Home

RIO 2K16 (X1)

This is a discussion on RIO 2K16 (X1) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2016, 05:57 PM   #1
Rookie

jattnanga's Arena

OVR: 2
RIO 2K16 (X1)

RIO 2K16 [XBOX ONE]

GT: Jatt Nanga
File: RIO

16 TEAMS (in order of appearance in the game):
FRANCE – Anadolu Efes
SERBIA – Crzena Zvezda
PUERTO RICO – CSKA
SPAIN – EA7 Milano
CANADA – FC Bayern Munich
CHINA – Galatsaray
BRAZIL – Panathinaikos
VENEZUELA - Strasbourg
LITHUANIA – Zalgiris
CROATIA – Cedevita Zagreb
ITALY – Dinamo Sassari
AUSTRALIA – Limoges
UNITED STATES – Neptunas
ARGENTINA – Nizhny Novgorod
NIGERIA – Unics Kazan

1992 USA – 88-89 Pistons

The roster contains the 12 teams in this year's Olympics, the three 2nd place teams from each of the Olympic Qualifying Tournaments and the 1992 Dream Team.

The rosters are accurate to this summer's actual rosters; this means that certain players will not be available, but that is the nature of national team competition.

SLIDERS and SETTINGS

The game will feel incomplete and be an average 2K experience without the sliders. They are available for download with information below:

GAMEPLAY SETTINGS
Difficulty: Superstar
Quarter Length: 10 Mins
Injuries: Off
Game Speed: 49
Foul Out: 5

Commentary Volume: 50
PA Vol: 35
Sound Effects: 90
Crowd Volume: 90
Player Chatter: 75

SLIDERS:
File: RIO

Spoiler

COACH SETTINGS
Spoiler

ROSTER INFO
The goal is to recreate the international basketball experience in 2K16. This has been done through editing and rescaling all individual attributes and tendencies across the board with a specific focus on: strength, fouls, pass to open man, passing and defensive iq ratings. These work in combination with points of emphasis and sliders for: drive/inside contact, foul tendencies, play passing lane, on ball steal, help defense strength and others.

This means maintaining freedom of movement while being a more physical, execution based game where your primary reads may be taken away offensively and consistent defensive execution is paramount.

I used SimWorld as a loose template and then thoroughly adjusted to better recreate the international game. Everything is edited: likeness-accessories-attributes-tendencies-animations-badges-accurate playbooks-POEs-coach sliders. The rescaled ratings have resulted in all players having higher than average ratings, but are necessary for optimal gameplay and player differentiation on-the-court - particularly defensively.

GAMEPLAY
Three areas were focused on in great detail.
  1. Pick and Roll – balancing the mechanics of the game for more variability so that sometimes there is less or late help and other times they will help early off a wing in the corner. The second part of tuning was to have AI players have the ability to help on the roll man and then recover to closeout. There was also a focus on trying to create a necessity of the pocket-pass because the late pass might be taken away but a well-timed pocket pass might lead to a layup. Offensively, it makes it much more enjoyable as precision and timing become more important.
  2. Closeouts – this was tough but I feel good about where it is. Once an advantage is created a kick-out cannot always result in an wide open three. The focus was on having other perimeter players rotate to the shooters occasionally as well as the way players recover from the paint to a shooter. Reading the defense becomes important and results in a more realistic, challenging experience.
  3. Fouls – finding a way to get more fouls into the game without it becoming distracting was an area of emphasis. International officiating can be inconsistent and I wanted the roster to display that. You may get a perimeter blocking foul on a ticky-tack call and then get a no-call at the rim. That same contact at the rim on the next play might draw a whistle. I wanted to create a feeling of unpredictability of how and when fouls are called.
Overall, I wanted to maintain the advantage created by the offense while making the windows of how long those advantages remain open smaller in an attempt to make the game more about rewarding offensive execution rather than simply waiting on defensive mistakes.

NOTE: I made efforts to limit the amount of 5 second closely guarded whistles, but they do still exist and are a necessary evil of using Euroleague teams. 2K has incorrectly implemented this rule and there will be times it gets called. So be mindful of how long you are holding the ball or isolating.

NOTE: All Euroleague teams have the Pace as their preset freelance, so there are times the 4 man will play pick and roll as the ball handler, this is unavoidable but doesn't happen too often.

MYLEAGUE
The rosters are designed for a single MyLeague season with a knockout tournament at the end.

There are 15 teams from this summer along with 92 USA. The 15 teams included are the 12 Olympic teams and the 3 second place teams from the OQTs (Canada, Italy and Puerto Rico).

Align the current teams in the Eastern conference, put 92 USA (89 Pistons) in the West, set the schedule to 14 games, playoffs to 1-1-1-1 and go to work for the chance to play the 92 Dream Team in the Final.

Use the MyLeague sliders below along with the guide in the post #2:

MyLeague Sliders: RIO

- Ricky Rubio quoting Magic Johnson

Last edited by jattnanga; 08-09-2016 at 05:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2016, 05:58 PM   #2
Rookie

jattnanga's Arena

Re: RIO 2K16 (X1)

MyLEAGUE: GETTING STARTED
  • Choose SEASON from the three options at the top of the screen
  • Press Y to load MyLeague Sliders: Search for gamertag Jatt Nanga and download RIO sliders.
    • Turn OFF Autosave (unless you want it on)
    • Turn ON Use Custom Roster
    • Adjust season length to 14 and change the playoff lengths to 1 game for a knock out format
    • Turn ON Customize League
    • Everything else is already done if you loaded the sliders.
  • Choose the RIO Roster in Roster Picker screen.
  • When customizing the league....
    • 15 Team MyLeague
      • Align the current teams in the Eastern conference, put 92 USA (88-89 Pistons) in the West.
  • Control all 30 teams.
  • Leave all the MyLeague Automation team control settings on Manual.
  • The game will now sign random players to teams to make complete 13 man rosters.
    • Be sure to have CPU Adjust the rotations...otherwise the game may freeze.
    • These signings will not disrupt the national team lineups.
  • TEAM RELOCATION: You can relocate and rebrand a team to create the team name and jerseys.
    • Press B to go to options menu. You can press RT/LT to scroll through the national teams.
    • There are two issues with team relocation to be aware of...
      • 1) You can only relocate 3 teams.
        • USA (Neptunas), Serbia (Crvena Zvezda) have the most unrealistic jerseys if you are looking to edit teams for realism. The rest of the jerseys are pretty close.
        • For the third, I recommend Argentina (Nizhny) or Spain (EA7 Milano), but you should do whatever is going to make the experience better for you.
      • 2) DO NOT GO INTO THE EDIT ARENA MENU for relocated teams.
        • You can change the team city, name, abbreviation, logo and design uniforms.
        • But editing the arena will create an arena with an NBA distance 3pt line which will make it different than the other national teams in the roster.
  • Playoffs: The top 8 teams in each conference will make the playoffs
    • Check the standings to see who finished where and who missed the playoffs
    • Play out the playoffs, game-by game. Be careful with simulating games as it may simulate the game you want to play.
      • The order of the schedule is 3 v. 6, 4 v. 5, 2 v. 7, 1 v. 8...then the bottom game comes first in the conference semi-finals.
  • After you finish the finals...
    • you can restart the season and do it all over again.

Last edited by jattnanga; 08-06-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-06-2016, 05:58 PM   #3
Rookie

jattnanga's Arena

NOTES
  • Be sure to check which jerseys each team is wearing before each game.
    • White away jerseys
      • some teams have white home jerseys and others white away jerseys
      • be sure to check which color each team is wearing so you don't end up with white on white
    • Jersey numbers are difficult to see
      • white jerseys for Dinamo (ITA) and Neptunas (USA)
    • Recommended teams to rebrand
      • USA, SRB, ARG
  • The game calls 5 seconds closely guarded much too frequently and in the wrong context a lot.
    • So don't hold the ball or dribble when defended well for long. Get it rid of it and get it back.
  • Don't let the team and overall ratings fool you.
    • Every team is tough to play against and many of the ratings are impacted by speed/quickness and some positions have been changed that affected ratings to make the substitution rotations work properly.
  • These are meant to have a grind-it-out type feel to them, so don't be discouraged if you're having trouble early on.
    • You're going to have to read screens, anticipate rotations, attack closeouts and make good decisions if you want to be successful.
    • Don't play video games...play basketball.”
OFFENSE
  • Use the plays as a guide, but feel free to break off to keep the game from being too slow of a pace.
    • You'll notice that teams run the same 4 or 5 plays a lot so its easy to adjust and learn the plays.
  • It's difficult to score without running plays to create an advantage so don't rely on dribbling around.
    • Think about creating situations, attacking closeouts or playing through the post, not repeated only isolation and repeated PNR
  • Bad, lazy passes or dribbling in traffic will result in turnovers so be smart handling the ball.
  • Don't rely on turbo too heavily in transition as its effects have been decreased.
    • When using turbo on a breakaway, tap RT to get a boost of speed rather then just holding it
  • Don't expect huge driving lanes, once you get your feet or shoulder past your man go into your layup.
    • Don't wait for a huge gap to open up, because it probably won't...but if you time your launch properly, you'll be in good shape.
DEFENSE
  • Any lapses will likely be punished. So stay solid and limit gambling, although gambling at the right times can be very rewarding.
  • Don't rely on long bumping animations to pressure the ball handler...bump and recover.
    • Move your feet. Its all about positioning.
  • Based on matchups, it might be wise to control a helpside defender in pick and roll situations.
    • If you do help on the roll man, be ready to close out to the wing in case your teammate rotates to the shooter in the corner
  • Don't leave shooters whether they have the ball in triple threat or in catch and shoot situations.
    • If you give ground, they will be aggressive.
  • Bring early help on aggressive drivers or post up threats.
    • You might give up an open shot to a lesser player, but its a pick your poison scenario.
  • Box out. Don't rely on skying for rebounds...many of these players are not NBA-caliber athletes
    • Rebounding has been tuned to favor positioning over athleticism
USING YOUR FAVORITE TEAM
  • Set Your Freelance Offense
    • The default is Pace and will have a lot pick and roll, but if you're playing with 2 bigs, you may want to consider a different freelance.
  • Let Auto Run Plays do its thing, but use Y to send players on backcuts when overplayed often.
    • If you don't want to pass to the cutter you just sent through, press LB/L1 twice to cancel and then make the next best decision.
    • It's in your best interest to learn some of the plays so you can manually call actions or be able to use Smart Play and quickly recognize sets which play is which.
    • Don't hesitate to call for random pick and rolls on-the-fly, especially on the back end of the actions on a called play.
  • Once you get some of the plays and freelance down, it will actually begin to feel like a real basketball game
    • Hit the open man and keep flowing.
    • Use dribble handoffs and when reversing through a non-shooting big and look to play pick and roll often to create an advantage.
  • If you don't have a good look in transition, pull it back out and wait a second.
    • Look for the auto playcall to kick in or call for a play manually.
    • You don't always have to wait for on-screen cues and run every play all the way through, avoid being mechanical.

Last edited by jattnanga; 08-06-2016 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-07-2016, 08:01 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

THIS IS DOPE! I can't wait to get back home to check this out... Thanks.
Old 08-07-2016, 06:55 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is awesome! Exactly what I was looking for. Lots of great rosters out there but none seem to have this year's real olympic rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2016, 07:18 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

This won't be ready till late tonight right?
Old 08-07-2016, 09:10 PM   #7
Rookie

jattnanga's Arena

Yea, by the time i'm done with everything it'll probably be Monday. I want a run a quick final test of the 3 games that are happening today to make sure everything is smooth and the playbooks with the new plays are incorporated properly.

I had to do the same thing last night with the 3 games from group A and i'm glad I did cause there were a few minor tweaks that made a nice difference to add even more realism, particularly with Australia's offense.

Old 08-07-2016, 09:16 PM   #8
Rookie

jattnanga's Arena

Also, I wanted to add that I played the USA-China game from both sides last night. I played an average game overall with the USA and won 100-71.

I played a pretty solid game with China, but had some turnovers late and lost to USA 96-68. I was within 8 or 10 most of the game but the USA closed me out pretty good in the 4th.

I played a pretty sloppy game of Australia vs. France and lost with Australia 67-72. I then watched CPU-CPU Serbia v. Venezuela and Serbia won by 88-69.

So things are looking like they are going to work out nicely in terms of the number of possessions and the scoring numbers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »