Home

Coach2K's Fictional Base Roster

This is a discussion on Coach2K's Fictional Base Roster within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2017, 01:00 AM   #9
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Coach2K's Fictional Base Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy
It's a shame the generated players are only 22 or 21 years old, could be much easier if it was also random
Yeah, the create a player function would be alot better if it created random guys who were also older, who had badges, hot zones and signature skills. As you pointed out they are all in the 22-23 years old age range and completely generic players that still need a lot of work. At least there are some over 80 rated guys created which is an improvement over 2k16. I think most of those CAPS were all under 80 2k16. I have a bunch in 2k17 created. Probably more than I need.

It's too much too hope for but it would be cool to be able to click a button and have a completely fictional roster without having to all the preliminary work I had to do on the base roster (and all the work yet to come!). Another cool thing would be if you could have complete historical rosters available going back to the beginning of the NBA to work with too.

At least the autogenerated draft classes have guys with badges and sig skills which is a plus moving into future seasons.

For now, I've got one or two options I think. One, adjust ages for all the guys in the roster to my liking or two, use this base roster to sim through a few seasons to get a league "history" and blend in the draft classes and then original guys will be older at that time and start from there.

I've simmed a few seasons with the base roster to see if badges and hot zones develop. Badges do but hot zones don't appear to which stinks cause they will all stay neutral.

For now, I'm going to focus on creating my first few players including the very first player I think every fictional roster should have which I will reveal when I finish creating him.

I think what I'm going to do is re-sim a few seasons to see what the simulations identify who it thinks my superstars are and build those guys into better put together created players.

Do you know if in later seasons, the game puts in new staff or are those names always the same no matter how many seasons you go?

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 07-23-2017 at 01:09 AM.
Old 07-23-2017, 01:15 AM   #10
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baebae32
May the editing gods be with you. Took me all of 2k16 to get my roster onto a spreadsheet and i finally revealed it this year lol. But i will say year 2 is far easier. Just find your own scale of how you'll do your attributes and overalls. Tendencies arent too bad once you find your pattern for certain playtypes. Badges arent bad at all. Accessories arent either. Sigs are a bit of a challenge to avoid being too repetitve and contracts are fairly easy.

Define the type of league you want. Then the type of identity you want for each team and youll be fine. Be sure to give some extra love to your stars lol. Let me know if you would like any advice.
Tendencies and attributes are an area I am definitely weak in so I'm sure I'll need some help. I've got a lot to learn about those.

I was thinking about starting my league with a fantasy draft instead of putting everybody on a team. Still thinking about that.

Great work on yours. I can't imagine ever finishing a complete fictional roster!

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Old 07-23-2017, 11:15 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 0

Learn to love the process lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2017, 12:05 PM   #12
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

I decided to go in and evaluate where I wanted to start work on modifying my base roster to more accurately reflect the league I wanted to create.

Rather than modify each player to totally reshape them, I thought what I would do is begin by re-inforcing the players they already are by beginning to assign badges. The first badge I decided to work with is the defensive stopper badge.

I put together a video to walk you through my thoughts on assigning the defensive stopper badge to guys in the base fictional roster.

If you want to follow along, here's the video that talks more about it.

https://youtu.be/bN6MZ0uJRmE

Old 07-26-2017, 06:52 AM   #13
Rookie

CyberOps's Arena

Good luck with all the editing, looking forward to the finished roster and see what you done
Old 08-04-2017, 09:10 PM   #14
Rookie

CyberOps's Arena

How is it going Coach ? Any progress update ?
Old 08-07-2017, 08:52 AM   #15
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Any plans to do a fictional draft class?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2017, 10:41 PM   #16
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberOps
How is it going Coach ? Any progress update ?
At this point, I think I'm going to see what I think of NBA2K18 and decide how I want to move forward.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »