Home

GOAT Roster

This is a discussion on GOAT Roster within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2016, 12:42 AM   #49
Rookie

Dodgersnlakers109's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: GOAT Roster

Not to rush but just curious what was the eta on this again?
Old 10-09-2016, 04:25 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgersnlakers109
Not to rush but just curious what was the eta on this again?
Great timing on your question. So, the short answer is ASAP. Since sept 16 I have been working literally night and day and sometimes when I can keep my eyes open, through the night on this bad boy.

So here's your update:

• Adjusted verticals/dunk packages/tendencies so guys dunk like they should. I have been tired for quite some time now seeing everyone's head above the rim like this is NBA JAM and guys who have no business touting dunk contest worthy packages in games having them (like I said, check Yaos if you want to LOL) or guys who don't poster just ravaging people in the lane. So I fixed that aspect.

• Every players badges have been added, adjusted or corrected.

• Since I edit every player, I pull up YouTube and have watched at least 5 to 10min on each guy to get the right sigs for jumpers, dunks, layups and to adjust tendencies. It's so cool seeing everyone's game flow correctly and their jumpers are imperative to immersion.

• All NBA teams are done as far as editing goes; and that goes for everything... likeness, info, sigs, badges, ratings, tendencies, gear. Monday, October 10 I will begin editing free agents that I added to the game.

• In a prior post I mentioned you can draft from the FA pool, historic teams, current teams and FIBA teams if you so choose when opening up and customizing a myleague file. That being said, this is huge. In the past, I had to try to get every classic player into the FA pool or onto their respective franchises 15 man roster. Because the draft used to only be composed of FAs and players on current teams. But now, thanks to some unknown genius hero, we can draft from every team in the game... despite team type. This was a super smart addition and huge for us roster editors but the other edge to the blade is that now I have to edit the ratings of the unwanted players and tank them so they don't get drafted, so the players we want don't get stuck behind some generic classic/fiba player. So I am going to go through and edit all the role players from each classic team the way I have with the players on current rosters and all the ones I added in. Relatedly, I will tune down all generic player sliders to 25s so there is no fear of them getting drafted. I will leave the FIBA players as is. But any euro player who has a generic CAP face generated by 2K versus a cyber face will be tuned to 25 since they break the game aesthetically.

• I did a draft just for fun at my current progress point and added 6 expansion teams from the get go and the depth to the league is absolutely insane. This is going to be the most fun I've had with a sports game ever. It was a bit of a tease because I can't wait to get rolling. With a 36 team league that means the fantasy draft is composed of 468 players (36 teams drafting 13 each, then signing free agents later)

• Typically in the past anyone who isn't drafted when entering myleague ends up in the FA pool, but I failed to pay attention what being able to draft from every team in the base roster plus classic plus FA plus FIBA turns the FA pool into, cus if it remains the same there would be like a thousand guys in the FA pool.

• My goal is to have this done by this Friday, October 14 with a roster video, teaser trailer and then uploading the roster to the community. I will also post pics of my sliders I play on because they make the gameplay feel and flow realistic and amazing. Literally can't wait for you guys to get your hands on this.

• I will also be releasing a master list of players that are in the roster.

• Let me know if you all have any more comments, concerns, questions or requests!

Last edited by jamesofwhite21; 10-09-2016 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:08 PM   #51
Rookie

I failed to mention that there are to be two files. Now, I've touched on this before but for whatever reason in past iterations of 2K if I had CAPs in my roster files they WOULD upload to 2Kshare/the community but because I did have CAPs it would for whatever reason give users an error when looking to load/use the roster.

So, long story short I will have one roster that will be CAP free. And I will also have another roster where I make all of the 150 CAPs and drop them in the FA pool.

Ironically making CAPs takes awhile unless there are YouTube formulas out there that are spot on. And all tendencies/ratings/sigs will have to be via basketballreference and watching YouTube.

But, the good thing is since they will be FA I won't have to worry about tuning their salaries, which is what I do for all the users out there that download the file and just want to take the teams as is and skip out on the draft option so that its dynasty vs. dynasty. Which is also pretty cool.

Some teams (Boston, LAL, Phoenix, Thunder/Sonics, Pistons) are super super super stupid stacked. But even teams that are newer like Memphis and New Orleans play up to the competition. When in testing teams I got my *** handed to me by just about every squad at one point or another.

I truly appreciate the jump in gameplay this year. IMO rebounding is better, and the general feel is different. Historically I would only ever enjoy/want to have certain guys on my team because of the way the game played. For example, I always hated being Steve Nash. But through testing (and part of this is my slider settings, and the general fine tuning of every player in the league to play realistically) I have come to find that guys I NEVER used before or hated to play as, I thoroughly enjoyed!

I will post a master list tonight of those players who are in the non CAP/current file and whether they are on a team or in the FA pool. And then I will also take the time tonight to compile a list of the 150 CAPs I will make for the second version. Thanks for all the support!

Last edited by jamesofwhite21; 10-09-2016 at 08:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2016, 08:27 PM   #52
Rookie

Dodgersnlakers109's Arena

OVR: 2

Nice! thanks for the update can't wait!
Old 10-10-2016, 09:23 PM   #53
Rookie

Zeke11's Arena

Man I read you saying you'd drop your gamertag, and got really bummed out about missing out on this roster thinking it was on xbox lol. Anyways thanks for your effort on this project I very much look forward to trying it out!
Old 10-11-2016, 09:11 AM   #54
Rookie

some of the FA/players I'll be adding/editing today:

james white
marcus fizer
deshawn stevenson
antawn jamison
rony seikaly
paul arizin
james posey
len bias
dale davis
darrell griffith
bobby jones
kenny walker
mychal thompson
corey maggette
voshon lenard
gheorghe muresan
maurice stokes
jojo white
alex english
baron davis
ricky davis
dan roundfield
oscar schmidt
marques johnson
antonio mcdyess
dan issel
jack twyman
orlando woolridge
ruben patterson
danny manning
allan houston
mel daniels
rudy tomjanovich
rasheed wallace
brandon roy
craig hodges
cedric maxwell
gilbert arenas
xavier mcdaniel
pat riley
rodney rogers
kirk hinrich
vin baker
chris webber
clark kellogg
kurt rambis
eric snow
reggie theus
zelmo beaty
marcus camby
charles smith
mo williams
hank gathers
paul westphal
alton lister
mookie blaylock
stephon marbury
andre miller
lamar odom
rod strickland
bobby jackson
erick dampier
walt bellamy
hersey hawkins
Old 10-11-2016, 01:30 PM   #55
Banned

Sooo is there still a 150 cap limit? Meaning I can't add my own caps on your roster yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2016, 02:45 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhead23
Sooo is there still a 150 cap limit? Meaning I can't add my own caps on your roster yet?
So simhead23, from what I can understand. You will download my roster, then you should be able to drop your CAPs into my roster. I think. Not 100% sure on that. Once I'm done editing FA, my roster will be done.

But as I've stated here before in prior responses, I'm gonna make another file using that same non-CAP file and add 150 players via CAP and then see if I can release it. In the past I've had sharing issues when others try to use my rosters when they have CAPs in them so that's why this first version is anti CAP til 2.0.

Holding my breath the glitch will not be present still with the second version!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »