Home

NBA2KGOAT: A SimWorld - Hyperballer - DC Collaboration (NBA 2K18 for Xbox One)

This is a discussion on NBA2KGOAT: A SimWorld - Hyperballer - DC Collaboration (NBA 2K18 for Xbox One) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2018, 11:36 PM   #761
MVP

OVR: 33
Re: NBA2KGOAT: A SimWorld - Hyperballer - DC Collaboration (NBA 2K18 for Xbox One)

Wanted to give thanks to those Xbox Users that are currently helping on entering the data onto the sheet for the PS4 users to port it.

Your sacrifice dont go unnoticed and we will always be grateful for your noble gesture of giving something back to not only the SW, DC & HB crew, that invested hundred of hours to make this project a reality, but to us, OS comrades of the PS4 alternate community.

Having said that, we still accept all and any help you want to give, be it entering the data of your favorite players, or of your entire favorite teams or of just one or two players, anything is welcomed and everythig will contribute to the cause.

Please keep your feedback, highlights, videos, commentaries and everything related to the roster comming, as I am sure it will add to the excitement of the staff of PS4 users that is doing the port and will aid them be engaged through this massive task ... not to mention that it allows Ronyell to revist something and do edits to make it even better.

Again, THANK YOU ALL !

Last edited by ffaacc03; 03-17-2018 at 11:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2018, 01:18 AM   #762
Rookie

theoriginal561's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA2KGOAT: A SimWorld - Hyperballer - DC Collaboration (NBA 2K18 for Xbox One)

Kylie Irving just dunked on the cavs.... These sliders are crazy good
Old 03-18-2018, 08:43 AM   #763
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

I played a game last night from start to finish for once. Played the entire thing!

Started a my league, updated as recommended etc.

Celtics shot 58% against me, my d as a whole sucks. Lol. But I hung in there and lost late after being up 6 with 2 minutes to go.

Celtics 131 Cavs 127 Final

What a fun game, seeing things I hadn’t seen before. Good stuff. It’s a shame you guys can’t get all these edits in to the new game next year by a port of some sorts.

Awesome work and thank you to everyone involved.

Now time to sim some games and play the 4th quarter of some.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 03-18-2018, 09:41 AM   #764
Rookie

wolakfan's Arena

OVR: 1

ATTN: User vs CPU Players

I have noticed a number of posts where people are stating that they keep having blowouts and score too many points in the paint because it is too easy to drive to the basket. I decided to write a post to give some friendly advice and share how I approach playing sim style basketball. To give you an idea of how long I have been playing sports video games, I've been playing since Lakers vs Celtics and the NBA Playoffs on Sega Genesis.

The most important aspect of playing sim basketball is shot selection. We all are competitive and sometimes (consciously or subconsciously) our desire to win can cause us to stick to what we know will work. For example, it's easy to drive to the basket, so I will keep driving to the basket and running fast breaks all game, because I know it will get me buckets. How I approach shot selection is, I tend to only shoot shots that the players shoot in real life. This includes # of shots, and areas on the floor that the player would shoot from in real life. In My League I am controlling the Lakers. I shoot multiple threes per game with Lonzo Ball, even though I know he will miss a lot of them. On the flip side, my 3 pointers that I shoot with Brook Lopez are almost automatic, so I limit the number of times I shoot threes with him.

Another advantage the Lakers have on this roster is fast break points. I only run fast breaks in obvious fast break situations, because Lonzo Ball is a great passer, and the Lakers have a lot of young & fast players. I can get to the rim at will with Jordan Clarkson, but in real life Jordan Clarkson does not drive it to the basket on every possession. My advice is to learn (if you don't already know) what spots on the floor the players on your team shoot from (in real life) and live with the results. You'll be amazed at close most of your games will be, especially when playing against top tier competition. Also have playcalling set to Auto and run plays (especially after the CPU has scored on you).

Lastly, when adjusting to this type of play style there will be some frustration and you might lose some games. One thing I recommend is to have a freelance player, in other words someone who has the right to make any play on the floor at anytime (break away from the offense). This player for me for almost 20 years now has been Kobe Bryant (I have a CAP version of Kobe that I use on the roster now). The reason why I choose Kobe is because in real life he would break away from the offense, read the defense, and shoot whatever shot he wanted to at given times.

To summarize my advice, if you want the game to mimic the real NBA, then you have to make sure that you are mimic real NBA decision making when you are playing. You have to play as if you are playing CPU vs CPU. My suggestion would be to watch your team play a few CPU vs CPU games and if you like the results, see how the CPU got those results. If you treat the CPU as if you are trying to beat a video game (expose major weakness and attack repeatedly), you will almost always win and the results will be lopsided. If you approach the game with the mindset of how would player X, respond to this scenario in real life you will get a far more realistic experience.

If anyone wants or needs further explanation, I will be happy to answer any questions. I did not contribute to this roster in any way, I am just an old school gaming vet, who wanted to share some advice.

Once again SW Team great job!

Last edited by wolakfan; 03-18-2018 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:08 AM   #765
Rookie

While I continue to be blown away by the gameplay, I am dealing with one annoying issue.

The CPU will not take timeouts. I've seen one CPU timeout in 3 games.

Is anyone else seeing this? Is there some setting I'm stupidly forgetting to adjust?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2018, 11:12 AM   #766
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

People are talking about blowouts? I'm currently at the end of December in my MyLeague and I think I've only had 1 or 2 games that were blowouts. Alot of games were pretty close. Shooting %'s from the field are pretty good.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:38 AM   #767
Rookie

wolakfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
People are talking about blowouts? I'm currently at the end of December in my MyLeague and I think I've only had 1 or 2 games that were blowouts. Alot of games were pretty close. Shooting %'s from the field are pretty good.
Just finished a game of Lakers (me) @ Celtics. I won 97-91. Kyrie had 11 @ halftime and finished with 37 (17 in the 4th quarter). I had Lonzo guarding him most of the game so that the he can gain some experience against one of the best playmakers in the game

I love how every game has a different feel to it. No two teams have played the same way so far, and the teams with star players rely on their stars.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:41 AM   #768
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolakfan
Just finished a game of Lakers (me) @ Celtics. I won 97-91. Kyrie had 11 @ halftime and finished with 37 (17 in the 4th quarter). I had Lonzo guarding him most of the game so that the he can gain some experience against one of the best playmakers in the game

I love how every game has a different feel to it. No two teams have played the same way so far, and the teams with star players rely on their stars.
Agreed. I'm playing with the Celtics and Kyrie has great games and bad games. I'm about halfway through a season right now and his PPG has taken a dip to 23.5 i think. James Harden and Lebron are top two.

But the games do play extremely well. It's like a brand new game to be honest. Loving it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »