Home

Roster/Draft Class creators heads up: Intangible Rating Effect

This is a discussion on Roster/Draft Class creators heads up: Intangible Rating Effect within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2017, 09:38 PM   #25
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14
Re: Roster/Draft Class creators heads up: Intangible Rating Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ken
These players tend to play best in team like settings. That said, I consider this the Al Horford rating. Al is a player who makes every team much better but no one but hardcore fans of the team he's on or scouts know why.

You can't judge it by having a simple-minded take on the game. You gotta understand the game inside and out. You do the little things, you make the right decisions, you don't just cut to cut, you cut to create, you make winning decisions. It's like being Steve Nash but off the ball. It's really an off the ball setting for offense and defense. It's critical to me. My most important part of what I look for in any Basketball player.
Forgive me, that's a description of what many might describe as intangibles of a real-life player, but that has nothing to do with the Intangibles rating the game uses. You have to try to disconnect the two.

All Intangibles does is modify a player's overall rating to force trade scenarios and contract negotiations to make more sense in MyLeague/MyGM. Intangibles has no discernible effect on gameplay whatsoever. So if you start trying to rate Intangibles for players based on your definition, not only do you introduce a high amount of subjectivity but you start over-inflating overalls for superstar players, because of course Russell Westbrook and every other all-star and above caliber player in the league "does the little things". Both of those are terrible traits to have for roster editing.

Al Horford already gets high enough ratings based on his own achievements, he doesn't need an overall boost.

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2017, 10:02 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Roster/Draft Class creators heads up: Intangible Rating Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ken
As a professional draft class maker. It's the most critical rating in this game. It doesn't improve with the player. Players with low INTG struggle at winning Basketball. I had a super talented player with a 99 INTG and he won 15 NBA titles and a lot of MVPs and he always came up bigger than MJ in the Finals. To me, this is the difference between elite winning players and poor winning players.

Most critical on team-based teams that value system and fit over just talent and skills. That said, as everyone, we would prefer someone who got it all but those players aren't that common.
Intangible rating is ONLY a Overall Rating modifier.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »