Can They Do It Again?
A lot of things worked in Brooklyn’s favour last year and even though they lost in the Eastern Conference Finals, the city ultimately looked at last season as a success. With Toole in the last year of his rookie contract, the team needs to show him that they are serious contenders or they may be at risk of losing their best player. After speaking with Glenn Braxton in the offseason, he told me that Toole wasn’t going anywhere and that he feels that the team can duplicate their impressive results from last season. After seeing the improvement that the Cavs have made, I have them as the fourth best team in the East behind the Wizards, 76ers and the Cavaliers but they proved me wrong before. Let’s see if they can make it two in a row.

Feature Presentation
Rameek Toole is the guy that everyone has their eye on. Right now, the 23 year old stud is right on the cusp of being a superstar in this league. He is great on both sides of the ball and he can light it up. Some feel like he should have AT LEAST been a 3rd Team All NBA selection so he probably is ready to show people why he deserved to be there. Glenn Braxton isn’t the star that he used to be but he can put up 20 to 25 on any given night and he will always pull down some boards. As stated before, Castillo is one of the best third options available.

But Also Keep an Eye On.....
There are two guys that I really want to see this year. First, PG Petros Laskaris is definitely happy to have Detroit Johnson out of the locker room. Detroit Johnson made it clear that he didn’t want to come back if they brought Laskaris back so it is no surprise that Johnson bolted after the season. This will be the first time that the second round pick from Greece will have a starting spot in the NBA so viewers (especially in Brooklyn) want to see if it was worth letting go of the veteran point guard. Second, Tashawn Sullivan was as good as advertised but we all know the sophomore slump is no joke. I think we all want to see if last season was a sign of things to come or if Sullivan will fall off.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-24-2016, 07:04 PM   #27
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

I remember that conflict between the two. In my MyLeague, I kept Detroit and he ended up being one of my favorite players on the team. Rameek Toole would be my go to guy whenever I was down, and Sullivan was a rebounding machine. Can't wait for this to be released again...
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Old 09-24-2016, 11:35 PM   #28
SimWorld NBA 2K Guru

Dreece's Arena

OVR: 19

For those interested in our demo it will still be released tonight. Albeit a little later than anticipated . Sorry for the delay gentleman it should be ready in a couple hours

**Demo is complete and ready will post all details around 1pm est**

Last edited by Dreece; 09-25-2016 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-25-2016, 07:47 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreece
For those interested in our demo it will still be released tonight. Albeit a little later than anticipated . Sorry for the delay gentleman it should be ready in a couple hours

**Demo is complete and ready will post all details around 1pm est**
When do you project the rosters will be done?
Old 09-25-2016, 07:58 PM   #30
SimWorld NBA 2K Guru

Dreece's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey314
When do you project the rosters will be done?
No projections...just alot of hard work until then.

Four team DEMO is uploaded on 2share .

GT- xxxDreecexxx
Filename - SimWorld Fictional LEAGUE ALPHA

Sliders - Yellzstar
Filename - SimWorld WIP

Teams available

76ers
Bucks
Magic
Grizzlies

Teams will be added daily but we have free agents and a MyLeague tune for sim stats. Along with constructing our draft classes so to be honest I don't know. But it won't be released to I'm 100% comfortable releasing as a SimWorld product.

More information coming from Sapp later.

Feedback is welcomed on the demo. It is still minor changes to be made and of course a patch to look out for but I haven't had time to user test or play the game yet enjoy.

Last edited by Dreece; 09-25-2016 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-26-2016, 01:54 PM   #31
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

Big shout out to my brother Blindside who handled the Western Conference team write ups. With that being said, let's check out today's team preview... the League NBA Champions:
LOS ANGELES LAKERS TEAM PREVIEW

Last Year’s Record:
59 – 23

Postseason Results:
NBA Champions (Defeated Washington Wizards in NBA Finals)

Awards/Accolades:
SG Marcus Domino 8th in NBA in steals
SG Marcus Domino 1st Team All NBA
SG Marcus Domino 1st Team All Defense
SG Marcus Domino Runner Up for MVP
SG Marcus Domino Runner Up for Defensive Player of the Year
PF Cameron McKinney 6th in NBA in scoring (24.6 ppg)
PF Cameron McKinney 3rd Team All NBA
PF Raymon Dawson NBA All Rookie Team

Who’s Out:
PG Ramon Rivers (Retired)
C Odi Alamieyeseigha

Who’s In:
SF DeAnthony Freeman
C Chris Miles (Round 1: Pick 30)
PG Arturas Vecerskis (Round 2: Pick 29)

Who are the Los Angeles Lakers?
“We All the Way up”

Well they're champions. Make no mistake about it. Although they finished 4 games back of the Warriors in the regular season, the post season Lakers were an entirely different animal. A quick 4-0 sweep of the Suns had them looking unstoppable but injuries played a big part in the next two rounds. The Lakers showed resilience though and fought their way through a 7 game series with Sacramento before another 7 game series against the Warriors in the Conference Finals and then having somewhat easier 4-2 win in the Finals against the Wizards.

The View From Up Here

Most people in The League will spend their careers chasing a championship and never come close but what do you do after you've got that ring on your finger. First off you defend it, so the question now is how do the Lakers defend their title? Well the core of the team is intact and they have youth coming through with more than enough ability to take over. The future looks pretty bright here for The Lakers. Now they just need to make it happen.

Feature Presentation
When Marcus Domino made the move from Miami, plenty of people doubted his ability to make an impact and definitely never expected him to emerge as an MVP candidate. Never mind a look in at DPOY as well. Truth is, the time is now for the 26 year old. Cameron McKinney made it clear he isn't the the top dog on this squad and will do all that he can to ensure Domino establishes himself as one of the best in The League.

How often do you see a rookie win 6MOY? Probably never, history tells me it's never happened before. Well PF Raymon Dawson made it happen. It's one thing having Cameron McKinney as your first choice but when a kid as talented as Dawson is waiting in the wings you have a lot to smile about. Don't let that overshadow SF Kyle Redfield though, he followed up an impressive year with a sensational post season and was without a doubt one of the key factors in the Lakers becoming champions.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2016, 05:25 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
Big shout out to my brother Blindside who handled the Western Conference team write ups. With that being said, let's check out today's team preview... the League NBA Champions:

LOS ANGELES LAKERS TEAM PREVIEW

Last Year’s Record:
59 – 23

Postseason Results:
NBA Champions (Defeated Washington Wizards in NBA Finals)

Awards/Accolades:
SG Marcus Domino 8th in NBA in steals
SG Marcus Domino 1st Team All NBA
SG Marcus Domino 1st Team All Defense
SG Marcus Domino Runner Up for MVP
SG Marcus Domino Runner Up for Defensive Player of the Year
PF Cameron McKinney 6th in NBA in scoring (24.6 ppg)
PF Cameron McKinney 3rd Team All NBA
PF Raymon Dawson NBA All Rookie Team

Who’s Out:
PG Ramon Rivers (Retired)
C Odi Alamieyeseigha

Who’s In:
SF DeAnthony Freeman
C Chris Miles (Round 1: Pick 30)
PG Arturas Vecerskis (Round 2: Pick 29)

Who are the Los Angeles Lakers?
“We All the Way up”

Well they're champions. Make no mistake about it. Although they finished 4 games back of the Warriors in the regular season, the post season Lakers were an entirely different animal. A quick 4-0 sweep of the Suns had them looking unstoppable but injuries played a big part in the next two rounds. The Lakers showed resilience though and fought their way through a 7 game series with Sacramento before another 7 game series against the Warriors in the Conference Finals and then having somewhat easier 4-2 win in the Finals against the Wizards.

The View From Up Here

Most people in The League will spend their careers chasing a championship and never come close but what do you do after you've got that ring on your finger. First off you defend it, so the question now is how do the Lakers defend their title? Well the core of the team is intact and they have youth coming through with more than enough ability to take over. The future looks pretty bright here for The Lakers. Now they just need to make it happen.

Feature Presentation
When Marcus Domino made the move from Miami, plenty of people doubted his ability to make an impact and definitely never expected him to emerge as an MVP candidate. Never mind a look in at DPOY as well. Truth is, the time is now for the 26 year old. Cameron McKinney made it clear he isn't the the top dog on this squad and will do all that he can to ensure Domino establishes himself as one of the best in The League.

How often do you see a rookie win 6MOY? Probably never, history tells me it's never happened before. Well PF Raymon Dawson made it happen. It's one thing having Cameron McKinney as your first choice but when a kid as talented as Dawson is waiting in the wings you have a lot to smile about. Don't let that overshadow SF Kyle Redfield though, he followed up an impressive year with a sensational post season and was without a doubt one of the key factors in the Lakers becoming champions.

Quick question about the storyline and draft classes. The first draft class that you used for 2k16 was the draft class that contained Blackshear to Charolette correct? Now the second draft class for 2k16 is that the draft class you are using for the 1st draft class for 2k17? I'm sorry about the wording of my question haha 😅. Also how many draft classes are usually made for "the league"?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »