Home

Draft classes on xbox one with edited tendencies

This is a discussion on Draft classes on xbox one with edited tendencies within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2017, 08:54 PM   #17
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Draft classes on xbox one with edited tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirigeganto
I'm willing to take a crack at making one, assuming you're willing to use a first-timer's work. My plan is to borrow tendencies from comparable player's to approximate the player's playstyle when "fully grown." I'll even toss in some busts. The one thing I'm not sure about is shot tendencies from specific areas of the floor. Do I do those based on the player's hotzones?
Those shot tendencies for specific areas are typically just single digit numbers to determine the areas where a player takes the most shots from that specific area.

For example, If a player attempts a lot of corner threes but doesn't attempt a lot of threes above the break, you might give him a 9 right and left corner three tendency and a 3 center three tendency.

Hope that makes sense, but i definitely recommend using the default roster as a base. Go through and find out what the position average driving layup tendency is for a point guard, And if you're creating a point guard who's above average at layups, maybe give him an above average layup tendency. Basically just do that for everything. It will be a lot of work at first but after a while it starts to just become muscle memory.

Let me know if you have any more questions or anything
Old 05-03-2017, 10:42 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
Those shot tendencies for specific areas are typically just single digit numbers to determine the areas where a player takes the most shots from that specific area.

For example, If a player attempts a lot of corner threes but doesn't attempt a lot of threes above the break, you might give him a 9 right and left corner three tendency and a 3 center three tendency.

Hope that makes sense, but i definitely recommend using the default roster as a base. Go through and find out what the position average driving layup tendency is for a point guard, And if you're creating a point guard who's above average at layups, maybe give him an above average layup tendency. Basically just do that for everything. It will be a lot of work at first but after a while it starts to just become muscle memory.

Let me know if you have any more questions or anything
I'm enthusiastic if nothing else. I went through with my initial attribute edits and have a class of around 75 players. Though I skipped a few in the low 60s to mix it up (and because I could only think of so many ways to make a 60 OVR PF). I'll dive into tendencies next. I'm trying to learn from your DC3 roster and I noticed that once you get out of the "lottery" players with 80+ potential seem to disappear. Is this just preference, or is my thinking wrong? I made a 23 year-old with about a 65 rating, 80 potential and 29 peak. The idea was to make him an all-or-nothing sleeper pick. I know there's a point where lower rated players simply can't catch up (In my first MyGM I blithely drafted a 52 OVR with an A- potential), but I've been accustomed to +6 OVR progression for rookies. I'm going to guess the reason is that the CPU will see that potential, bite and fail to develop him properly. Also, is there a resource somewhere for how attributes are weighed for different positions? I tried to edit a 6'7" small forward into a point guard, but no matter what I do the game still rates him more highly as a SF.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:57 AM   #19
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
I'm enthusiastic if nothing else. I went through with my initial attribute edits and have a class of around 75 players. Though I skipped a few in the low 60s to mix it up (and because I could only think of so many ways to make a 60 OVR PF). I'll dive into tendencies next. I'm trying to learn from your DC3 roster and I noticed that once you get out of the "lottery" players with 80+ potential seem to disappear. Is this just preference, or is my thinking wrong? I made a 23 year-old with about a 65 rating, 80 potential and 29 peak. The idea was to make him an all-or-nothing sleeper pick. I know there's a point where lower rated players simply can't catch up (In my first MyGM I blithely drafted a 52 OVR with an A- potential), but I've been accustomed to +6 OVR progression for rookies. I'm going to guess the reason is that the CPU will see that potential, bite and fail to develop him properly. Also, is there a resource somewhere for how attributes are weighed for different positions? I tried to edit a 6'7" small forward into a point guard, but no matter what I do the game still rates him more highly as a SF.
Well my DC 3 actually doesn't have very many 80+ overall potentials, the DC 2 is the more loaded class. But you have to understand that if you make a 65 overall player with an 80 potential there's a very good chance that he will never reach an 80 overall due to lack of playing time considering he's only a 65 overall, also his attributes would have a lot of ways to progress and stuff can get out of wack when the players attributes progress that much.

My recommendation is that if you're going to make a 65 overall player with 80 potential, give him low attributes and like 98 intangibles so that he's a bum when he comes into the league but over time he develops usable tendencies. Don't give him really low intangibles and really high attributes or else his attributes will develop like crazy.

Hope all of that made sense but I also like the fact that you're editing peak start and end. I hate when every player in the league is in their peak until their early to mid 30s. Most players start getting worse in their late 20s.

You should also edit the "play for winner" thing. It's important in Free Agency and in MyGM and it helps give players a little bit more of a personality

(Edit: Didn't see your second question at first, but yes attributes are weighed differently by position. Small forwards are the hardest to make because they're overall goes up a lot faster than any other position)

Last edited by VAWereWolf65; 05-04-2017 at 09:01 AM.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:29 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
Well my DC 3 actually doesn't have very many 80+ overall potentials, the DC 2 is the more loaded class. But you have to understand that if you make a 65 overall player with an 80 potential there's a very good chance that he will never reach an 80 overall due to lack of playing time considering he's only a 65 overall, also his attributes would have a lot of ways to progress and stuff can get out of wack when the players attributes progress that much.

My recommendation is that if you're going to make a 65 overall player with 80 potential, give him low attributes and like 98 intangibles so that he's a bum when he comes into the league but over time he develops usable tendencies. Don't give him really low intangibles and really high attributes or else his attributes will develop like crazy.

Hope all of that made sense but I also like the fact that you're editing peak start and end. I hate when every player in the league is in their peak until their early to mid 30s. Most players start getting worse in their late 20s.

You should also edit the "play for winner" thing. It's important in Free Agency and in MyGM and it helps give players a little bit more of a personality

(Edit: Didn't see your second question at first, but yes attributes are weighed differently by position. Small forwards are the hardest to make because they're overall goes up a lot faster than any other position)
Does that apply to lower rated players too? Like if I have a 3 and D wing with good on ball and 3ball will they grow out of control on the road to 72 potential?

Also editing tendencies is quite tedious. Is there a way to speed it up? Specifically, if I give a player a zero post up tendency, does it matter what his other post tendencies are?
Old 05-05-2017, 07:22 AM   #21
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Does that apply to lower rated players too? Like if I have a 3 and D wing with good on ball and 3ball will they grow out of control on the road to 72 potential?

Also editing tendencies is quite tedious. Is there a way to speed it up? Specifically, if I give a player a zero post up tendency, does it matter what his other post tendencies are?
It depends on how low his overall is. If he's a 65 overall growing to a 72 overall, he'll be fine.

And yea it can be tedious at times. I'm not sure how much post up stuff matters if he has a 0 post up but i would just edit it just in case. Try using quick edit on tendencies, it makes it go a lot quicker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2017, 11:24 AM   #22
Rookie

Is there a way to speed up scrolling in quick edit like with offering mygm contracts? I find scrolling in quick edit to be slower than the main editing menu.

I have about 15 guys done. 60 more and you can tell me if I made something usable.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:14 PM   #23
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Is there a way to speed up scrolling in quick edit like with offering mygm contracts? I find scrolling in quick edit to be slower than the main editing menu.

I have about 15 guys done. 60 more and you can tell me if I made something usable.
Nah i wish lol. I'm hoping they implement some button next year where you can automatically set tendencies to either 0 or 100
Old 05-05-2017, 01:29 PM   #24
Rookie

What about 60 ovr guys with A potential? I know they won't become superstars, but I've observed that growth is faster with a high difference between ovr and potential.

Has the community confirmed this?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »