Home

2017 Offseason Roster w/All Rookies! (NBA 2K17 PS4)

This is a discussion on 2017 Offseason Roster w/All Rookies! (NBA 2K17 PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2017, 05:22 PM   #1
Rookie

EmbraceThePace's Arena

OVR: 0
2017 Offseason Roster w/All Rookies! (NBA 2K17 PS4)

2017 Offseason Roster w/All Rookies! (PS4)

Hey everyone!

I’m happy to announce that for the third straight year, I will be releasing an offseason roster for NBA 2K! I can’t wait for you guys to get your hands on this roster and I’m excited to share all the details with you!

Before we dive into the features of this roster, I first want to say a huge THANK YOU to all of you that have downloaded and played with my draft classes this year! I’ve thoroughly enjoyed working on them and I hope you’ve all enjoyed using them! To this day, my 2017, 2018 and 2019 draft classes have accumulated over 7 MILLION total downloads on PS4! I truly appreciate all of the support. You guys are the best.

Now that that's out of the way, let’s dive into the details of my 2017 Offseason Roster!

RELEASE DETAILS

Release Date: June 22 (Shortly after the NBA Draft concludes)
Platform: Only on PlayStation 4
File Name: 2017 Offseason w/All Rookies
Online ID: EmbraceThePace

ROSTER FEATURES

Fultz 2.jpg
Markelle Fultz in NBA 2K17

All New Draft Picks Included

Ever since September of last year, I've been hard at work creating loads of NBA draft prospects in order to create the most realistic draft classes possible. Hundreds of hours of research and film study went into making these prospects look and play the same way they do in real life. As always, those same creations will be featured in this roster. I'm hopeful that every player that hears his name called will be on their respective teams when this roster drops. If I have not created a player that gets drafted, they will be added in very, very shortly after the initial release. If there is not enough space on a team’s 15-man roster to add a 2nd round pick, he will be placed in the free agent pool until he is officially signed. Also, because I have over 80 players in my 2017 draft class, that means there will be at least 20 undrafted free agents included in the free agent pool!

Brand New Players

Not only will all the 2017 draft picks and several undrafted free agents be included in this roster, but several other new players will be included as well! These players include: Draft & Stash prospects, G-League prospects, Summer League invites, etc.

Updated Ages/Years Pro

I have gone in and updated every single player's age and service time to replicate the 2017-2018 season. All players (including free agents) are now 1 year older and all have 1 more year of experience under their belt.

Updated Contracts

All of the current NBA players now have their contracts fully updated to reflect the 2017-2018 season. I have also given all of this year’s new draftees contracts that match the NBA’s rookie scale. Before I go on, let me quickly explain how I handled upcoming free agents. Because 2K requires that no less than 13 players be on a roster, it is impossible to release all upcoming free agents into the F/A pool, so when this roster releases, most upcoming free agents will still be on their 16-17 team’s roster. I’ve also given some of the bigger name players projected contracts. I chose to handle free agents this way in an effort to make the roster more playable right away. If you plan on starting a multi-year MyLEAGUE with this roster, I recommend waiting until mid-July when most of the big name free agents have signed their new deals.

Frequent File Updates

One of the main things I’ve focused on with my draft classes and rosters the past 3 years has been keeping them as updated as possible. As soon as I noticed a player was traded, had declared for the draft, signed a new contract or even just changed up his hairstyle, I made sure I updated it as quickly as possible. That habit will continue this summer. I'll be keeping tabs on all of the latest player movement, contract signings, number changes, etc. all throughout the offseason and making sure the file stays updated.

I'm extremely excited to finally share the details of this project with everyone! As I stated above, version #1 of this roster will be releasing on June 22 right after the NBA Draft concludes. If you have any questions, comments, feedback or anything else to say, please feel free to post them in this thread or contact me on Twitter. I highly, highly recommend following me on Twitter. I’ll try my best to stay active in this thread, but Twitter is far and away the best place to contact me and learn about new updates.

If you would like to hear me talk more in-depth about this roster, you can watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VjhzpqIhI4

Lastly, I would like to give all of you an opportunity to donate if you feel compelled and have enjoyed my work this year. All donations can be sent directly to [email protected] on PayPal. I’ve put in hundreds and hundreds of hours this year essentially putting out free DLC. If you feel that they are worth something, I ask you to consider donating. Everything is greatly appreciated.

Follow me on Twitter & Instagram: @EmbracePace
Add me on Snapchat: EmbraceThePace
Subscribe on YouTube: Search "EmbraceThePace" and my channel will pop up, or just click the link below this post.
My PSN: EmbraceThePace

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/embracepace

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/izomniayt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2017, 05:26 PM   #2
Rookie

IamAdderlyn's Arena

Re: 2017 Offseason Roster w/All Rookies! (NBA 2K17 PS4)

Awesome, thanks for your work man.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2017, 05:42 PM   #3
Rookie

Good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-20-2017, 09:19 PM   #4
Just started!

Anybody does good work like embracthepace for Xbox one ?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-21-2017, 02:45 AM   #5
Rookie

Dude, I cannot wait! So much work by you to update the contracts, on the rookies, on everything. It is really impressive. Much love. It seriously keeps me from having to buy the new 2K. You're just amazing, is all I can say!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2017, 01:32 PM   #6
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

Old 06-23-2017, 01:14 AM   #7
Just started!

is this roster available now?
Old 06-23-2017, 01:18 AM   #8
Just started!

Great Roster! appreciate all the hard work!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »