Home

Project easyCredit - Basketball Bundesliga (and Euro Teams)

This is a discussion on Project easyCredit - Basketball Bundesliga (and Euro Teams) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2016, 09:30 AM   #1
Rookie

brs2305's Arena

OVR: 7
Project easyCredit - Basketball Bundesliga (and Euro Teams)

Hey guys,

so this is finally the year, I feel it is worth it und possible to create not just my beloved medi Bayreuth, but all of the German Basketball Bundesliga. Keeping in mind, that it is not possible to recreate european league systems into NBA2k as of now, I might play around with some Euroleague teams and other well known Teams around europe, which are not in the game. I am thinking about London Lions (UK), TELENET BC Oostende (Belgium), Strasbourg IG, Limoges, ASVEL, AS Monaco (France) and maybe some interesting clubs from the north, just for the sake of fun.

As of right now, I got a little overexcited noticing, that there has already been somebody taking care of team courts/jerseys and even putting out a roster. But unfortunately it only took a couple minutes to find out, that it's pretty much unusable. That means Player stats couldn't be more off. Players were just edited and not newly created, or at least edited from rookies. So, for a stats nerd like me it's quite unbearable to see a player with someone else's history stats. And last but not least, there hasn't been any love for teams created. It seemed to be a one and done kinda thing, unfortunately.

So obviously there needs to be something done about this situation. And well, who knows, maybe a wink more for 2k that we would love to get some attention in europe, too . And this is a fairly good starting point.

Right now I am experimenting with a formulas guide from Aderito which seems to be quite useful in some instances. However, there are some occasions, where I have to fall victim to the far less detailed tracked player stats in european basketball (Yeah, what a shame, right?! ). Thus, I will need to do some work arounds and see, if it's giving me acceptable outputs, which should rely on subjective opinion as less as possible. I am working on a spreadsheet, which should ultimately give out all necessary ratings, solely based on stats. However I am talking about current stats from the on going season. This also means, that since we are fresh into the season (5 games played), I need to wait a couple weeks to pass for the stats to be more accurate. But since I am expecting this project to last a little longer, this shouldn't be a show stopper.

Also I am very excited about turty11's player generator, which will be very useful for adjusted draft classes with a good balance for european und college players.

I will be updating this post once some progress is being made. If somebody is keen on joining into this project for PS4, your are welcome to. Maybe there are ideas out there on how to turn some stats into ratings.

Last edited by brs2305; 10-16-2016 at 05:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2016, 12:45 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Project easyCredit - Basketball Bundesliga (and Euro Teams)

Nice idea!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »