Home

Will utilizing the full 25-99 rating scale break the game stat-wise??

This is a discussion on Will utilizing the full 25-99 rating scale break the game stat-wise?? within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2016, 05:06 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Will utilizing the full 25-99 rating scale break the game stat-wise??

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
If you come up with a scale I'm down to try editing a few teams.

Im actually about to do it because this year there feels like almost zero seperation between ELITE -> Great -> Good -> Journeymen - > High Potential - > not so good players

Exactly what I'm saying. There should definitely be separation. I'm getting started now. It's not a formulaic scale though. It will be based on my own personal and community knowledge. ALL feedback is appreciated
Old 12-28-2016, 07:09 PM   #10
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

Make a Google doc and then i can add my notes.
Old 12-28-2016, 08:27 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
Make a Google doc and then i can add my notes.

I just did the rockets relatively fast. Using Sonicmage's tendencies and ratings, then going through and changing some of the subjective and objective ratings (i.e. On ball defense you'll notice harden is much lower, all the big men much lower)

Please give it a look and any feedback if you see anything that might be off.

And give me a team to do next.

Psn name: bulletclubVirgil
File name: rocket11
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2016, 12:59 AM   #12
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

personally, i would LOVE to be able to set guys ratings at 25s for people who are brutal defensively, but turns out that breaks the game and offense becomes way too easy and in sim teams will start scoring 120 points a game shooting over 50% and ingame is just..lol.

ive set myself a minimum cap of 40 for IQ ratings defensively and its helped alot. thats stilla 59 rating gap, and honestly most players fall into the "below average to average" range (i used 70 as average). there are few "elite" defenders

as far as what i base these off of, i use nba.coms play type tracking for defense, iso > on-ball, pick and roll is straight up simple to convert, and help D i base kind of off of PnR with some eye test - IE guys like noah are elite help defenders, westbrook/harden/curry are not good at all, and post D also translates easily from nba.coms stats. i also use defensive fg% difference to determine shot contest, and lock-down defender badges

if you want to get wild, you can "average out" hand-off, iso, and spot up defensive stats for on-ball

Last edited by turty11; 12-29-2016 at 01:03 AM.
Old 12-29-2016, 08:41 PM   #13
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

I was thinking we should just focus on setting a base for the actual "athletic" ratings (Speed,Quickness,Jumping,Strength) first then go from there.

All other ratings such as awareness seem to give boosts to those ratings and possibly (not 100% sure) unlock animation sets.

Id imagine SonicMage ratings would fit he did create a formula but the BASE ATHLETIC ratings are so out of wack players appear very very similar with no real separation.

The only issue is setting a base for the athletic ratings. Doing it by eye doesn't scale. I'll have to play around with it maybe ill do that now.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:13 PM   #14
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

the problem with the athletic ratings is you cant really measure them and guys take so many possessions off, the eye test is kind of like..wait is he trying or not?. its not the NFL where we can get drill times for everyone sadly.

The only thing you can realy turn into something solid are vertical speed and those light/cone drills, but the problem is youre getting data for that for what, maybe 20-30% of current players at best? I tried doing it last year and it was just a nightmare trying to do even just verticals due to a lack of combine participation
Old 12-29-2016, 11:14 PM   #15
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

I made a thread about it...the way i started to do it was by age, and in tiers like

25 35 45 - below average

55 - average

65 75 - above average

85 95 - elite

99 - other worldy

This tiering makes the most sense and would provide the least type of headache.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »