Home

Xbox One: Roster that adds missing players to "classic" teams?

This is a discussion on Xbox One: Roster that adds missing players to "classic" teams? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2016, 02:56 PM   #25
Rookie

noot's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Xbox One: Roster that adds missing players to "classic" teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Sure thing. I'm thinking of working my way through the rest of the 90's before uploading a version, just so there's a healthy amount of meat to the file. I'm working on the 1994 Rockets as we speak.

Will chime in when the in-progress roster goes up.

Sidenote, 2K's classic player models get increasingly more depressing as I work my way back in time. The new classic teams mostly look great (2000 Blazers on up). The further I go back though, the more I'm seeing odd faces, scary skinny bodies, etc. The rare updates look great though (Patrick Ewing's new model).

Also yes, I'm on XBox One.
Thank you for doing this man. I've been waiting for somethig like this to get done on the xbox one for so long
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2016, 01:54 AM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Sure thing. I'm thinking of working my way through the rest of the 90's before uploading a version, just so there's a healthy amount of meat to the file. I'm working on the 1994 Rockets as we speak.

Will chime in when the in-progress roster goes up.

Sidenote, 2K's classic player models get increasingly more depressing as I work my way back in time. The new classic teams mostly look great (2000 Blazers on up). The further I go back though, the more I'm seeing odd faces, scary skinny bodies, etc. The rare updates look great though (Patrick Ewing's new model).

Also yes, I'm on XBox One.
man, good work! when you get the chance, can you put a list up here on all the players you're adding for each team? just so we're informed. after all, knowing what to expect, like Bryon Russell and even Jacque Vaughn on the jazz, and Reggie Geary on the Spurs, really helps. thanks.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:30 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAztecGamer
man, good work! when you get the chance, can you put a list up here on all the players you're adding for each team? just so we're informed. after all, knowing what to expect, like Bryon Russell and even Jacque Vaughn on the jazz, and Reggie Geary on the Spurs, really helps. thanks.
Sure thing. And to reiterate to others, this is most definitely still a work in progress. My first sweep through is intended to cover only those who saw real rotation minutes in the postseason to allow gamers to use any classic team without seeing or resorting to generic players checking themselves in (unless there's a huge blowout or severe foul trouble).

I've worked my way backward from 2013 and am currently planning on hitting up the 1991 Bulls and 1990 Cavaliers today. Most rosters now go at least 10 deep, rotations and lineups are accurate per postseason minutes, all generic shoes have been replaced, accessories have been updated with proper placement and color, and some dunk packages have been altered and edited (ex: the default 2K roster had Lindsey Hunter loaded with mega dunks; he now mostly only has his signature open floor one-handers). Also, if socks or shoe color were inaccurate for a given team (2004 T-Wolves road), I tried to finagle that as well.

Anyhow, here's who I've added up to this point:

Rasheed Wallace (2004 Pistons)
Corliss Williamson (2004 Pistons)
Mehmet Okur (2004 Pistons)
Mike James (2004 Pistons)
Derek Fisher (2001 Lakers, 1998 Lakers - one with headband, one without)
James Posey (2008 Celtics, 2006 Heat)
Raja Bell (2001 76ers, 2003 Mavericks)
Rafer Alston (2008 Rockets)
Donyell Marshall (2007 Cavaliers)
John Long (1989 Pistons)
Jim Peterson (1991 Warriors)
Joe Dumars (1989 Pistons - 2K's Dumars was just too awful for me to bear; new version definitely makes me less depressed about using that Pistons team... though the road jerseys are still a mess).
Damon Jones (2007 Cavaliers)
Ira Newble (2007 Cavaliers)
Sasha Pavlovic (2007 Cavaliers)
Luther Head (2008 Rockets)
Glen Davis (2008 Celtics - wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too skinny but have no idea how to fix; any tips are welcome)
Eddie House (2008 Celtics)
P.J. Brown (2008 Celtics)
Walter McCarty (2005 Suns)
Michael Olowokandi (2004 Timberwolves)
Darrick Martin (2004 Timberwolves)
Malik Rose (1998 Spurs)
Scott Burrell (1998 Bulls)
Chris Morris (1998 Jazz)
Bryon Russell (1998 Jazz)
Anthony Mason (1994 Knicks)
Brian Williams (1994 Nuggets)
Carl Herrera (1994 Rockets)
Trent Tucker (1993 Bulls)
Walter Davis (1991 Blazers)
Terry Teagle (1991 Lakers)

Edit: A few more added:
Hot Rod Williams (1990 Cavaliers)
Winston Bennett (1990 Cavaliers)
Orlando Woolridge (1986 Bulls)
Gene Banks (1986 Bulls)
Greg Kite (1986 Celtics)
Reggie Geary (1998 Spurs)

There's still a lot of work and tweaking to be done. For instance, I went pretty basic on most of the shoes. I created accurate Jordan, Kobes, and some others but I don't know if those carry over in roster files. Otherwise, I tried to match brand and color and that was about it (struggled to find a traditional Adidas three-stripes option).

Also, created player tendencies and attributes are open to edit. Many I trust are pretty solid (and some even based directly off 2K when some used to be in the game) but there's a few, like Terry Teagle, that may need a look-over for those tied to that particular club.

Lastly, just remembered, the 1998 Spurs are based off their regular season squad because I'm a big Sean Elliott fan and I didn't like the idea of a classic 90's Spurs team not having him in the rotation (he was injured in the '98 postseason). As such, Reggie Geary didn't make the first cut.

I'll add my gamertag and file name as soon as it's uploaded.

Last edited by VDusen04; 12-12-2016 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-05-2016, 07:55 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

Alright, uploaded the in-progress roster. I didn't do the 1990 Cavaliers yet because I noticed they'll be a bit of an undertaking with Hot Rod Williams' passing. So it's every 90's, 2000's and 2010's team except the 1990 Cavaliers for now.

Roster Name: Retro Roster
Gamertag: Swove (sorry, wrongfully listed Rake2204 before)

As always, feedback is welcomed. Just go easy, because I didn't intend for this to be a public roster but I figured I could throw out what I've got in case anyone was looking for a kickstart.

Last edited by VDusen04; 12-10-2016 at 07:46 PM.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:38 AM   #29
Rookie

that is amazing work, man. small adjustments can be made, naturally, but this is great. really. it's a work in progress, like you said, but it's good so far. I might suggest Darnell Mee, Bison Dele and Reggie Geary still, for when you get a chance, mainly to support Stith and Mutombo on the Nuggets and Avery Johnson on the Spurs, respectively. but excellent work so far, and we'll definitely work with you, giving constructive input on it as it goes, so that by the end of it, we'll all have the best historic roster on xbox one.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:43 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Alright, uploaded the in-progress roster. I didn't do the 1990 Cavaliers yet because I noticed they'll be a bit of an undertaking with Hot Rod Williams' passing. So it's every 90's, 2000's and 2010's team except the 1990 Cavaliers for now.

Roster Name: Retro Roster
Gamertag: Rake2204

As always, feedback is welcomed. Just go easy, because I didn't intend for this to be a public roster but I figured I could throw out what I've got in case anyone was looking for a kickstart.

Thank you for saving us XBOX ONE users man, it seem's everyone was doing classic teams and old season rosters for PS4 now. Thank you again! Can't wait to clock out of work tonight and check this baby out!
Old 12-06-2016, 07:22 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAztecGamer
that is amazing work, man. small adjustments can be made, naturally, but this is great. really. it's a work in progress, like you said, but it's good so far. I might suggest Darnell Mee, Bison Dele and Reggie Geary still, for when you get a chance, mainly to support Stith and Mutombo on the Nuggets and Avery Johnson on the Spurs, respectively. but excellent work so far, and we'll definitely work with you, giving constructive input on it as it goes, so that by the end of it, we'll all have the best historic roster on xbox one.
Right on, thanks man. I'll keep plugging away and I'd like to get to Mee and Geary sooner than later for the reasons you mentioned. That said, in the meantime, I already included Bison Dele but he's easy to overlook because he was still Brian Williams at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrampton
Thank you for saving us XBOX ONE users man, it seem's everyone was doing classic teams and old season rosters for PS4 now. Thank you again! Can't wait to clock out of work tonight and check this baby out!
Glad I could help. And I know, I couldn't believe there wasn't at least one classic roster done proper on XBox. Here's hoping this can be a push in the right direction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2016, 08:49 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Right on, thanks man. I'll keep plugging away and I'd like to get to Mee and Geary sooner than later for the reasons you mentioned. That said, in the meantime, I already included Bison Dele but he's easy to overlook because he was still Brian Williams at that point.

Glad I could help. And I know, I couldn't believe there wasn't at least one classic roster done proper on XBox. Here's hoping this can be a push in the right direction.
right, man. awesome! ah, my mistake. i had no idea he had changed his name. It'd be kinda the same case with Kareem on the old Bucks in the game, since his name on that should be Lew Alcindor, since his name wasn't Kareem Abdul Jabbar until the mid 70s. cool, we'll definitely work with you on that. Weird too, since i looked up Brian Williams, and Basketball-Reference.com doesn't show that he was still in his old name. It shows Bison Dele.

and good point, i was shocked too. Xbox hasn't been getting the support it deserves from the community with regards to historic teams completion, so i'm glad we can help hopefully push for more xbox one completed historic rosters like yours.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »