Home

Roster/Draft Class creators heads up: Intangible Rating Effect

This is a discussion on Roster/Draft Class creators heads up: Intangible Rating Effect within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2017, 01:58 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Roster/Draft Class creators heads up: Intangible Rating Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
Even if you do, you have an issue unless you standardize it and make a system, IMO. I mean, the current crop of players continues to have 90+ ITGBL no matter what your classes are that you import.
I make my own Draft Classes and that is pretty much only way to control it. That is honestly only solution unless you find a like minded Draft Class Creator.

Wish you luck on finding something that works for you.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 09-17-2017, 02:09 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
I make my own Draft Classes and that is pretty much only way to control it. That is honestly only solution unless you find a like minded Draft Class Creator.

Wish you luck on finding something that works for you.
What i mean: Do you make your draft classes and assign the top prospecrs high intagible ? Because otherwise your Draft Class might be a "fit" to the Default Roster off the court in terms of OVRL rating, but will be much stronger playing on the court. Because the default ones get assigned a high rating there to artificially raise them up. Same with recent draft picks more or less. Hope you get what i am trying to say here

And you can't really anticipate/replicate the veterans-effect 2K uses the ITGBL rating for on the default roster, because it will never change for a player.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:32 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 33

I asked for this a few years back, I remember that I told Da_Czar that it would be great for everyone that the players abilities (attribute ratings) remain objective only (based on metrics and such) and that it would be beneficial to sum all subjectivity into one rating, IIRR I called it (Marketability), so players on court performance woulndt have to be altered to meet a desired overall. At the time, Bed wasn't on the team and he also agreed with me in this regard, saying that we thought alike, as well as other things.

Then again, it could very well be as VTCRB said, something to quickly change overalls, adopted regardless of my suggestion.

At any case, I welcome the inclusion, even if some attributes are still been altered to meet an overall, I love its many uses as a roster editor.

The importance for Draft Classes is real and I get your point that it should be considered when creating draft classes in order for it to truly fit the mold of the default rosters, if the roster maker chooses it as the base for the class, thus many do their own rosters and fit their classes onto them.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 09-17-2017 at 02:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2017, 02:55 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
What i mean: Do you make your draft classes and assign the top prospecrs high intagible ? Because otherwise your Draft Class might be a "fit" to the Default Roster off the court in terms of OVRL rating, but will be much stronger playing on the court. Because the default ones get assigned a high rating there to artificially raise them up. Same with recent draft picks more or less. Hope you get what i am trying to say here

And you can't really anticipate/replicate the veterans-effect 2K uses the ITGBL rating for on the default roster, because it will never change for a player.
Intangible Rating is set at 25 for All players in My Draft Classes and Rosters. I did this last year and am doing it again this year. I like to keep things the same when i am editing.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 09-17-2017, 04:15 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Intangible Rating is set at 25 for All players in My Draft Classes and Rosters. I did this last year and am doing it again this year. I like to keep things the same when i am editing.
I have been doing this as well. Seems to work best.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:20 PM   #14
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I've never really thought about this before but going forward I think that I can use the Intangible Rating to my advantage. In the past, the CPU would build their bench based on OVR, and I would run into situations where the CPU would have too many bigs or too many guards in the rotation while a player rated just a tad lower wouldn't see any playing time. If I adjusted the Intangible rating up for the player that should be getting time, then that would keep me from having to try to manually adjust rotations.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-18-2017, 07:52 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I've never really thought about this before but going forward I think that I can use the Intangible Rating to my advantage. In the past, the CPU would build their bench based on OVR, and I would run into situations where the CPU would have too many bigs or too many guards in the rotation while a player rated just a tad lower wouldn't see any playing time. If I adjusted the Intangible rating up for the player that should be getting time, then that would keep me from having to try to manually adjust rotations.
Yep that is why I set INT at 25. You can adjust players as you see fit. In the offseason, just mass edit them back to 25. the Mass edit option is HUGE imo.

Now only if we could edit peak ends and starts, colleges, play types, etc, in the quick menu.. Anywhere we can request that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 07:56 PM   #16
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogurtProducer
Yep that is why I set INT at 25. You can adjust players as you see fit. In the offseason, just mass edit them back to 25. the Mass edit option is HUGE imo.

Now only if we could edit peak ends and starts, colleges, play types, etc, in the quick menu.. Anywhere we can request that?
When Davez starts his annual MyLeague/MyGM Wishlist thread post it there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »