Home

Draft Class Makers..Should we have more control?

This is a discussion on Draft Class Makers..Should we have more control? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2016, 10:57 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Draft Class Makers..Should we have more control?

Point of the thread is in the title...should draft class makers have more control or influence over how the players they create will progress?

Currently, at least to me, it seems as if every player will progress in the same areas relative to their position. 1.) Are you fine with that? 2.) If no, what would be your solution? I'll start

My solution would be the introduction of player potential ratings for every attribute. I mean how can 2K vary player progression if every player theoretically can progress to 99 in every category. I think this wouldnt be to hard to do on our side of the equation with the introduction of the "quick edit' feature:
You create a player and set his attributes. Next you could press triangle/Y on the quick edit screen and you would now be viewing the 'player potential ratings'. Set those to whatever you like and now that player's potential overall would be calculated from his 'potential overall ratings'. To combat the issue of it being time consuming, the attributes in the 'player potential ratings' screen would default to whatever the actual ratings are. Now all you have to do is change whatever areas you think a guy will improve in.

I think this could open the door for a more in depth scouting feature, as you now have an actual player ceilings for the game to evaluate. You would have to make a decision based on how far away a guy is from his potential ratings. It could also be a way to stress player development as now you could find a way to so users would have to develop players towards their ceilings. I think it could also help on the side of AI roster construction as the AI could draft guys that match their blueprint. Could also open the door for guys to play a little above their actual ratings based on coaching and system fit if they havent reached their potential yet.

Overall I think this sort of thing would be a great tool for draft class makers as you would have more influence over the type of star players you want to create. It would also get rid of the everyone having the capacity to become a 90+ rated three point shooter. Just my thoughts on what would be most feasible. Interested in any say that you guys have on the subject.

Side Note: i'm aware that 2K would absolutely butcher this in their default roster due to lack of attention to detail. But that default roster is already a mess.

Last edited by Baebae32; 10-26-2016 at 11:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2016, 02:12 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Draft Class Makers..Should we have more control?

I've always said we need 2 potential ratings, one for offense & one for defense. That way players could progress a little differently. You could create players with high defense potential & low offense, so they'd turn out more like DwightHoward or DeandreJordan.. or vice versa & have JamesHarden running around. They way EVERYONE progresses into an "all around" build is so annoying to me.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:23 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Draft Class Makers..Should we have more control?

Good suggestion but I can see 2k having a formula turning every player with high offensve ratings into a 3 point shooter. Would be impossible to have guards like wade, rondo, derozan etc

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »