Home

(PS4) 2K17 RINGLESS SQUADS Roster Project w/ the 02 Kings, 93 Suns, 12 OKC & More!

This is a discussion on (PS4) 2K17 RINGLESS SQUADS Roster Project w/ the 02 Kings, 93 Suns, 12 OKC & More! within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2016, 02:05 AM   #1
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4
Arrow (PS4) 2K17 "Ringless Squads" Roster Project w/ the 02 Kings, 93 Suns, 12 OKC & More!

(Complete; Click here)

Two hundred and thirty four playoff wins
Forty seven teams eliminated
No rings

. This is the "Ringless Squads" Roster

Fulfill all of the greatest "what-if" scenarios for each franchise in this roster. Do you have what it takes to lead your squad to a championship?

Sup everyone. As you may or may not know, I've done tons of signature work for the community in the past. This year I have decided to create my first ever Historic Roster for everyone on PS4 to enjoy. I've looked through every franchise's year-to-year teams and I've selected some of their best playoff runs, iconic players, and just downright fun teams. (Not every team would have been considered title contenders for their specific year. I tried to get teams that weren't already represented in 2K.)

Some info:

**3 Point Era Teams Only (with one exception..)
**Optimal Settings: Season Mode or Playoff Mode; Trades OFF, Signings OFF
**Not designed for MyLeague/MyGM (contracts are untouched: different eras = different salary caps and numbers. Wouldn't make sense to put those in)
**Each team will have a 12-13 man rotation. Other bench players may or may not be included, depending on playing time
**Rosters will be accurate as of the trade deadline for that particular season

This is still in its very very early stages and will take some time as this is not a copypasta job. Edits will be very thoroughly done by me for every player in this roster. So that's

Player Info, Hot Zones, Play Types, Ratings, Badges, Signature Shots, Accessories and most importantly, Tendencies!

Each team will run their own unique offense which will be very similar to what they ran that year. I've been watching hours of footage and dissecting what kinds of plays a team runs and for who. Here's a preview of the early tendency edits I've given to the 2012 Oklahoma City Thunder (Superstar difficulty):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFEXR1zCVAM

More CPU Gameplay

NOTES
Spoiler

---------------------------------

TEAM LIST

Atlantic
02 Celtics
07 Raptors
02 Nets
99 Knicks
85 76ers

Southeast
98 Hornets
97 Hawks
09 Magic
97 Heat
79 Bullets

Central
97 Pistons
11 Bulls
04 Pacers
01 Bucks
09 Cavs

Northwest
09 Nuggets
98 Timberwolves
92 Jazz
09 Trailblazers
12 OKC

Southwest
04 Grizzlies
06 Spurs
88 Mavs
86 Rockets
08 New Orleans)

Pacific
02 Kings
93 Suns
04 Lakers
06 Clippers
07 Warriors

More teams will be revealed (by division) as I complete them.

----------------------------------

CREDITS
CAPs: tgorgentj23, freno90, Zeke11, thesicnessnz, horusgrant
Rebrands: millsmontana
Roster Help: VizzyXV, SonicMage

----------------------------------

Stay tuned..

Last edited by BluFu; 05-20-2017 at 07:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2016, 10:02 AM   #2
Pro

VinnyVegas28's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: (PS4) 2K17 RINGLESS SQUADS Roster Project w/ the 02 Kings, 93 Suns, 12 OKC & More

I like that preview of Thunder. Looks good. Looking forward to teams.

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk
Old 11-04-2016, 10:50 AM   #3
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

Re: (PS4) 2K17 RINGLESS SQUADS Roster Project w/ the 02 Kings, 93 Suns, 12 OKC & More

Thunder preview looks awesome. I don't really use historic rosters, but this still pooks awesome.
Old 11-05-2016, 11:19 PM   #4
MVP

BluFu's Arena

If anyone would like to help with CAP creation and roster construction (just copying the work tgor and freno have done, no ratings and whatnot). Message me as that would really speed up this roster!
Old 11-19-2016, 07:33 PM   #5
MVP

BluFu's Arena

The PACIFIC Division

2004 Los Angles Lakers (56-26)
The first superteam of the modern era. Much like the Warriors of today, the expectations were huge going into the season. Despite their age, both Karl Malone and Gary Payton averaged 20 ppg the season prior. These veteran allstars joining the most dominant duo in basketball seemed to have guaranteed the Lakers franchise yet another championship ring to their collection. Pound the paint and the midrange area as you look to get Malone his first and only NBA title.

KEY STAT: 28.7 FTA/G (Lead the league)

1993 Phoenix Suns (62-20)
With the blockbuster trade of Charles Barkley, the Phoenix Suns propelled themselves to elite status; earning their first Finals appearance since 1976. Featuring one of the most balanced scoring efforts of the 3-point era, the Suns gave Michael Jordan's Bulls serious issues trying to defend them consistently: holding them to their lowest ever Net RTG in the Finals.

KEY STAT: 113.4 PPG (Lead the league)

2002 Sacramento Kings (61-21)
To most, this wasn't just a great team; these were the *Real* NBA Champs of 2002. After getting swept the year prior, the Kings came back with a vengeance, posting the highest win total as well as the the best playoff performance Sacramento had ever seen. With swift passing, sharp cuts, and open looks, this team epitomized some of the most beautiful things about team basketball.

KEY STAT: 18.9 AST/G Amongst Starters (Lead the league)

2006 Los Angeles Clippers (47-35)
After trading for Sam Cassell, the Clippers were primed for their first real playoff success since the move from Buffalo. Alongside the very underappreciated Elton Brand, the team was able to push the famous Seven Seconds or Less Suns to a 7 game series. Take advantage of midrange scoring opportunities and the strong two-man game of Brand & Cassell as you lead the Clips to their first great playoff push.

KEY STAT: 43.1 TRB/G (2nd in the League)

2007 Golden State Warriors (42-40)
Going from one of the longest playoff droughts in NBA history to taking down the best team in basketball; relive the "We Believe" Warriors that shocked the nation. Push the pace after missed baskets for easy transition hoops and use the multitude of shooters at your disposal. With the "Father of Small-Ball" at the helm, this team will be able to compete with any lineup thrown at them.

KEY STAT: 20.4 Fastbreak PPG (1st in the league)

Last edited by BluFu; 12-11-2016 at 12:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2016, 10:10 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8

Great work. Love the research that you are putting in for this project.

Might I suggest the 93-94 Sonics. They went 63-19, posted the best regular season record that season. They were dominant during the regular season on their homecourt, played trapping defense that forced a lot of turnovers that led to highlight fastbreaks. They are mostly remembered for being the first #1 seed to lose in the first round. But this team was very exciting and yet often forgotten when it comes to the What If Teams.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:15 AM   #7
Rookie

Yeah this will be lit.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:26 PM   #8
MVP

BluFu's Arena

Ran 2 Quick Games back to back: 2004 Lakers vs 2012 OKC (Superstar Difficulty, sliders untouched)

Let me know your thoughts (besides that silly Durant ISO at 1:00! Lol). The CPU might be less aggressive when playing against itself.. Westbrook usually destroys me if I'm controlling the other team lol. All feedback needed whether you're planning on playing with the roster or not!

*ALSO, I'm trying to decide between the 2004 or 2011 Grizzlies. Who do I pick?

Last edited by BluFu; 12-04-2016 at 01:34 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »