Home

? 4 Roster Makers - How to get around Retired Numbers

This is a discussion on ? 4 Roster Makers - How to get around Retired Numbers within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2017, 07:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
? 4 Roster Makers - How to get around Retired Numbers

Upon attempting to make a Roster, I'd for example would like to make a younger version of Bill Russell, but I can't find a way to put him on the Celtics and still use the #6 since that number is retired with the franchise.

While making a roster, I don't even see an option to view the retired numbers per team, I think I can see them during a season, but not in the Roster Editing.

Has anyone found a way around this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2017, 07:14 PM   #2
Pro

Justin1555's Arena

Re: ? 4 Roster Makers - How to get around Retired Numbers

Created players, give them correct #'s then assign them directly to desired team.
Old 02-03-2017, 01:19 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1555
Created players, give them correct #'s then assign them directly to desired team.
So that would only be from my created players list right? So if but created players from downloaded rosters can't be done?
Old 02-03-2017, 07:13 AM   #4
Pro

Justin1555's Arena

No, it cant.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:19 AM   #5
Pro

VinnyVegas28's Arena

Trade bill russell from classic team to current Celtics..then assign your cap bill russell to celtics..edit your cap to be higher overall and your cap will have retired number. Then trade other bill russell back to classic team

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2017, 02:28 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyVegas28
Trade bill russell from classic team to current Celtics..then assign your cap bill russell to celtics..edit your cap to be higher overall and your cap will have retired number. Then trade other bill russell back to classic team

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

Every retired # doesnt have a official 2k player so it doesn't always work like that

@MillsMontana Soundcloud-Twitter-IG
Old 02-03-2017, 09:39 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

As long as you assign the created player directly to the team they can use whatever number you want them to use. If that doesn't work there is still a workaround though.

This is how you can do it. I'll use Bill as the example.

Choose a player from one of the classic teams, doesn't even have to be Bill Russell, say it's Allen Iverson. Change his name to Bill Russell and his number to 6. Trade him to the Celtics and he will still be Bill Russell number 6..

Now create your younger Bill Russell and assign him to a team. Trade him to one of the classic teams and make sure his overall is higher than the Bill Russell that you already traded to Boston and his number is 6. Now trade the new Bill Russell to Boston, the higher rated player will always take the number.

You can't change his number once he's on the team or you'll never get it back to 6. That's the only work around for the number trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »